Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

This is a discussion on Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation within the Single Parents Support Group forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; rhosernc: i think you look for a reasonable price lawyer 1st. once the lawyer is hired by you and not ...

rhosernc: i think you look for a reasonable price lawyer 1st. once the lawyer is hired by you and not your wife, he will try to help you.

Female Attendant

Re: Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Quote Originally Posted by Dtbl View Post
    Hi, pardon me as hubby to post. I have contacted Yeo & Associates and sound have hidden cost. She mentioned SGD1800 is for only divorce without Housing and kids. Fair enough additional 200 each so total SGD2200. However, she also mentioned basis one time meeting and proceed straight filing. Altho is uncontested but drafted wordings sometime partner need to revise. And she quoted extra 300 per hour session. Hmmmm sounds alot of hidden cost. Any comments pls? Or anyone experienced?

Hi, this is not considered as "hidden costs". You are making those lawyers to do extra work by revising (revising sometimes need more advice or negotiation before you can "revise" your original terms) and you have to know how much they charge for doing more work for your matter or how much they charge if your spouse comes back and want MORE REVISION to the original terms? It is lagi worse if they at the end throw you with their invoice and make you pay. You said the lawyer at Yeo & Associates did all the work and proceed to straight filing after just one time of meeting, with the speed and convenience, I think they are better than my lawyers, they wanted me to go to their law firm so many times, and so many to-and-fro. Until now, no filing and they charge me S$3000 and not inclusive of court fees and transport etc. If you dont't wish to pay more costs, you better make sure you discuss with your spouse to have uncontested, before you go and tell a lawyer that it is uncontested, then turn out to be contested and more work and then say people charge you hidden costs. My 2 other friends tried Yeo after I told them to look for other firm and now their things already completed and mine still dangling. . .

Female Attendant

Hi

I'm new.
    I really need a recommendation of a good female divorce lawyer urgently.
    Not from google search, but any of your personal experiences with a good female lawyer, please.
    I'm currently undergoing divorce and have used a male lawyer for the past 6 mths to try and reach a settlement.
    However I'm very unhappy with this male lawyer's unresponsiveness.
    As my soon-to-be ex-spouse is demanding, I intend to contest and fight on ancillary issues rather than settle on his unfair terms.
    Any ladies have used a good female lawyer before, please PM me the contact urgently.
    Thank you so much!

Female Attendant

I would like to know also specifically:

1. If you used this lawyer?
    2. Did you have a contested divorce and/or ancillary issues contested?
    3. How long did it take from start to finish (how many months/years)?
    4. The legal fees was around how many thousands?
    5. Did the female lawyer always return your calls and was responsive to your emails?

Hope someone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by loved View Post
    Hi

I'm new.
    I really need a recommendation of a good female divorce lawyer urgently.
    Not from google search, but any of your personal experiences with a good female lawyer, please.
    I'm currently undergoing divorce and have used a male lawyer for the past 6 mths to try and reach a settlement.
    However I'm very unhappy with this male lawyer's unresponsiveness.
    As my soon-to-be ex-spouse is demanding, I intend to contest and fight on ancillary issues rather than settle on his unfair terms.
    Any ladies have used a good female lawyer before, please PM me the contact urgently.
    Thank you so much!

Female Attendant

I am going through Divorce and my lawyer is really good lawyer. Her name is Grace Malathy. She has very good Communication ability. She is perfect in Responsiveness. Quality of service is really great. Value for money is totally worth it. She is really good lawyer and negotiable. Her office is at Mountbatten Square. I would definitely recommend her to anybody. If anybody need more info pls send me SMS @ 85885490. I would love to share more details with you whoever is in need.

Worthy Lady

can i know the divorce fee this lawyer charging. i'm checking on behalf of my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlielola View Post
    I am going through Divorce and my lawyer is really good lawyer. Her name is Grace Malathy. She has very good Communication ability. She is perfect in Responsiveness. Quality of service is really great. Value for money is totally worth it. She is really good lawyer and negotiable. Her office is at Mountbatten Square. I would definitely recommend her to anybody. If anybody need more info pls send me SMS @ 85885490. I would love to share more details with you whoever is in need.

Female Attendant

Ms Gloria James-Civetta, Divorce Lawyer in Singapore. Ms James was educated in the UK. With more than 16 years of experience handling divorce cases and family law proceedings, Ms James is highly skilled at ensuring everything is taken into consideration in a divorce.Ms James is an appointed Associate Mediator of the Singapore Mediation Centre and Primary Dispute Resolution Centre of the Subordinate Courts of Singapore, and is a member of the Family Law Practice Committee of the Law Society Singapore. For More Help contact with s Gloria James or Call us for a free consultation on 63370469

Female Attendant

Can I ask. If the plaintiff (Me, wife) hires the lawyer to file a separation / divorce against the ex-husband (defendant), the lawyer fees is it all payable by the plaintiff & the defendant does not need to pay a single cent? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by desiree94 View Post
    Can I ask. If the plaintiff (Me, wife) hires the lawyer to file a separation / divorce against the ex-husband (defendant), the lawyer fees is it all payable by the plaintiff & the defendant does not need to pay a single cent? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    not necessary you both can decide on how the payment should b splitted...

