Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

This is a discussion on Kumon within the Primary School Registration and Academic forum, part of the Singapore Kiasu Parents Forum category; Hi, has anyone tried Kumon? I thought of enrolling my girl who is turning P1 next year. She is poor ...

Female Attendant
    chua chu kang

Hi, has anyone tried Kumon? I thought of enrolling my girl who is turning P1 next year. She is poor in maths, so I wonder if kumon lessons could help. My worry is that it might not be able to motivate her since there is no tutor and she doesn't like maths.

Female Attendant
    Ang Mo Kio Ave 4
    Re: Kumon

I register my 5 yr old girl in Kumon on 17 Aug 10. I've decided Kumon due to her poor attention in group clsss. I found out that she always likes to talk to other children site next to her (I peep her through door or window during Art class, English class & Chinese lesson.)

Although Kumon does not have tutor, but they dont't allow students talk during the class too. My girl told me she went to the class & starts her math worksheet not even look around as it was always silent there.

I believe practice makes perfect for maths. Her math has seems to improve now and I am happy with her result. Her class is every Tuesday & Friday 8pm to 8:45pm.

Hope this help you.

Female Attendant
    Los Angeles
    Re: Kumon

My child has been using Kumon for a while. We liked it at the beginning. It helped my child in math calculation skills. But over time, the benefit is no longer that visible and we feel more pressure on its monthly bills. Then we accepted the advice from our neighbor, and started to do the worksheets on Beestar (Beestar.org - Math and Reading for Kids). To my surprise, she loves the 10 quick questions very much and it really helps kids thinking. Plus, I also dontít have to drive her to kumon. Maybe you also can have a try.