This is a discussion on Avent bottles within the General Parenting Discussion forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Are there any other bottle brands that can be used with the Avent bottles? Currently, my son is using the ...
Are there any other bottle brands that can be used with the Avent bottles?
Currently, my son is using the small Avent bottle with size 4 teat to drink water and my newborn daughter is using the same sized bottle but with a size 1 teat for EBM and formula feeds. Problem is, they all look exactly the same and we keep getting them mixed up. I remembered I once saw a fisher-price milk bottle at toys'r'us which seemed to be of similar width. (I can't seem to find it online though...) That one has teats and bottles in different colours. Has anyone tried that or used that? Is it compatible with the Avent one?
My son can drink from a cup actually. BUT, he drink a bit then pour the rest everywhere and play with the water. Doesn't matter what bottle or cup we give to him, he just loves to play with the water inside. (I've got a bottle with straw, a sippy cup and a regular kiddy cup. All yield same result: drink 5%, pour out the other 95% and play.) Then later make until the floor wet, wet and slip and fall; or his whole shirt will be drenched. So far, the milk bottle has the least amount of spillage as it takes a lot of shaking before he can get much water out, by which time we would have noticed it and taken it away from him.
The difference in the different sizes for Avent teats lies in the the no. of holes on the teat.
Are you looking to change the teats or change the bottle? If not changing, then better to store separately in different containers.