This is a discussion on Do you protect baby from handphone radiation? within the Baby, Toddler, Child Health Concerns forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Recently, while researching and writing an article titled "How to Protect Baby From Radiation" (click here ), I came across ...
Recently, while researching and writing an article titled "How to Protect Baby From Radiation" (click here), I came across some shocking risks with using handphones and want to share with you here:
Excerpts from Cell Phone Radiation Science Review:
- "significantly increased risk of developing glioma, a usually malignant brain tumour (International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) 2008; Lahkola 2007)"
- "significantly increased risk of acoustic neuroma, a type of benign brain tumor (IARC 2008; Schoemaker 2005)"
- "increased risk of benign parotid gland tumors (IARC 2008; Lonn 2006)"
- "highest risk of brain tumors among people who started using cell phones during adolescence (Hardell 2009)"
- "young children who use cell phones and whose mothers also used cell phones during pregnancy are 80 percent more likely to suffer emotional and hyperactivity problems (Divan 2008)"
I have always been careful about using handphones, especially since pregnancy and near baby. These findings simply confirmed my concerns.
Do you protect baby from handphone radiation? If so, in what ways do you do so?
Join Mummy's Reviews Parents Club: FREE "Baby's Head Start Guide for Parents"