Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

ear piercing clinic in toa payoh, ang mo kio, bishan area

This is a discussion on ear piercing clinic in toa payoh, ang mo kio, bishan area within the Newborn Baby and Infant Care (up to 12 months old) forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; My baby is 6 months old now. Is it safe to pierce her ears? Does anyone know any clinic in ...

Female Attendant

ear piercing clinic in toa payoh, ang mo kio, bishan area

My baby is 6 months old now. Is it safe to pierce her ears?
    Does anyone know any clinic in toa payoh, ang mo kio or bishan area that does ear piercing for baby?

Re: ear piercing clinic in toa payoh, ang mo kio, bishan area

i dont advise ear piercing for babies n kids so young.
    for babies, i dont see a need to pierce their ears. unless religion issues (but not that i know of).
    cos they r so young, n they might just pull their ears, rub against it hardly, n if you never treat it or look after it properly, it might lead to infection.

for me i will just wait til pin wants to have her ears pierced, even now, i will also wait til she is at least 5-6 yo.

Female Attendant

Hi Ting, thank you for the advice, I'll consider it.

Yeah, you r rite. The main reason that I didn't pierce my baby's ears was because I was afraid she might get infection. But, I heard if we do it when kid is older, it would be more painful

Female Attendant

hi littlecaramel, i agree to ting that baby so young.
    If they pierced too early, the ear lobe won't keep the same position ( mean middle ) after they grow up.

But if you wanna pierce to your baby, you must choose the safest way before piercing. There are many different systems or methods of ear piercing as hand piercing, instrument piercing...even if instrument piercing also have many types.

I have pierced a few times so i know a bit about ear piercing.Depends on my experience, ear piercing is easy to get infection if you dont't know how to choose the right product and take care after piercing.So you must select a professional shop to pierce.

I have visited a website recently.That's a name " Inverness Singapore" at facebook.That's created by a ear piercing advisor.She always share the knowledge and experience of piercing there.Maybe she will more professional in this area.

check properly before you go.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecaramel View Post
    My baby is 6 months old now. Is it safe to pierce her ears?
    Does anyone know any clinic in toa payoh, ang mo kio or bishan area that does ear piercing for baby?
    Hi, i had send my dotter for piercing when she is 1mth old together with circumsize at yishun Dr Zailan.. Now she is 7yrs old so far everitin is nicely intact and no out of shape so far... Only that i did not do for my 2nd gal who is now 5yrs old.. *REGRET* She have been asking for it but i am worried she cant take the pain.. May go to Dr Zailan again for the piercing..

Oohh your baby is 6mths i guess you have to wait for her to grow older a bit then.. For 1mth shud be ok cos all they do is cry and smile no much movement yet i mean they still using their safety gloves mahh.... heeheheheee...

Female Attendant

Hi Mama Ina, if you worry about the painful problem, you may take a look "Inverness Singapore" at the facebook. The piercing system is more gentle and sterile. All their staff had trained before providing services. They have a certificate in ear piercing. It shoule be your better choice.

It may less painful than other piercing system. Hope your 2nd gal enjoy her ear piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaTan View Post
    Hi Mama Ina, if you worry about the painful problem, you may take a look "Inverness Singapore" at the facebook. The piercing system is more gentle and sterile. All their staff had trained before providing services. They have a certificate in ear piercing. It shoule be your better choice.

It may less painful than other piercing system. Hope your 2nd gal enjoy her ear piercing.
    Hi, thanks for sharing.. May i know if there any other website which i can see it cos here in my company i can't go in to facebook.. It's been blocked.. I want to know about the price as my 2nd dotter keep pestering me for that..

Female Attendant

Hi,sorry for late reply. i have no idea in other website. It provides phone number to enquiry in the facebook profile. Maybe you can try it.

xue

My friend's niece had her ear pierce when she was 3mths old at a normal shop.. so far no infection..
    I also thought of bringing my girl to pierce her ear..but I am worried about the infection n all...

when i said lead to infection, i meant it as if you dont know how to take care of it properly.
    but of cos it is a personal choice.
    n uhhhh, i think, the pain thingy, doesnt matter what age they take, still the same lahs. even adults take also will feel pain what, its a matter of tolerance level.

Female Attendant

Ting, you are right. It's very important that take care of it properly after piercing. How could be painless when the stud go through your skin? so it may less painful, but hard to painless.

Xue, nobody can 100% guarantee to never get infection. We should choose the piercing product, professional piercer and understand that how to take care of it properly after piercing. Although we unable to control infection, but we can reduce the chance of getting infection. The problem of piercing at a normal shop is taking higher risk only. Especially the piercing gun and ear stud used by them is hygiene or not and their skill. You can compare which one more suitable for your girl before making decision.

xue

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaTan View Post
    Ting, you are right. It's very important that take care of it properly after piercing. How could be painless when the stud go through your skin? so it may less painful, but hard to painless.

Xue, nobody can 100% guarantee to never get infection. We should choose the piercing product, professional piercer and understand that how to take care of it properly after piercing. Although we unable to control infection, but we can reduce the chance of getting infection. The problem of piercing at a normal shop is taking higher risk only. Especially the piercing gun and ear stud used by them is hygiene or not and their skill. You can compare which one more suitable for your girl before making decision.
    hmmm..true..guess i have to look for professional piercer.. anyone can recommend arnd the east area?

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by xue View Post
    hmmm..true..guess i have to look for professional piercer.. anyone can recommend arnd the east area?
    Maybe you can try to call at 9668 6316. This number for ear piercing consultation. It provides a lot of proper information about ear piercing. you may get more from there.

Female Attendant

my gal had her ears pierce when she was 3 months. her baby sitter did it for her. its that type of kampong style... just used the ear rings to press it in directly. till now there's no infection. must use that type of ear rings with the rubber transparent studs. so it will not poke till her skin behind the ears.