true case ar...so scary...
This is a discussion on Beware - All Places with ball pits. within the General Parenting Discussion forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Received this, just want to share and any parents got bad experience? Please share.. where to avoid? Not sure if this ...
Received this, just want to share and any parents got bad experience? Please share.. where to avoid?
Not sure if this will happen in Singapore...but better to be aware of it
dont'T IGNORE THIS , PLEASE READ!!
This could happen to your child
McDonalds, Ikea, Go Banannas, Discovery Zone... All places with ball
in the children's play area.
One of my sons lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in
balls, trying to find his watch. Instead, we found vomit, food, faeces,
other stuff I do not want to discuss. I went to the manager and raised
hell. Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month.
I have doubts that it is even done that often. My kids will never play
another ball pit. Some of you might not be parents, but you may have
nieces, nephews, grandchildren, or friends with children.
Hi. My name is Lauren Archer. On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son
to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday. After he finished lunch, I allowed
to play in the ball pit.
When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed
the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mummy, it hurts." I couldn't
anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and
was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock. Upon
investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under
I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon he
vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled back into his head. From
we went to the emergency room. He died later that night. It turned out
the welt on his Buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had
The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The
week, The police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was rotten
food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used; knives,
lollies, nappies, faeces, and the stench of urine. (You can find the
article on Kevin Archer in the October 10,1999 issue of the Midland
dont't think it's just McDonald's either. A little boy had been playing
ball pit @ a Hungry Jacks & started complaining of his legs hurting. He
later died too. He was found to have snake bites all over his legs &
buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they found that there was a
copperhead's nest in the ball pit. He had suffered numerous bites from a
very poisonous snake.
Repost this if it scares the crap out of you!! Repost this if you care
about kids!! Please forward this to all loving mothers, fathers and
who loves and cares for children!! What has this world come to??
If a child is not safe in a child's play area then where??
true case ar...so scary...
no no for my kids~~ never ..
Those cases were not reported in Singapore.. but think i will not let my boi to such place from now on.. think of it, quite true.. how often they would clean the ball pits... Ikea?Zoo?