Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thermal food jar

This is a discussion on Thermal food jar within the General Parenting Discussion forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Originally Posted by faith Hi mummies, Thks 4 all the advices & comments. Can someone advise whether the food can ...

Re: Thermal food jar

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    Hi mummies,

Thks 4 all the advices & comments. Can someone advise whether the food can b fed directly fm thermo foogo food jar? that means dont have 2 pour out before feeding..understand that tiger food jar needs 2 pour out the food before feeding. And tiger food jar more bulky too. Is thermo food jar bulky?
    usually i will scoop out, use a tablespn to scoop out 2 tablespoon each time. cos i'm afriad dear son will reject the porridge and if feed directly the porridge inside the jag will contain saliva and most imptly, i'm afriad it will be too hot for hjim, so just scoop abit out at a time =)

im using zojirushi bento set but it dosent do a good job at keeping porridge warm.. even after 2-3hrs i open it, its not very warm already...not cold but i wont consider it warm...

i feed direct from the jar
    Last edited by annie; 22-04-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Consort-in-Ordinary

I dont't pour out cos my son finished the entire portion at 1 go. So just scoop and feed.

Female Attendant

Hi mummies

Back to this topic again.

Ive just bought the lunch jar, but I wanted to ask, can we use those normal detergent to wash the stainless steel container that is used to contain the rice/porridge? TIA.

Hi Gumi,

Yes.. I use the normal soap detergent. You want to play safe, you use the baby dishwashing detergent. Then air dry before closing back to keep

Female Attendant

Hi diymummy

Thanks so much for your reply .

Quote Originally Posted by Gumi View Post
    Hi mummies

Back to this topic again.

Ive just bought the lunch jar, but I wanted to ask, can we use those normal detergent to wash the stainless steel container that is used to contain the rice/porridge? TIA.
    can, no pro at all. but try not to use the rough side of the sponge to 'scrub' the container, use the 'smooth' side in order not to 'spoil' it =)

Female Attendant

Ya, thanks apollo mummy

Hello,

I have this zojirushi lunch jar, but only the main jar can keep food warm and the other 2 side containers cannot.

If I were to store rice in the main jar, my dishes store in the side containers will definitely turn cold.

Anyone has something similar and what food do you normally pack inside for your kids??

thanks!

i have exactly what you have! lol. also in the same colour.. i dont really like it as even the thermal container dosent really keep the food warm imo.. does it work for you? it does keep my food from getting cold so soon but then even after 2-3hrs, i open the jar.. the food inside is already almost room temp...a bit dissappointed with it. i had sent it back for service and they sent me a new one but still the same problem..

for me, i cook her porridge with ingredients together so i just put all into the thermal container. i dont use the other 2 small tupperware at all. sometimes i just put her snacks (cookies etc) inside..if i cook rice then i will pre mix the ingredients into the rice n put inside.. i dont really use it nowadays as she is already taking outside food.. so when we are out, she will just eat what we eat there.

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    i have exactly what you have! lol. also in the same colour.. i dont really like it as even the thermal container dosent really keep the food warm imo.. does it work for you? it does keep my food from getting cold so soon but then even after 2-3hrs, i open the jar.. the food inside is already almost room temp...a bit dissappointed with it. i had sent it back for service and they sent me a new one but still the same problem..

for me, i cook her porridge with ingredients together so i just put all into the thermal container. i dont use the other 2 small tupperware at all. sometimes i just put her snacks (cookies etc) inside..if i cook rice then i will pre mix the ingredients into the rice n put inside.. i dont really use it nowadays as she is already taking outside food.. so when we are out, she will just eat what we eat there.
    Ya.. when I store porridge and open it to feed my girl after 3+ hours, the porridge is just luke warm and not hot anymore.
    I also seldom use the 2 small containers, same as you, sometimes I use it to store her snacks (cookies). Seems that this lunch jar is not very useful.

may i know how old is your girl?

yeah.. i have friends using tiger and they say even after 5hrs or so, when they open, there is steam coming out! thus im a bit dissappointed when i got this... my girl is now 18.5mths (see my ticker below) hee

Consort-in-Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    yeah.. i have friends using tiger and they say even after 5hrs or so, when they open, there is steam coming out! thus im a bit dissappointed when i got this... my girl is now 18.5mths (see my ticker below) hee
    Actually I find this one is not meant for keeping food warm. My ex boss who is a Jap brought something like this everyday for his lunch but it always looked like cold food.

There's another type that has its compartments contained within a thermal flask type. That one is better at keeping food warm, something like below. Mine is the Zojirushi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sljae1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	29340  
    Last edited by camom; 14-05-2010 at 07:45 AM.

ya i think the bento is for Japanese who likes to eat cold food (sushi, soba, etc). So the lunch jar is good for them.
    But for us, as we prefer hot food, this is perhaps not very useful.
    I bought it because it looks nice. :P

For the 3-tier, yes, they can keep the food hot inside as all containers are in the thermal jar.

yea i bought it also cos it looks pretty whahahaa. BUT useless!

Female Attendant

I have Thermos Lunch Jar, 99% new. Seal has been opened, that's why. Retail price $66, selling at $45. Please quote 'mummysg' if you want further discount. Contact ayrineta@gmail.com for details.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2