1. She tends to drink more between midnight and dawn, is that normal and how can I make it a routine for her drinking pattern, especially at night?
yes it's pretty normal. dear son was lik that too.. they will slowly adjust their own when they reach about 3-4mths old. i didnt do anything to adjust, just let my boy adjust on his own =)
2. How would I know if she has enough of milk as my wife is BFing at the moment? Is falling asleep the cue?
if she didnt fuss and cry, 'asking' for more milk, means she had enough of it =)
3. I understand for newborn that they do not need drinking water until 6 months and above, is that correct?
YES you're right, they DONT need any water before 6mths old. i started dear son with a few sips of water when he was 5.5mths old cos he started semi-solid food at 5.5mth old.
4. Is it ok to top up with formula milk now if we realize that she isn't having enough?
you mean give FM after breast milk? yes it's alright to do so. but if possible, ask your wife to latch baby more =)
5. At the moment, we are using the Philips AVENT Single Electronic Breast Pump but there isn't much milk collected. Is it due to the fact that my wife is only into her 5th day or the collection method is wrong?
no, no pro with the pump, or pumping. it's just the e 5th day only. i rmb my breast milk actually came in around dear son 5day old. some ppl later, 7days then got abit breast milk. as time goes by, her breast milk will get more. dont wry =)
6. Just heard from the confinement nanny that my baby girl has been frightened and she recommended Chinese herbs to stabilize her, what is good and not?
Would appreciate any informative answers.
pls do NOT give your baby anything, any medi, be it chi or what. she is only 5day old! those chi medi, i asked from yu ren seng before, and 1 of the staff told me actually the 'earliest' to start is about 1mth old. but i feel that no matter what kind of medi you wanna give your baby, better ask your pediatrician 1st. =)