Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How often can we give baby egg yolk? Everday?

This is a discussion on How often can we give baby egg yolk? Everday? within the Newborn Baby and Infant Care (up to 12 months old) forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Any Mummies can advise how often can i give my 8 months old baby egg yolk? Is it ok to ...

How often can we give baby egg yolk? Everday?

Any Mummies can advise how often can i give my 8 months old baby egg yolk? Is it ok to give egg yolk everyday?

Re: How often can we give baby egg yolk? Everday?

Quote Originally Posted by shulyn View Post
    Any Mummies can advise how often can i give my 8 months old baby egg yolk? Is it ok to give egg yolk everyday?
    Egg yolk contains great nutrients for your baby and it can be given daily. But as they grow older, the intake have to be reduced. If I never rem wrongly, they can take up to 2 years of age.
    Last edited by autumn82; 16-09-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Worthy Lady

wow! that's great! i can start giving egg yolk to my dear son then. now he's approaching 9 mths but still on all vege porridge...

Quote Originally Posted by LynetteLoh View Post
    wow! that's great! i can start giving egg yolk to my dear son then. now he's approaching 9 mths but still on all vege porridge...
    Can try to introduce fish & a bit of meat to the porridge already.. Gonna get interesting soon..

Worthy Lady

hi autumn, for meat right, how to feed ? fish can flake and mash... coz soft.. but chicken is hard... so do you blend? or tear it up like "ji si"?

lol.. when you say gonna get interesting it sounds to me like it's gonna get challenging.. wahahaha!!!

you need to minced the chicken.. i use my blender to mince it before i cook it

Worthy Lady

thanks annie.. then after that your dear daughter can chew? my dear son got no teeth yet .. he's already 9 mths... after you cook the porridge can still see the chicken bits right?

hi autumn, for meat right, how to feed ? fish can flake and mash... coz soft.. but chicken is hard... so do you blend? or tear it up like "ji si"?

lol.. when you say gonna get interesting it sounds to me like it's gonna get challenging.. wahahaha!!!
    Yeah, like what annie said. Minced up the meat before cook. For myself, after mincing up the meat, I still blend again after cook..

Yeah.. Can try out alot of different food so more interesting..

thanks annie.. then after that your dear daughter can chew? my dear son got no teeth yet .. he's already 9 mths... after you cook the porridge can still see the chicken bits right?
    Iggy also 9mths+ then 2 teeth. That's y I blend it before cook and after cook....

i think got teeth or not dosent matter cos their teeth only in front.. they wont be using the teeth in front to bite porridge isnt it? most of the time they uses their gums to gum food n sometimes they simply swallow.. so as long as the chicken bits not so big till will choke them then its ok imo. my girl simply swallows her porridge . she has 8teeth now though..i gave her chicken when she was 8mths

Shulyn, babies can eat egg yolk every day! Alicia used to have them every day until she got bored... haha...

Anyway, Lynette, you can cook the chicken then puree it or just add a bit of warm water to raw minced chicken, mix well till there are no lumps then pour into the porridge that's still cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    Shulyn, babies can eat egg yolk every day! Alicia used to have them every day until she got bored... haha...

Anyway, Lynette, you can cook the chicken then puree it or just add a bit of warm water to raw minced chicken, mix well till there are no lumps then pour into the porridge that's still cooking.
    Thanks all mummies for sharing

Snowbear - I read from the Super Baby Food and it says egg yolk contains fats which baby need it but didnt mention how often we can give...

Can i ask you, Chicken is one of the poultry that will cause allergy right? My boy is 8 months 1 week old now and we havent introduce Chicken yet. Wonder when can i start??

I dont't give everyday and only increase the portion bit by bit. Anyway, he take fish, pork & veg every week

chicken? i thought fish is more of an allergent? i started my girl with chicken first at 8mth then fish at 9mths..

Thanks all mummies for sharing

Snowbear - I read from the Super Baby Food and it says egg yolk contains fats which baby need it but didnt mention how often we can give...

