Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Enfalac for newborn

This is a discussion on Enfalac for newborn within the Newborn Baby and Infant Care (up to 12 months old) forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; EnfaMama A+ is for mummy Enfapro A+is for after 6 mths baby Enfagrow A+ is for 1-3 yrs old toddler ...

Enfalac for newborn

EnfaMama A+ is for mummy
    Enfapro A+is for after 6 mths baby
    Enfagrow A+ is for 1-3 yrs old toddler
    Enfakid A+ is for 3-6 yrs old kid
    EnfaSchool A+ is for 6 yrs and above.

How about infant/newborn? can we get this in the mkt? i went to the website it is only for healthcare professional? so i need get them from clinics?

Any feedback on Enfa series? i heard not bad.
    Is this better or similac better?

Re: Enfalac for newborn

Quote Originally Posted by P4nic View Post
    EnfaMama A+ is for mummy

How about infant/newborn? can we get this in the mkt? i went to the website it is only for healthcare professional? so i need get them from clinics?

you can get it at any supermarkets. reason why they dont 'advertise' FM for infant below 6mths is becos WHO encourages Bf-ing for the 1st 6mths. Thus, no adv and no offer for stage 1 FM.

IMO, every FM is the same. all has the standard (minimun) nutrients that a baby needs. Most impt is the FM must suit your baby. the 'best'/ex or most nutrients FM doesnt mean might suit every babies.

BF if possible. If you intend to fully bf, pls DONT prepare any FM at hm to 'tempt' you.

Female Attendant

Actually I prepared formula as back up even though I intended to fully bf. I am glad I did that cos my breast milk took a while to come..then for the first few days my gal cry and cry, suck and suck nothing came out..the formula came in handy, at least my gal was fed and stopped crying else I think I will just cry with her..but eventually my breast milk was enough and I stop feeding her formula.

I think even when you are supplementing with formula, you shld continue pumping so that your body will register a demand and trigger continuous milk production.

Brand wise, Think all formulas are about the same..the only diff is the price..btw, the enfa series for below 6mths is enfalec. Occasionally there will be mummies trying to sell their formula due to over stock..can check out the tread

Imperial Concubine

EnfaMama A+ is for mummy

it is available in supermarket but more exp than similac...i also heard that it is good...so intend to request for this at the hospital too

ya i think i m gg to ask the hospital for some free samples too~

if i'm not wrong, there is no free samples for infant FM (under 6mth). correct me if i'm wrong =) but during the stay, if you need to give FM to the baby, of cos they will provide. i heard some mummies even bring hm those instant FM from the ward. as for those tins FM, i dont think have. =)

I'm using Enfalac A+ HA for my girl which is in the range for newborns - pediatrician recommended it when my baby had colic. It's available at major supermarkets - can try Giant or the larger NTUC. It is slightly more expensive than Similac / Nan etc.

Imperial Concubine

no no you got me wrong ...not sample but to feed the infant with enfa i am choosing this brand for the baby to start with since i doubt i can BF him the 1st few days due to C sect or lack of milk

Imperial Concubine

Actually I believe that as long as you keep stimulating your body by freq latching on there wld b supply. I had a c-section n I latch on my baby almost immediately. Your baby wld not b hungry immediately as what they have in reserves is sufficient for a day or 2. I'm not a soup lover so I have never drank any fish bone soup but am still total bfding till today.. Anyway then again if you r worried about supply not coming in you can always ask them to feed formula first. you can request for a few bottles of ready made bottles upoon discharge

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by candy_ian View Post
    Actually I believe that as long as you keep stimulating your body by freq latching on there wld b supply. I had a c-section n I latch on my baby almost immediately. Your baby wld not b hungry immediately as what they have in reserves is sufficient for a day or 2. I'm not a soup lover so I have never drank any fish bone soup but am still total bfding till today.. Anyway then again if you r worried about supply not coming in you can always ask them to feed formula first. you can request for a few bottles of ready made bottles upoon discharge
    you can latch almost immediately after C sect? did you opt for Epi ?? i going for GA so i dont think i will be sober enuff to latch that si why i will ask them to feed FM 1st and of course i will also request a few bottle upon discharge as well... the bottle are good for storing breast milk :P

Quote Originally Posted by PTB7476 View Post
    you can latch almost immediately after C sect? did you opt for Epi ?? i going for GA so i dont think i will be sober enuff to latch that si why i will ask them to feed FM 1st and of course i will also request a few bottle upon discharge as well... the bottle are good for storing breast milk :P
    haha i think depends on individual. i opted for GA too and i was pretty awake right after they woke me up. the nurses keep ask me to rest n sleep but i just feel awake. but when i asked them to bring baby to me they said he was in warmer =(

Imperial Concubine

Yup I underwent c section via epidural. After ga probably 3-4 hours later you wd b more alert n you can ask to feed your baby then.. They wldnt b hungry too immediately after delivery.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    haha i think depends on individual. i opted for GA too and i was pretty awake right after they woke me up. the nurses keep ask me to rest n sleep but i just feel awake. but when i asked them to bring baby to me they said he was in warmer =(
    will see how soon i will be awake

how long do they need to stay in the warmer ? hearsay at least 4hrs is it true ?

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by candy_ian View Post
    Yup I underwent c section via epidural. After ga probably 3-4 hours later you wd b more alert n you can ask to feed your baby then.. They wldnt b hungry too immediately after delivery.
    yah that's what i heard they wont be hungry but i worry i will be hungry cos no food for at least 8hrs before C sect

Imperial Concubine

Yup I was super hungry.. Anyway take some candies when you r hungry..

Quote Originally Posted by PTB7476 View Post
    yah that's what i heard they wont be hungry but i worry i will be hungry cos no food for at least 8hrs before C sect
    hmm try to schedule your c-sect in the early morning. mine was 8am so i fast from 12amonwards. i had my 'last' but fulling meal at 11.30pm. but due to pregnancy, i still keep feel hungry and my sickening hub ate chocolate pie in front of me in the morning and told me hw delicious it was!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAA!!!!

after c-sect usually no fod for that day. but my gynae let me eat as i said earlier, i was pretty alert and no sign of side effects..

if go for natural with epidural can eat before that?

if go for natural with epidural can eat before that?
    if natural birth, i suggest before you headdown to hospital, go have a meal 1st. =)

Female Attendant

Is enfalac a+ good for babies who have colics? my baby boy has colics..how was she doing after changing fm?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily88 View Post
    Is enfalac a+ good for babies who have colics? my baby boy has colics..how was she doing after changing fm?
    i dont think changing of FM helps. burp him after feeds, apply ruyi oil on his tummy. if his colic is very bad, bring him to a pediatrician =)

Worthy Lady

I have 4 tins enfalac a+ 900g for sale at $38/tin. can email me for detail! singapore source...exp 2012

milkmilksupply@yahoo.com.sg

Baby & Milk

Worthy Lady

Re: Enfalac HA for newborn

Hi I have 7 tins Enfalac HA 900gfor sale you keen to get? $42.50/tin. exp late 2012. 900g made in Netherlands. collection at sembawang, clementi west or jurong west. please PM to deal fast.

Female Attendant

Is there 2 types of enfalac?? What diff between enfalac A+ & enfalac HA??