Things I asked/take notice:
- Principal: caring or not, knows her stuff or not, close to the children or not
- Menu: how often do they change the menu, food suitable for kids or not, would you wanna feed those food to your kid
- teacher-student ratio: how big is the class? how many trained teachers do they have for that class? any helpers?
- classroom: does it look comfy? any dangerous equipment/furniture? is it clean and bright?
- Aircon: do you prefer a/c or no a/c? i personally prefer no a/c
- timetable/activities: what activities do they have? would you agree with the activities? some CCs got bring the kids for walk like my son's CC which i tink is good. but some parents dont like it, so it's up to you
- communications: do they bring home their work on weekly basis for parents to see? will they give you a progress report on what he learnt or did? my son's CC gives detailed report plus photos of them in class. and they have a notebook for parents if they need to inform the parents about some activities, etc.
there's still more to ask, but the above is the basics you should be looking out for