Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

My son still cant take egg...why???

This is a discussion on My son still cant take egg...why??? within the Toddlers and Preschoolers (1-5 years old) forum, part of the Singapore Kiasu Parents Forum category; Dear mumies, I am having problem with my dear son who is 15mnth +. since young i am trying to ...

Choa chu kang drive
    Question My son still cant take egg...why???

Dear mumies,
    I am having problem with my dear son who is 15mnth +. since young i am trying to give him egg but everytime failed. today i gave him half boiled egg thinking tht he is big now and rdy to take tht but i was wrong. he vomited immidiately and his face was little red. before doctor adviced me not to try half boiled egg till he turns 1 year old. but now he is more than that so why cant he take tht? is the egg too strong for him?

how about your baby??? PLS share your stories and seeking advice frm you...

Imperial Concubine
    Re: My son still cant take egg...why???

Have you tried hard boiled egg? I personally dont't like the idea of giving my son anything that's not 100% cooked especially eggs which may contain bacteria when not totally cooked

Re: My son still cant take egg...why???

My son also had an egg allergy which he only out grew at around 18 months.

Always start with egg yolk and then with egg white. Make sure your egg is fully cooked to prevent bacterial contamination and some bacteria can be harmful, such as salmonella. You can either steam it or serve it hard boiled or fry it as an omellete.

You can start with half a egg yolk instead of the entire yolk to test if he is still allergic to it. I suggest you try once every month though I personally tried once every two months.

Also, have you spoken to your child's doctor about this? You can request an anti-histamine from the doctor when the allergy flares up.

Egg is a common food allergen. Hence it is adviced to start with egg yolk first followed by the introduction of egg white after 1 year of age. The egg is not too strong. It's just that the body is unable to adapt to it yet. Hopefully, your child will outgrow the allergy.