Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

kiddy academy simei

This is a discussion on kiddy academy simei within the Toddlers and Preschoolers (1-5 years old) forum, part of the Singapore Kiasu Parents Forum category; my baby just left kiddy academy in feb2011. the infant care teacher angie force my baby to take pacifier, the ...

Female Attendant
    kiddy academy simei

my baby just left kiddy academy in feb2011. the infant care teacher angie force my baby to take pacifier, the school bought a pacifier specially for him. when i saw him sleeping with the pacifier, the teacher said that he took it from his friend in the playpen next to him & play with it... until he put it into him mouth & fell asleep with it. how believable is this. all these happening without telling us for 6 months. no wonder he keep crying at night at home. all because he wants his drug - the pacifier!
    if you give someone drugs & he doesn't take it, but you keep forcing it on him & he has no choice but to take it, then he has to keep taking it. this is the same situation as giving a pacifier to a baby who does not know anything.
    & if he really took it from his baby friend & put into his mouth, what is there to say about the hygiene.
    oh & he doesn't put things into his mouth, even food ... so here lies the problem with the explanation that the teacher angie gave.
    i asked the school for to explain the matter but no reply from them for the whole 1 month notice period that my baby was still there, everyone pretended nothing happen.

Imperial Concubine
    Re: kiddy academy simei

actually, i feel in infant care, no one really knows how they treat the children there... the children are put to a schedule that fit to their timing. My mother in law works in infant care so she told me stories. For example, if the child did not want to sleep, the teacher will forcefully put her down and try to pat her to sleep despite her crying loudly to protest. In the end she did not return to the centre as she cried till she got sick. Not sure whether it is related.

and my son feed very often as he drinks very little each time. so patience is required to actually be there and feed him throughout the whole day. then my mother in law said that if he is in infant care, he probably needs to wait for his next feed if he can't finish what he is suppose to drink even if he is hungry...

that's y, all my relatives said that having own family members to take care is the best. i feel very blessed to have my mother in law to take care of him. i can go out without worrying.

hope you can solve your son's problem!