Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

This is a discussion on Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation within the Single Parents Support Group forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; Hi, i am new here. im going to meet mediation discuss next week.. i am a homemaker & sole caregiver ...

Female Attendant

Re: Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Hi,
    i am new here. im going to meet mediation discuss next week.. i am a homemaker & sole caregiver to my 20 mths girl. i am worry about the future for my girl & me. Hope to get a good recom for lawyer too. cos i dont work, i am worry i cant afford after realised that it so exp.

Worthy Lady

You are going for mediation for the ancillary matters?

Do you have any plan for your future? Like going back to work etc?

Female Attendant

i have been a homemaker since i married & have been a sole caregiver to my 20 months old.. if i have to go back to work then have to put her to CC. i am worry about future. Do i have to stay in the stay house if separation?

Worthy Lady

You mentioned that you are going for mediation. So your spouse has proposed something to you? Wether you can stay in the same house after seperation, it all depends on the agreement between you and your spouse.

Are you buying over his share of the house or is he transferring his share of the house to you? Or you are going to sell the house away and split the cost?

I know you are worried about your future, me too worried about mine. 1st of all, you may need to think where you would be staying after divorce, how to earn an income that will support both you and your child. You will be lucky if you could get some maintenance from your ex-spouse. You have to set a direction and move on.

For my case, I have a stable job, I have my parents to help me looking after my child. I intend to get my ex-spouse to transfer his share of the flat to me. But I still have worries and fear of our future. But dont't worry so much. Settle what needto be done now. Things in the future will be much better then you have expected.

Jia you.

Female Attendant

willows,

thanks for your advise & sharing.. so many things to plan.

i like to have the house ( 4A HDB) cos i dont know if after div he get married & wont give me $$

im 44 years old, not sure what job offer..sigh!
    i love to sew & have been selling my handmade stuffs online since im pregnant cos i sew my girl stuffs & share online & surprise that order start coming in & i thankful its still coming in.
    Everyday i am inspire by my girl to do new stuffs & share online.
    Hope i will be able to do more after div.

Look forward to meetup with everyone here. Jiayou!

Worthy Lady

Hi Homemaker,

How was your mediation?

I understand how you feel. I intend to takeover my ex-spouse share of the flat. But after taking over, it will be a financial burden to me although I have a stable income. But I intend to ask for more maintenance if possible to cover my future expenditure.

For you, you can also ask for maintenance to cover you and your child's expenditure. Wether he will be married or not, he still have to be responsible for his child's living. Go and ask for a reasonable maintenance. It's your right to do so.

Where did you stay? Your child is 20 months old right? Mine is also 20 months old.

Female Attendant

Hi Willows,

i want the house cos i plan to work at home.. but i dont have money to buy his share. There is so many things on my mind now..

im at East-west..maybe can arrange a playdate 2 Airport. How to contact you?

Worthy Lady

Hmm... Play date at airport is too far for me I stay at north.

Housing issue: try your best to get the house. You need it for you and your child. I heard that there are cases where the judge will get the husband to transfer his share of the house to the wife. Let your lawyer / judge know that you need a roof for both you and your child. I am sure your lawyer will help you out.

dont't think too much. Take thing a step at a time. Settle for the custody and housing issue first, then worry about the future. I always believe things will be better and will fall into places. We really can't worry too many things for the future.

Just to share with you. My ex still comes and visit our child everyday. I find that he is a pest now. Not sure what is in his mind. He is the one that choose to give up this family and yet still come back everyday to visit our child. He is just a selfish ass. What worry me now is he is trying all means to get the custody, care n control of our child.

Hi mummies, I am also planning for divorce. Any good lawyers to recommend? I would like to get the divorce done asap as I cannot stand my husband and his mistress who has been together for 9 months. He said that he will not contest for our child's custody and has even agreed to let me change my 20 months old girl surname to my surname. Only problem is that he refuses to pay for child support which I will request for in court.

Worthy Lady

such an asshole! dont let him get away without child support! make sure he pays for the girl, need not change surname... since he wont contest better, get $$ from him, he need not visit the daughter and treat him as ATM.
    imtryin2 likes this.

Female Attendant

Hi all, I'm new here

I'm married in 2009 and had a baby gal of 18mths now. Wanted to end this marriage due to alot of unhappiness.
    Can anyone recommend nice n affordable lawyer? Thanks

So sad. I wish I can help all the ladies here.

Worthy Lady

Hi mummies, I accidentally saw this thread. I used to work in law firm. My ex boss (lady boss) does alot of divorce cases n she pretty good in it. However, her charges can be ex as well. Her office is in Chinatown.

Female Attendant

Hi Jaspang,

How much is the charges like? I need to fight with him the custody of my gal, flat n get maintenance fee from
    him. I think it will cost alot right? I'm looking for affordable ones.

Female Attendant

Hi all mummies of previous posts,

Have your settle your case? How much does it cost you? Appreciate if you can share the information with me?

Thanks

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Depressed mom View Post
    Hi Jaspang,

How much is the charges like? I need to fight with him the custody of my gal, flat n get maintenance fee from
    I m not sure about her fees. All I can say is that she is good in divorce. She will fight for her clients interest.

Worthy Lady

Hi Jaspang,

I m not sure about her fees. All I can say is that she is good in divorce. She will fight for her clients interest.

Worthy Lady

hi jespang, is it located at chinatown point? i'm engaging her too... havnt start my paper but i hope she can help me seriously...

just checking, did you settle the terms in private with your ex first, before you approach the lawyer to prepare the paperwork? i need it to be cheap & good.

Worthy Lady

I think you have misunderstand. I used to work in law firm n my ex boss does a lot of divorce matters. So after reading those posts, I m trying to help by recommending my ex boss to the mummies, if you gals really need a good lawyer badly. But her fees can be ex depend on case by case

Quote Originally Posted by jespang View Post
    Hi Jes, does she allow payment by installments?

Quote Originally Posted by youknowsue View Post
    hi jespang, is it located at chinatown point? i'm engaging her too... havnt start my paper but i hope she can help me seriously...

just checking, did you settle the terms in private with your ex first, before you approach the lawyer to prepare the paperwork? i need it to be cheap & good.
    If can settle with ex then settle privately with ex first. And if the relationship is still ok, on talking and reasonable terms, maybe can just hire one lawyer to do the paperwork and that'll be the cheapest. But if not, you can just get the lawyer to settle for you and you tell your lawyer what you want. Just never underestimate how ugly things can get, get a lawyer with fighting ability and not those cheap and only know how to do paperwork only. I was on talking terms with my ex and we have more or less come to mutual agreement on how to settle but things very quickly grow ugly and a number of things he come up with caught me by surprise, I am glad I engage a lawyer who still can protect me. I will not recommend her though, the bill in the end come up to be a little messy. I was quoted $1k for separation and $2.5 for divorce. I can't remember the $2.5 include court fees or not. Court fees should be $500 or $700, I can't really remember. Most lawyers charge extra if fighting for property or child custody, mine was only a hdb flat and we are surrendering back to hdb so nothing to fight. HTHs~

Female Attendant

Hi All,

Anyone know if flat under sole applicant n he is only occupier. Is this mean the applicant which is me can get the flat w/o fighting after divorce or even separate?
    Or he can still fight for the flat??

Hi All,

Anyone know if flat under sole applicant n he is only occupier. Is this mean the applicant which is me can get the flat w/o fighting after divorce or even separate?
    Or he can still fight for the flat??
    The flat will be considered matrimonial property so he can fight for it. How much shares he can fight depends on how the flat is paid. If its paid through your cpf, its much easier for you to fight for the whole flat or at least a larger portion. If its paid through his cpf, its of course leaning towards his advantage.

Female Attendant

Hi Feathers,

The flat is paid thru my CPF n COV is paid by me too.
    Though renovation most of it is by me, he did some too but only minor ones.

Do you know any lawyers that give free consultation? I have so much things need to find out

Worthy Lady

hey depressed mom, i share the same case as yours too!! am having a headache as i paid for most of the flat so i dont see why he should even get back his cpf contribution after creating such a shitty mess for me to settle! super selfish man!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast