Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

A silly question

This is a discussion on A silly question within the Confinement Period forum, part of the You and Your Family category; can we take fruits eg green apples, oranges during confinement? the reason i am asking is because I'm not doing ...

bukit merah
    A silly question

can we take fruits eg green apples, oranges during confinement?

the reason i am asking is because I'm not doing a full confinement, and i'm treasuring each tonic/heaty stuffs that has been prepared for me occassionally

i also heard that if you take fruits especially oranges, the "bu" nutrients from the tonics will be neutralise..or go to waste

Worthy Lady
    Re: A silly question

I am taking red apple and papaya, not too sure about green apple but I know the following fruits cannot consume during confinement as its deemed as cooling.

- dragonfruit, grapes, watermelon, coconut, pomelo

Hi camomile,

My definition of confinement is to rest your body and regain nutrients that has gone to your baby.

I didn't really take confinement food coz they all taste bad to me. I did take fruits as I find that I got constipated easily after I gave birth.

Yes I took oranges but I avoided the sour ones. (Buy navel oranges. The navel ones are usually sweeter). I also avoided green apples. Reason being that I was breastfeeding and already getting hungry very frequently, plus I was always feel tired (coz feeding round the clock) so I didn't want to eat things that would make myself hungrier faster.

Fruits and veges are important as they're a good source of nutrients and Vit C. Vit C is impt for you so that you won't call sick easily.

If you're afraid that oranges or green apples are cooling or will cause phlegm in your baby if you're breastfeeding, you could try other fruits that foreverstsg mummy suggested

Female Attendant

do not take sour and cooling fruits during confinement, you wont feel anything now but later part when you age you will feel the impact. like hand numbness. this is what elderly told me. i rather to believe.