This is a discussion on single parent support group within the Single Parents Support Group forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; Originally Posted by kinberuri Uncle you MIA very long . Ya .... Uncle busy mah.... now back!...
I need some additional information, can't seem to find elsewhere. My son's biological father wants to see my baby, I am still considering whether to allow him to because i am aware he can get visitation rights if he wants to fight.
1. What exactly are visitation rights? Does it mean he can take my boy out? Coz I'm afraid when I go to work, my mum allows him to take baby out, I will not allow, and will consider that kidnap.
2. If he secretly goes do a DNA test (not court ordered), and I find out about it, is there anything i can do?
3. He wanted me to abort, coz I called off the wedding last min (almost got married coz of baby), and told me no need to inform him anything about baby thereafter, but now he wants to see my boy; dont't know what his intentions are. Can he fight for equal custody even if we were never married, and just based that he is the biological father?
4. He agreed beforehand he does not want to have anything to do with baby since we broke up already. Now I'm terrified if he wants to take my baby go see his parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles, and these old people, see once sure want to see again and again and again. Is this EVER preventable?
5. I believe my son is considered 'illegitimate' since I'm a single unwed mum. What difference would it make if i wanna make him my 'legitimate' son? How to make him 'legitimate'?
yah i'm the main caregiver... except my mum likes to 'chap' here 'chap' there. and damn those messages were in my old phone (traded-in ), and i know he's the kind who today say one thing, tomorrow mean another thing. So stress. I e-mailed AWARE, they also ask me consult lawyer (gonna be very expensive?). He says he's coming on thursday to see my boy.
hmmm you r working now right??
your salary isit high??
i not sure if consultation will cost you alot anot, since not engaging only consultation.
if not you try legal aid???
ehhh how come you cannot get in...?
hmmmm, i can click n the site appears.
maybe you try to google legal aid bureau n check out the details.
on a separate note, my confinement nanny commented that my baby cries very loud, must be that i had a bad pregnancy, true , i wasn't happy, very stressed, who day getting it from my mum and work of course. ARGH. love my little angel to bits.
Hello to all single mummies!
I stumbled across this forum today and decided to be part of this online community.
A bit more of myself, I am a single mother and my boy is turning 5 this year. Thanks to my mum's support, I am currently homeschooling him.
So take courage, believe in yourself and in keeping your baby cos' it's all worth it.
i need some advice.
I am in the mist of settling my divorce.
My daughter is 3 yrs old, staying with me.
Recently she at nite , she will cry and say she wants her papa.
wants papa & mama, not 1 of us..
(i dont know if any one tell her anything ...)
when i hear that , i really feel very sad.
I feel guilty towards her.
Can anyone tell me how can i handle this.
the marriage really can't go on anymore ..
now my focus is only how i can make the child feel better...
Well i stay with my parents also ..
how do you speak to your kid of your x-spouse ?
Hi happymummy is your baby clothings is available?Can give them to me cause my niece is also a single mum EDDsept.2010.Can include her to your club too.PM me at email@example.com
Any single mums wants pre-loved girls shoes and clothes? Shoes should fit about 3 years old. Clothes will be under 4 years old... need to sort out.
Wanted to sell but since I dont't have the time to take photos, it is difficult. Contact me if you want.
Prefer to give those who really need it based on financially difficulties. If you can afford to buy, please give this chance to others.
Self-collection at Hougang Ave 1.
Got to clear asap. So if no keen takers by tomorrow, will just give to recycling.
I'm a mommi with a beautiful 3 YO son.
I'm working and about the be single.
Would like to know more mums and dads for support and guidance.