1. What is the main purpose of sending them for classes? Occupy time? Learn academic skills? Learn soft-skills? Socialise? Build up fitness?
2. What is your budget?
3. How far are you willing to travel for their classes?
Based on the above, you'll figure something out as you do more research.
My 3yo boy attends:
1. Private phonics/reading and Maths lessons
2. Private Chinese lessons
3. Chinese lessons at language school
4. Swimming, twice a week
5. Private art lessons
6. Soon to start: Soccer
7. Taught at home: Music (guzheng), 3G abacus (I'm a qualified instructor) and rollerblading/cycling
He loves all his classes and activities. Always looking forward to the classes and always asking for more.
Previously he was at Tumble Tots (phonics & gym) which he loved tremendously but we stopped because they shifted elsewhere (too inconvenient for us). We stopped in June 2010 and till now, he is still asking us to bring him to that. That is how much fun he had!
BTW, private lessons means the teacher comes to our place for individual lessons.