Can i ask you, Chicken is one of the poultry that will cause allergy right? My boy is 8 months 1 week old now and we havent introduce Chicken yet. Wonder when can i start??
    I read in another book called First Foods (written by a group of nutritionists - I've put a pic of that book on my blog: you can chk it out - it's a book that's more Asian-based) that it's ok to give egg yolk every day (and in fact it's good for them)!

It's ok to start chicken and pork at 8 months.

think differnt country has differnet views on what food to give baby.. chinese give baby fish quite early but those ang mo websites say to give only after 8mths.. japanese give as early as 5-6mths as well... but then japanese books says to give only chicken n fish at 5-6mths n pork only after 1yr old cos of the fat content that pork has n baby might not be able to digest them well before 1yr old. i always play safe so i follow the latest introduction date no matter its ang mo or japanese version hee. thus i gave fish n chicken after 8mths(as per ang mo sites n books) n then pork i shall wait till after she is 1yr old...beef is ok after 9mths though i have not intro her beef yet...

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    I read in another book called First Foods (written by a group of nutritionists - I've put a pic of that book on my blog: you can chk it out - it's a book that's more Asian-based) that it's ok to give egg yolk every day (and in fact it's good for them)!

It's ok to start chicken and pork at 8 months.
    Hi Snowbear,

Did you gv whole egg yolk or 1/2?? Coz my mother in law said can only gv "LITTLE BIT", bt she never said how little haha...
    My Boy is 6mths++ now

Maybe give little bit to test whether baby is allergic?

My baby is allergic to even egg yolk. He's also allergic to chicken and carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by diymummy View Post
    Maybe give little bit to test whether baby is allergic?

My baby is allergic to even egg yolk. He's also allergic to chicken and carrots.
    Agree with diymummy, test if baby is allergy to egg yolk 1st (try for 4 days, abit at a time), if clear then the next time, you can use 1 whole egg yolk.

Female Attendant

thanks diymummy and autumn82,

ok... maybe i start with 2 feeding sp (baby's feeding spoon)
    Other than body rashes, are there any other symptoms to look out for allergy??

Hmmm... for my boy he got rashes... And after the chicken, he got a cough... The cough I'm not sure is from the allergy or from the infant care actually. Haha. But the pediatrician said to stop the chicken.

Think most obvious signs are rashes.

Quote Originally Posted by diymummy View Post
    Hmmm... for my boy he got rashes... And after the chicken, he got a cough... The cough I'm not sure is from the allergy or from the infant care actually. Haha. But the pediatrician said to stop the chicken.

Think most obvious signs are rashes.
    Rashes and any swollen parts.. I recall seeing a little boy w swollen lips (stephen chow's movie, the sausage lips type!!) at Kandang Kerbau Hospital A&E. He ate something which he was allergic to. Funny but poor thing.. Around 5-6yr old.

Worthy Lady

hmm, i did ask pediatrician the same question. she told me that egg yolk to be given when baby turns 9 months old and egg white to be given when baby turns 1 year old.

not snowbear but i remember her saying that she gives egg yolk only till her girl was near to 1 yr old then she try giving egg white a little to test for allergy cos she intend to buy her a bday cake n bday cakes sure includes whole eggs.. she wanna be safe that her girl can eat the bday cake thus she tested the white slightly before she turn 1.. but then her girl dosent seem to like egg white even till now this mostly she still gives egg yolk even now.

for me, my girl loves eggs so i often give her eggs. either omelette, fried egg or hard boiled eggs. she eats the egg white as finger food n she loves it

Imperial Concubine

can give the egg yolk when baby's 8 to 9 months. I gave dear daughter when she was 8 months cos i wanted to add in more iron to her diet.

for the egg yolk, best to give after 1.

The guidelines for adult is about 3 eggs a week, but there are no clear guidelines for bbs.

bbs can tolerate more cholesterol than adults.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast