you can start getting milk bottles, diapers, decide if put baby in cot or sarong...etc.
Anyway a quick list for you here to share (based on what i bou last time)
List of items to buy for newborn baby
1. Milk bottle - Avent - get 1 or 2 and some teets for replacement (one for milk one for plain water) Also depends if yr wife gonna breastfeed...if yes no need to get two bottles. Also standby a breast pump.
2. baby clothes, get more 3m + 6m clothings coz they outgrew very fast. Get 1 or 2 pcs of newborn clothings will do. If you have friends get fr them old clothings even beta.
3. Rem to get some baby mittens, booties...
4. also pyjamas can get older ones, ie 6m onwards.. bigger also more comfy to sleep in.
5. baby blanket for swaddling
6. Newborn diapers
7. Newborn caps/hats dont know wats the exact word..
8. Thermos Flask - for making formula milk when outside
List of items to buy for yr wife
1. maternity pads
2. disposable panties for maternity
3. dry shampoo
4. confinement wines - DOM/Yomeishu/Those Tonic wines etc.
Tats about all that i can think of at the moment...