Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Great Rebonding Promotion!

This is a discussion on Great Rebonding Promotion! within the Hair Care Beauty forum, part of the Makeup & Beauty Talk category; I saw this great Rebonding Promotion at Kimage. It's $168 for rebonding, including Haircut and Treatment! Have anyone tried Kimage ...

Worthy Lady

Great Rebonding Promotion!

I saw this great Rebonding Promotion at Kimage.
    It's $168 for rebonding, including Haircut and Treatment!

Have anyone tried Kimage before?
    Any good stylists to recommend?

Female Attendant

Re: Great Rebonding Promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by yyvonne View Post

Yap, i tried before quite lasting. My hair stay straight for at least 6 months. I went to the outlet at rivervale mall, paiseh cant remember the name of the stylist (think called Jenny....or so)...
    the promo is cheap, i remember 1yr ago i did it for around 220+++ after member disc.

Worthy Lady

any1 knows if promotion still on??

Imperial Concubine

I usually go for cheaper ones like $100 type and usually can stay more than 6mths..

I intend to go again since the last one i had was dec last year. Any good offer in the east?

Hi, I usually go to my friend's shop at woodlands, opp marsiling mrt station.

her price is cheap and most impt the treatment oil she appy on hair is of good quality, so the hair will not get frizzy and dryness after you wash your hair and it can stay for a period of time, says like rebond once a year. . .

PM me for her contact if you wanna try her services. . .

Female Attendant
    My favourite salon has ceased operations. So sad...
    Last edited by RebondingGirl; 23-02-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Female Attendant

my favourite salon has ceased operations. so sad....
    Last edited by RebondingGirl; 23-02-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by yyvonne View Post

you are talking about the promotion (rebond/perm) at kimage prestige at Marina Square?

Okay, this was my experience:

I went there, wanted to try the perm. i have long straight hair (rebonded years ago). The stylist who served me is Jason Lok, and I asked him if my hair can do perm. He brought back a few jap magazines, asked me what style i was looking for. I pointed to him, and i asked him 'can do?' he said 'can'. then i told him, if cannot do, doesnt fit my head shape or my style, i would do rebonding. he confirmed by saying 'dont worry, can'.

so he did my hair by using rollers (those used when my mom went to perm hair in the 1990s) and chemicals. he did from ear to the hair end. before that he had already cut my hair to shoulder length. as he was cutting my hair, he said, 'im going to cut your hair shorter'. mind you, its not a question, and he just started cutting already. i was still thinking of the picture that i've shown him. so i asked him, 'can just do like what i have shown you in the picture?' then he replied, 'the picture is different model, different face shape, different hair...what i can do is only 30% close to the picture'. by that time, he had already cut until my neck length. i was quite pissed, cos what he said initially was SO different from what he said now. worse thing was, he already had cut half of my hair. midway he still made a comment, 'luckily you didnt do rebond'.

towards the end, he said after drying my hair, my hair will be done. i didn't remember ive done any treatment, so i asked him 'got do treatment already?' he exclaimed 'ya done before perming mah', he sounded as if i was not paying attention.

in the end, i look like auntie, very old, hairstyle is totally DIFFERENT from the picture. i dont't care about the model or the face, but the style is totally different. its really different from those people who did digital perm/jap perm..cos the waves you can see is very different. i know the basics, initially the waves will be very curly, and will relax after weeks or months. but i can tell you, the wave curls are really different. they curl very messy and look very frizzy. (he said what he did was japanese perm).

now im really sad, cos i look like i have gone to do some cheap perm at some run-down neighbourhood salons and look like aunties whose hair are curly and rough. it is really bad. all the people who have seen my hair said its bad, very ugly.
    i've wasted my money (like really totally wasted), wasted my time, and feel very low, no confidence. i hide myself at home, dont want to go out. i didnt expect it to turn out so bad. every other people's perm hair i notice, other than auntie's, all look SO different from mine.

few days ago i actually called him back, see if i can get a discount or something to remedy my hair. you know what he said? 'you wanted perm what, try to accept the hairstyle.' in fact, hes like trying to push the blame to me, and forcing me to hard accept HIS hairstyle on MY head. then he added he will still have to charge me wash and cut, even if i go for cutting only.

