Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

TS4 reading in newborn baby gal

This is a discussion on TS4 reading in newborn baby gal within the Newborn Baby and Infant Care (up to 12 months old) forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Hi mummies, my gal was born last mon. Just came back from check by the pediatrician and was told that ...

Angry TS4 reading in newborn baby gal

Hi mummies,

my gal was born last mon. Just came back from check by the pediatrician and was told that her ts4 reading is on the high side. It is indicated in the report that her reading is above the normal range, but the pediatrician in the hospital didn't explain to us and said everythg is normal somy gal can be discharged.

She also didn't have jaundice while she was still in the hospital though she did a jaundice test before she was certified fit to go home w/o jaundic. The doc cautioned us that jaunice in new born may appear a few days later which happened for my baby's case.

the pediatrician we seen just now went thru the report with us then we realized her ts4 reading is beyond normal range.. It is very worrying for us as she might need to be warded for jaundice and we are more worrying for her above normal range ts4 reading

Does anyone experienced similar experience ? Is the ts4 reading a cause for alarm and worry?
    Will it affect her as she grows? My Hubby family's side has history of throid prob and my hubby's ts4 reading is also on the higher range..

Pls share with me any advice..
    Thanks alot!!
    Last edited by iwan2noe; 23-01-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Re: TS4 reading in newborn baby gal

Hi iwan2noe,

Congrats on the arrival of your baby.

Are you able to call back the pediatrician to ask him to explain more about the TS4 reading? Where did you deliver?

Did the pediatrician ask you to go back to his clinic a few days after to monitor the jaundice level?

After I was discharged with my baby, 1 or 2 days later I went back to my pediatrician for him to check my boy's jaundice level and to take his weight. Then he would give us more details as what to look out for for my boy.