Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Care for our infant

This is a discussion on Care for our infant within the Newborn Baby and Infant Care (up to 12 months old) forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Hi Mummies & Mother-to-be, I'm Joyce and just delivered my baby in October 2012. I as a mother of 1 ...

Female Attendant
    Red face Care for our infant

Hi Mummies & Mother-to-be,

I'm Joyce and just delivered my baby in October 2012.

I as a mother of 1 is always looking for skin care products and other alternative to treat my baby illness.

My baby has skin issue when she's 2 months old. Her skin was red and rough. I tried Avent and Gaia moisturer as well as tealeaves.

However, that does not help. Moreover, my baby has mucas and phlegm (liked all other babies). I became very worried and seeking for help.

At the same time, i had triggered thumb and aches on my wrist and shoulders. That was caused by carrying, changing diaper and feeding my baby.

Everytime I tried to bend my thumb, its hurts and I always teared. That moment is very scary as I have to care for my newborn.

When all this happen, I really felt helpless.

Then, my friend who was using Young Living Essential Oil (EO) gave me a bottle of Valor EO Roll-On to help with my thumb and wrist.

I did not used it until my husband keep pestering to me to use. I did not regret using it.

After 1 week, I can bend my thumb although its still a bit painful. But all my aches recovered. I was delighted.

Hence, I gave that friend a call to thank her and asked her for help on my baby skins and other issues.

She direct me to another friend to who is better with all this.

I was introduced to Myrrh EO, Eucalyptus Blue EO and vegetable oil (V6) which is a base oil. These oils are to blend and helps cure my baby's phlegm.

Mixing Lavender EO and V6 helps to heal her skin issues. It can also be used for diaper rashes.

Peppermint helps to clear her mucas.

All these is so new to me and I'm afraid to use it directly on my baby. And Young Living is a MLM program. So I was quite reluctant to join at first.

I thought about this for 1 week and discuss with my hubby.

Eventually, we meet for with this friend in the Young Living Office. She showed us the oils and brought along a book titled Gentle Babies.

In the book, it stated the usage and application of EO for different babies problem.

It also have testimonal of mummies using the EO on their babies and even giving birth.

I joined the club and never regret it. Because my baby skin is smooth now. No issue with diaper rashes when I did not change her diaper for 6 hours.

She still has issues with phlegm occassionally. But after applying the oils, she will puke out it herself. So I really glad as she need not go to the pediatrician to had it suck out. Because my friend brought her baby girl for this process, its painful and useless. Because the phlegm is still there.

Recently, my baby went for her 2nd jab and has fever. I used peppermint on her every 15-20mins. And this help to keep her fever down without taking Panadol.

Even my mum and granny is surprised to see her skin become so beautiful.

Now everyday, I uses EO for her skin and even to boost her immue system.

Mummies who are looking for alternatives or wanted to know more can email me at joycepng@gmail.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jaelyn.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	98312