now my hair so short, what else can i do? i can only rebond, cos my hair is so hideous. this means spend more money. its as if ive never done perm, and my 178 is spent for nothing.

oh, and i will never forget the receptionist face. her face shows as if she is very high-class and looks-down-on-people kind. she looks at how people dress, whether you dress very atas or like student, and treats you differently. shes not very friendly and polite at all.

thats what i have to say. i just have to accept this as a lesson learnt. tell your friends about it, and never go for this stylist, or even still, this branch. i cannot stand people who are not honest, and 'bluff' you into doing something to your hair just because they want easy-way out, or dont want to spend so much time on you, or for whatever reasons. after that do halfway then later tell you 'oh dont expect that kind of result, etcetc', and it becomes too late to change anything. i find this very dishonest, cheating, no integrity at all. no matter what you do, rebonding or perm or cut, this is very important, cos we trust our hair into their hands. i really hope there wont be any more victims like me in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sadgal View Post
    you are talking about the promotion (rebond/perm) at kimage prestige at Marina Square?

Okay, this was my experience:

I went there, wanted to try the perm. i have long straight hair (rebonded years ago). The stylist who served me is Jason Lok, and I asked him if my hair can do perm. He brought back a few jap magazines, asked me what style i was looking for. I pointed to him, and i asked him 'can do?' he said 'can'. then i told him, if cannot do, doesnt fit my head shape or my style, i would do rebonding. he confirmed by saying 'dont worry, can'.

so he did my hair by using rollers (those used when my mom went to perm hair in the 1990s) and chemicals. he did from ear to the hair end. before that he had already cut my hair to shoulder length. as he was cutting my hair, he said, 'im going to cut your hair shorter'. mind you, its not a question, and he just started cutting already. i was still thinking of the picture that i've shown him. so i asked him, 'can just do like what i have shown you in the picture?' then he replied, 'the picture is different model, different face shape, different hair...what i can do is only 30% close to the picture'. by that time, he had already cut until my neck length. i was quite pissed, cos what he said initially was SO different from what he said now. worse thing was, he already had cut half of my hair. midway he still made a comment, 'luckily you didnt do rebond'.

towards the end, he said after drying my hair, my hair will be done. i didn't remember ive done any treatment, so i asked him 'got do treatment already?' he exclaimed 'ya done before perming mah', he sounded as if i was not paying attention.

in the end, i look like auntie, very old, hairstyle is totally DIFFERENT from the picture. i dont't care about the model or the face, but the style is totally different. its really different from those people who did digital perm/jap perm..cos the waves you can see is very different. i know the basics, initially the waves will be very curly, and will relax after weeks or months. but i can tell you, the wave curls are really different. they curl very messy and look very frizzy. (he said what he did was japanese perm).

now im really sad, cos i look like i have gone to do some cheap perm at some run-down neighbourhood salons and look like aunties whose hair are curly and rough. it is really bad. all the people who have seen my hair said its bad, very ugly.
    i've wasted my money (like really totally wasted), wasted my time, and feel very low, no confidence. i hide myself at home, dont want to go out. i didnt expect it to turn out so bad. every other people's perm hair i notice, other than auntie's, all look SO different from mine.

few days ago i actually called him back, see if i can get a discount or something to remedy my hair. you know what he said? 'you wanted perm what, try to accept the hairstyle.' in fact, hes like trying to push the blame to me, and forcing me to hard accept HIS hairstyle on MY head. then he added he will still have to charge me wash and cut, even if i go for cutting only.

now my hair so short, what else can i do? i can only rebond, cos my hair is so hideous. this means spend more money. its as if ive never done perm, and my 178 is spent for nothing.

oh, and i will never forget the receptionist face. her face shows as if she is very high-class and looks-down-on-people kind. she looks at how people dress, whether you dress very atas or like student, and treats you differently. shes not very friendly and polite at all.

thats what i have to say. i just have to accept this as a lesson learnt. tell your friends about it, and never go for this stylist, or even still, this branch. i cannot stand people who are not honest, and 'bluff' you into doing something to your hair just because they want easy-way out, or dont want to spend so much time on you, or for whatever reasons. after that do halfway then later tell you 'oh dont expect that kind of result, etcetc', and it becomes too late to change anything. i find this very dishonest, cheating, no integrity at all. no matter what you do, rebonding or perm or cut, this is very important, cos we trust our hair into their hands. i really hope there wont be any more victims like me in the future.
    I had the same experience just like you but it was not done in singapore thou... i guess hair perming is really an important issue to discuss before deciding... i was also having a totally diff result as the one i want and few month after perming i cut away my hair short bob...lucky i never perm my hair entirely, last time i only do the bottom part...but i lost my long hair already and it was sucks!

I also have the same experience with salon in singapore, this time i only want to cut normal bob style and longer at the sides only...but in the end the stupid stylist cut away straight bob like old type...she dont't even see that my face type is really not suitable for this type of style..I think she just wanna go fast as it was near chinese new year and she have alot of customer waiting....stupid!

after that incident, i always tell the stylist what i want to do with my hair and if they give comment i try not to listen 100% haha...althou they're always work at hair salon doesn't mean they know exactly our headshape and our type of hair rite??

"My whole life for them"

Please visit my facebook album at
    Added new stuff today!
    ((( Baby Carrier, Rompers,Hand/Leg Warmer)))

Woah.. Can understand how you feel..

Luckily i done my rebonding/color/hairlight/cut all this in JB holiday plaza (level 1)..

Sometimes when i feel like changing of hairstyle like perm, my hair stylist will use the perm to test 1 curl than after that he suggested that perm dont suits my face so end up all this while is only rebonding for me and it can stay long..

He can even rebond, color and highlight all in 1 shot! Think maybe some of you might think will spoilt the hair texture but is a miracle that my hair still is staying in good condition..

Female Attendant

Smile Re: Great Rebonding Promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty View Post
    Woah.. Can understand how you feel..

Luckily i done my rebonding/color/hairlight/cut all this in JB holiday plaza (level 1)..

Sometimes when i feel like changing of hairstyle like perm, my hair stylist will use the perm to test 1 curl than after that he suggested that perm dont suits my face so end up all this while is only rebonding for me and it can stay long..

He can even rebond, color and highlight all in 1 shot! Think maybe some of you might think will spoilt the hair texture but is a miracle that my hair still is staying in good condition..
    hi dear, you may want to try TRenZ Salon @ china square centre-town area, they are offering January 2010 pomo at 40% off for all services, you may want to try them, price are very reasonable, i been thier customer since i gave birth to my son, now my son one year old ...they have been helping me to solve my hair loss, treatment, colour etc ...and they always on promo, every MONTH! you may want to try them out, call them for pricing at tel: 65360063 look for patrick or albert...they are so nice guy...haha

thinking of trying jean yip.. anyone tried before?

wab
    Female Attendant

Hi,
    you can try POIS SALON @ Lorong Lew Lian.

if you choose to use normal brand, $108 until bra line.
    If you choose to use Sheseido, $148 until bra line.
    All price includes an after treatment.
    We just rebond our hair last week to avoid the price increment,
    but was told that the price will not increase much due to economy crisis.

Ask for Li Ling, although she is from China, she is very skillful and patient, my hair is actually "burnt", but surprisingly, the result is very good and shiny although a little dry at the ends but not frizzy, due to my last bleach. I paid $148 and I bought the rebuilder cream for $19.80 after less 10%.

My cousin paid $108 cos she is was on a tight budget, but her result is as good as mine, in fact better cos she has very healthy hair.

So I believe the hair dresser's skill plays a major part, while the products are minority.

There is another older lady in the salon, but she is not so skillful in rebonding cos last year my sis did her rebonding by her, her hair was not that straight.

LiLing is usually off on wednesday, so remember to call before you go as she is usually very busy.

Female Attendant

I did all my rebondings and perms at Kimage, more expensive though but always satisfied with the results and service. Look out for promotions can get at cheaper price.

Worthy Lady

So many promotions going on now.

I saw at Kimage Facebook site that they are having promotions on Rebonding, Digital Perm and Colour!

Female Attendant

But i hear that they use their own brand rebonding, not sure how good they are. I will prefer Loreal xtenso and Shiseido brand. But it's very expensive to get it from "big name salon". I did find it one Home salon in the east which using shiseido brand, not sure how goood is it? Her website look very pro, anyone try it before. PM any review if you did. Her website Winn's Home Salon,Straightened Hair, Perm Hair, Color Hair

Worthy Lady

kimage is little expensive, but the quality is good. worth it