1. Are enrichment classes such as Chinese Language, Computers, Phonics etc. necessary?
Necessary, no. Good to know and have if parents can afford, yes.
2. In what ways does these classes help your kids?
More sociable. My boy is still very young. Major impacts not obvious yet.
3. Is there a need to have these enrichment classes?
Need = Necessary = NO
Need = Good to have = YES
4. What is the appropriate age group to attend enrichment classes.
There are many different types of enrichment for different age ranges. Pick the one suitable for your kid's age range.
5. Do think these kids are leading a stressful life going for various enrichment classes?
Depends on how the lesson is carried out and how much the parents emphasis. If it is 'for fun' and 'good to know', it can be very fun for the kids and they may look forward to it. If it becomes a 'must go' and 'must finish this and that' then it will kill the joy the kids have.
6. What's your views about the S'pore current education system for the younger generations?
Current education is too cramped with abit of everything. Jack of all trades, master of none.
7. Is there any other ways to enhance their learning capabilities rather than attending lots of enrichment classes.
Through guided play and physical activites.
8. Do you think we are in a society whereby we are just the typical Singaporean parents where we just put our children in every enrichment classes that are available?
YES! Because parents do not have the time and effort to teach their own children, so no choice pay for others to help them teach.