Female Attendant

If I want the whole legal procedure payment to be paid by my ex, possible? Under what circumstances than he will be liable to pay ALL instead of splitting the cost?

Worthy Lady

If I want the payment to be paid by my ex, possible?
    you gota nego with your ex ...

Female Attendant

Nego with him or directly tell the lawyer / judge can ?

Worthy Lady

Nego with him or directly tell the lawyer / judge can ?
    nego with him ...

Female Attendant

A lot of lawyers now offer free consultation.
    I think one can call a few to see if you can clear some doubts and also know your rights.

You can try to call this law office. they offer free phone consultation.
    Their legal executive, Elin is very patient and understanding.

http://sgdivorcelawyer.com/ - 68505411

Good luck!
    Last edited by edinahgoodwill; 05-10-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Female Attendant

Hi,

my mum wants to get a divorce and needs a lawyer as the divorce is not a uncontested one; meaning we have to fight for the house. I would really appreciate if anyone is able to recommend a female lawyer who is really patient and does not charge too much for such a case. Anyone with personal experience would be good too.

Female Attendant

You can try approach the volunteer residents committee legal advisor first and take note of important advice to keep in mind when fighting the case.

http://www.pa.gov.sg/images/services...ril%202014.pdf

Contested cases might drag a bit to reach compromise.

Take care!

Female Attendant

HI all....need to ask experienced mums here whether i m paying too much for my divorce. My ex-husband had an affair....
    and I filed for divorce with a PI report.
    No children but we are fighting for assets

I paid 3600 for the 1st stage of uncontested divorce to get decree nisi
    another 3600 for ancillary matters (we are still in the midst of it) so laywer says costs gonna add up

my lawyer is a guy and I realised he very unsympathetic... i kinda regret engaging him but i m halfway there.... how??
    Last edited by BeautytoAshes; 02-08-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Try asking the MP. Maybe they have good connections to advice.

Female Attendant

I got a pathetic lawyer too, try to find means to settle out of court to save the cost.

Female Attendant

Hi

i need recommendation for a good lawyer to help fight for child custody and limited access by the father. Only complication now is i am not legally married to the father and thus he is lucky that he do not have to give me anything. In any case, i only want it for my child.

Female Attendant

hi

Need help in complicated divorce matter. I am the father. I would also wish to get some help from those who had already divorced. Need help urgent.

Female Attendant

at tripchoc, sorry i do not understand why do you need to look for a lawyer to fight for child custody and limited access by the father if you are not legally married to the father. to my understanding, unless you are looking to file maintenance or if you want to legally adopt your child, else if have the custody of your child and the father of your child only have visitation rights.

Need advise for the following:

Ive decided to divorce my spouse and proceeded to engage a pvt lawyer in dec. They took awhile to prepare the docs & wasnt able to serve the divorce papers to him as he wasnt around. Due to that, my lawyer suggested getting a court summon to have it paste over his last known address about 2 weeks back. We had agreed upon initial cost of $3k but now was told just fr the court summon to have it Paste over is additional $500..

Im quite worried right now hw things are gonna be like as im sure it will be contested when it comes to our flat since its less then 5yrs MOP. My main concern is about the house & the maintenance. Till now hes not been contributing anything to the house loan except for $50 via cpf & only paid about 10k when we gt the keys. Im servicing the reno loan as well. I dont earn much & paying all the expenses of my child.

Just was thinking if i could drop my current lawyer & seek for legal aid? Will they assist regards to fighting over ancillary matters? Could some1 assist me.
    To surrender the flat means lose more money & i will not have a place to stay w my child.

Female Attendant

Salam to all Sisters & Mummies here.

I am new to this forum so i hope you can bear with me if im unsure on hw to do tis.

I am a muslim mum with 2 child, looking for a good lawyer to assist me on a contested divorce.

Im am goin to see Marican this evening for consultation.

I have also emailed some other lawyers, i do hope to get some input on this.

Many thanks & may allah bless all of you strong mummies out there!

Wassalam.

Need help my wife wanted to divorce with me need a affordable lawyer or advice...maybe will be consented case....cause she said will not give me anything...btw I'm now in a big debt to clear...really need advice from you all...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast