This is a interest check for an MO for authentic German toys. If there is a significant interest, I will start a MO thread on the bulk purchase forum.

I am looking around for some good toys/games for my boy and I to play and have fun together. Sad to say, the toy selections in Singapore are either too boring for adults to play or too expensive to get. Oh I also want to get my son off his iphone/ipad "addiction".

Recently, I happened to meet a wholesaler from Germany who introduced me to some German toys and I was really intrigued by them. They looked really creative and fun (even for adults), and made from quality materials.

Price-wise, I believe would slightly be on the high side (maybe $50-$70, depending on which toy), since will be shipping from Germany, but I think it should be reasonable considering the quality. And frankly, in Singapore, $70 cannot get you a really fun toy/game (maybe other than Lego).

Here are 3 of the games I am thinking

The Magic Labyrinth (Winner of Spiel des Jahres 2009 - Children)
Magic Labyrinth Review - with the Chief - YouTube

Loopin' Louie (Winner of Spiel des Jahres 1994 - Children)
Loopin' Louie Ad (1993) - YouTube

Chicken Cha Cha Cha (Winner of Spiel des Jahres 1998 - Children)
Chicken Cha Cha Cha Review - with the Chief - YouTube

You can see the rest of the winners of Spiel des Jahres here.
Spiel des Jahres - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me know what you think. If you are interested in any other games from the Wiki list, let me know as well.