1) i intend to let baby sleep on cotbed had purchased 1 bedding set from aussino which include bumper , fitted sheet, comforter, pillow and bloster. i intend to use oni e fitted sheet and bumper as i undstd newborn under 1yr old do not need pillow and comforter rite but is it a good idea to lay a pillow or bloster beside her and a beanpillow across her chest ( this i what old folks used to do )?
bean pillow is okay cos it gives bbs a sense of security. The bumper is not really necessory for nb cos they can't flip anyway. You may want to be careful with the use of bumpers cos some bbs may get their faces trapped in it if they are not strong enuf to turn away.
try not to put anything else near your baby's face to prevent suffocation.
2) had invested in a babysafe mattress shld i lay e comforter over e mattress and let baby sleep on ?
3) in refernce to q2 if a comforter is not needed can i lay a changing mat instead to prevent any leak if not baby leak will kana e mattress rite? that means i will lay e changing mat over mattress and then baby on top will it b ok unstd that it will b hot so i bought those plastic changing mat instd o e rubber kind. but e plastic 1 will still give out some kind o smell ok to put baby on top to sleep
a comforter would be too warm in singapore's weather, especially if your baby's not going to sleep in an aircon room.
Overheating may cause Sudden infant death syndrome.
4) done my homework and realised that most pampers brands like mamypoko, pet pet etc do not have have any newborn size ( mayb i,m not thorough enuff) as all i c is only small size e only 1 i saw avail in newborn size is HUggies newborn. will my newborn b able to fit in small size say if i get mamypoko?
dear girl, you need to check the diaper shelves more thoroughly.
Most brands (Pampers, drypers, mamy poko etc) have nb sizes, it may be that nb sizes are sold out very quickly. It's good to get nb sizes, unless you know that your baby is going to be real big, like 4kg or more.
nb sizes are for nb up to the weight of 5kg, and s size is usually from 5-7 or 8 kg.
6) is breast pad a must to get ? intend to bf but not sure got milk a not so is breast pad a must to get it before due and brin to hospital cse undstd that breast milk will come like 3-4daes after delivery? if its a must get item what brand is good and those adhesive ones are better right ( mothercare carries murela brand but not adhesive types)[/quote]
pigeon is not bad. it's not a must to get breast pads but it's good to get if you intend to bf. the adhesive ones are disposable, while the reusable ones do not have adhesives. It's a matter of preference, tho the reusable ones will be more cost effective if you bf for a long time.
you will def have milk as long as you latch baby properly and regularly. Do read up on bfing, and keep bugging the nurses and lact consultants for help after your delivery. If you really, really want to bf, then tell the nurses so and make a big 'total bfing' sign and stick to your baby's bassinet.
Have a good night's rest!