Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Experience with Nestle Lactogen

This is a discussion on Experience with Nestle Lactogen within the Newborn Baby and Infant Care (up to 12 months old) forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Hi, I've got an 8mth old boy and I'm thinking of switching him to another formula. He's currently on Nan ...

Female Attendant

Question Experience with Nestle Lactogen

Hi,

I've got an 8mth old boy and I'm thinking of switching him to another formula. He's currently on Nan Pro 2 but he's drinking a lot and it's getting a little too expensive to stay on the same formula. I'm considering Nestle Lactogen as it's significantly cheaper than Nan Pro and I've read that it's consistency is light, which I guess is similar to Nan.

Would appreciate if anyone can comment on the following:-
    1. With switching of formula, is it common for babies to have constipation? My boy had bad constipation right from the beginning, that's the reason why we are stuck with Nan (initially Nan HA as recommended by Paediatrician)
    2. Has anyone had any problems with Nestle Lactogen? I know reactions to formula is very individual but just want to know....
    3. Is Nestle Lactogen very much inferior than the other brands?

Thanks

Female Attendant

Re: Experience with Nestle Lactogen

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnowl View Post
    Hi,

I've got an 8mth old boy and I'm thinking of switching him to another formula. He's currently on Nan Pro 2 but he's drinking a lot and it's getting a little too expensive to stay on the same formula. I'm considering Nestle Lactogen as it's significantly cheaper than Nan Pro and I've read that it's consistency is light, which I guess is similar to Nan.

Would appreciate if anyone can comment on the following:-
    1. With switching of formula, is it common for babies to have constipation? My boy had bad constipation right from the beginning, that's the reason why we are stuck with Nan (initially Nan HA as recommended by Paediatrician)
    2. Has anyone had any problems with Nestle Lactogen? I know reactions to formula is very individual but just want to know....
    3. Is Nestle Lactogen very much inferior than the other brands?

Thanks

Hi.. When my son 1 month old.. we gave him lactogen.. But he's having phlegm... And at 2 months old.. his phlegm gotten worse.. And we have to see doctor twice... And now he's 3 months old.. we change to Nan1.. And his appetite getting betta... Lactogen is like soy milk.. I think coz i smell the powder... Hehehe

Worthy Lady

Re: Experience with Nestle Lactogen

my sis in law's baby is 3 months old n has been using lactogen after a disappointment with dumex dulac.. n no complain from her before.. no problem with her baby's pooing and growing.. can say she is growing very well..