think the only solution is the parent need to harden their heart and let her cry soon she will realised crying is no use anymore
Wed, Jul 21, 2010
The New Paper
How to cope with a crying baby
by CHAI HUNG YIN
1. Meet basic needs.
Feed, burp, change diaper and ensure baby is comfortable physically and emotionally.
2. Walk away.
Leave the baby in a safe place such as a baby cot and leave the room. It is normal for an infant to spend a total of 2 to 3 hours a day crying.
3. Call a friend, relative or neighbour you can trust to take over.
4. Count to 10.
Calm down and do something that can get your mind off the crying.
5. Hold the baby against your chest and massage the baby gently.
Sing or talk to the baby in soothing tones.
6. Take the baby out for a walk in a stroller or a ride in the car.
7. Lower surrounding noise and lights.
Offer a pacifier, shake or rattle a toy to get the baby’s attention.
8. Call your paediatrician or family doctor if you suspect the baby is