Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

This is a discussion on Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation within the Single Parents Support Group forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; Originally Posted by XiaoGaL any mummies try apply from legal aid before? Hi I am asking any advise for the ...

Worthy Lady

Re: Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoGaL View Post
    any mummies try apply from legal aid before?
    Hi
    I am asking any advise for the divorce procedure?
    Followed previous chats and understand that Mr Ong charges around 3k (includ all documentations etc).
    Is there any cheaper lawyer firms can recommend? Do we have to pay or the spouse can share the cost too?

Worthy Lady

My situation a bit difficult. I just gave birth and found that he is having an affair,but refuses to divorce.
    I guess all men likes to have a family but playing around outside......
    will I get the custody of my baby? Can I file adultary?

like nbg wife situation?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by extremepower View Post
    like nbg wife situation?
    sorry. what is nbg?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by liaocarol11 View Post
    Hi
    I am asking any advise for the divorce procedure?
    Followed previous chats and understand that Mr Ong charges around 3k (includ all documentations etc).
    Is there any cheaper lawyer firms can recommend? Do we have to pay or the spouse can share the cost too?
    cheaper lawyer firm for uncontested divorce i used to find is $990 (Law Firms | Lawyer). went to them before deciding on Mr. Ong; didnt quite like the lawyer's attitude (1st impression). eh you can choose to pay/ spouse/ split cost; depends on both of your mutual agreement...

Worthy Lady

My situation a bit difficult. I just gave birth and found that he is having an affair,but refuses to divorce.
    I guess all men likes to have a family but playing around outside......
    will I get the custody of my baby? Can I file adultary?
    my situation is pretty similar with yours; x got an affair when my gal was like 1.5years old.
    back to your qns; custody- it depends. usually mum will get the care & concern but as to custody, it's split, unless he is willing to give up his. for my case, i got my gal's sole care & ctrl, as well as custody. coz he is willing to give up his rights as a dad if i dont ask for maintenance (so long as $ is concerned). file for adultery- yes you can. how long has you been married? coz less than 3yrs unless you have sufficient prove, if not pretty hard. @ that time i was married for like 1.5years nia so i bear with it till this year 3years & i filed for adultery, w/o proved. but i did mentioned the 3rd party's name etc...
    take care

Worthy Lady

Hi Worth lady
    thanks for your advise. i have married more than 3 yrs, so should be quite straightforward.
    so you mean you can file adultery wo proved? what about he refuses to divorce and deny he is having an affair? Can i still proceed with divorce?

Worthy Lady

should be quite straight-forward. erm i was married for 3yr5mths on the date i filed; separated 1yr5mth after marriage. yes, my lawyer told me i can file divorce wo prove; under Women Chapter mah. you can proceed with divorce, but it should be considered as contested case ...did you caught him having affair? y he refuse divorce? you never plan to give him a chance?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by baby_sadako87 View Post
    should be quite straight-forward. erm i was married for 3yr5mths on the date i filed; separated 1yr5mth after marriage. yes, my lawyer told me i can file divorce wo prove; under Women Chapter mah. you can proceed with divorce, but it should be considered as contested case ...did you caught him having affair? y he refuse divorce? you never plan to give him a chance?
    Hi
    ok noted. I will check w lawyer accordingly. Forgive him 1 time already. Men are the same, you caught them once, there will be 2nd times, 3rd times and so on...
    Tired catching again and again, but just dont't understand why they dont't want to divorce. So sian.... I spend too much time w this disgusted man, just hope to have a contested divorce...Orelse everything going to be ugly...

Worthy Lady

Hi
    ok noted. I will check w lawyer accordingly. Forgive him 1 time already. Men are the same, you caught them once, there will be 2nd times, 3rd times and so on...
    Tired catching again and again, but just dont't understand why they dont't want to divorce. So sian.... I spend too much time w this disgusted man, just hope to have a contested divorce...Orelse everything going to be ugly...
    eh men want the best of both world mah. opps i think you got the term wrong : contested divorce- divorce with complications. if can, go for uncontested divorce; alot more straight-forward & fast. take care

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by baby_sadako87 View Post
    eh men want the best of both world mah. opps i think you got the term wrong : contested divorce- divorce with complications. if can, go for uncontested divorce; alot more straight-forward & fast. take care
    Oic got it. Guess both want to fight for the baby and I am sure he uses this as an excuse not to file divorce. What a jerk

ngb wife so loyal. amazing. something is wrong?

Female Attendant

hi mummies.
    Im a young mummy going through a tough time.
    During my 6th sem of pregnancy my hubby asked for separation as he met some girl he fancy and i had to go through my last sem alone. I took care of my son till now hes about 10 months old now. And my hubby wants to fight for my son's custody will the law give the custody to the care giver or family that earns the most income?

Worthy Lady

Hi Pewpew
    Have you engaged a lawyer already? Maybe we can meet up to talk about this. I am also facing the same problem and do not know how to handle the case.....

Female Attendant

Hi Pewpew
    Have you engaged a lawyer already? Maybe we can meet up to talk about this. I am also facing the same problem and do not know how to handle the case.....
    Not yet he said that he would engage one from last year till now and still nothing. I saw someone writing about the aware.org where theres a hot line to call and enquire but the hotline is only opens at 3pm hence i have to see what they can do for me first probably you would want to call them too?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by pewpew View Post
    Not yet he said that he would engage one from last year till now and still nothing. I saw someone writing about the aware.org where theres a hot line to call and enquire but the hotline is only opens at 3pm hence i have to see what they can do for me first probably you would want to call them too?
    That's bad of your husband. didn't take care of you and now want to fight for the baby. I guess his chance is pretty slim.
    thanks for the info. yah i saw it, i will call the helpline to understand more about this.

Worthy Lady

pewpew, according to my lawyer, care & ctrl will usually be given to the mummy but for custody, it's split; both has nth to do with earning power. judge will usually split the custody coz kids r innocent & seemed to be better for the kids. you can call Aware to book appt & they will advise you; pretty good for those who r confused. eh FYI, even if you have the custody, care & ctrl, hubby has the right to visit the kids. UNLESS he is willing to give up his parental rights. for my case, i have the sole custody as well as the care n ctrl. take care ya & jia you

For a woman charter children who are 7 years old n below it will automatic custody to their mum not the dad.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by brokensmile View Post
    For a woman charter children who are 7 years old n below it will automatic custody to their mum not the dad.
    hi brokensmile, care & control will be given to mum but for custody, it's usually split.

Worthy Lady

Hi mummies,

Seeking help as i dont't know what to do and look out for in this state. Me and hub are filing for divorce to end this 3 years marriage and we have a 2.5 years old son. He say if i were to make things diffcult in the divorce, he will contest and make things messy for me also.

Would need advice on where can i find a cheap n good lawyer and also how much do i have to spend? what are the things i need to look out for when appear at court n infront of lawyer.

we had sit dwn n talk about the maintenance, custody and assest division.

we had no house so no assets but i paid for all the furniture in the room at his parents place so i ask him to pay mi back all those things. i requested for my son custody n he say he will "sacrifice" n let mi have him. Maintenance we had also agreed upon.

But the way he put in-regards to son custody. he want mi to seek his approval if i were to make any decisions regarding the son which includes school, going overseas and stuffs.

The reason is because of unacceptabe behaviour of his to this family and me. and i also found out he's seeing another woman recently. i had a whatsapp msg on their conversation but no picture prove. Apparently both of them went to batam n i capture his passport with stamp on the custom chop. i also had a e-mail indication his booking of the trip for 2 pax n he forwarded it to her.

Babes, actually there is something from the government that many stay at home mum or low income mummies that cld make use of. I did my separation and div with them (Legal Aids) only spending around $300. Hope this info helps... =) Take good care and stay strong!

Worthy Lady

ralia,

my income is not consider low, but i dont't have saving coz all deplated by him in the marriage. Feeling very sad and down and also insecure. plus my kid need to go sch also n i also owe sch fees on my degree which i gave up because of him. so now is like a empty shell with a kid and due to income status i can't seek low income help.

Worthy Lady

any one got good and reliable lawyers? please help

Female Attendant

Lasery,

Im like you had ended my 3 yrs marriage with 33mths child.

Mine is in process so dont know if the lawyer is good or not.

I rem i saw some mummies post in doesnotwork.com some contacts

Perhaps you can check it up.

Worthy Lady

hi depressed mum,

can't seems to find the doesnotwork.com.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast