Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help...my baby is having fever after a fall from bed..

This is a discussion on Help...my baby is having fever after a fall from bed.. within the Baby, Toddler, Child Health Concerns forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Hi all, My baby is 7mth plus to 8mth.He had a fall from bed and had a fever at night..Brought ...

Female Attendant

Help...my baby is having fever after a fall from bed..

Hi all,
    My baby is 7mth plus to 8mth.He had a fall from bed and had a fever at night..Brought him to the doc but when i reach there the temp drop and doc say he doesn't have any fever but after see doc he get his fever again.The 1st nite that he had a fall i fed him panadol syrup but he vomit out with the milk that he had drank.The next day morning he had a fever of 38.2degree that when i bring him to the doc who take his temp of 37.2degree which has drop but a while later he get fever of 38.0degree again..I fed him with the medicine but during midnight he keep crying and i took his temp of 39.2degree which is just now around 5am.I fed him with the medicine and he has fall asleep but i just cant stop worrying..Can anyone tell mi what shld i do...he doesn't vomit often when i feed him drink medicine but only sometime which make mi worry...I am sorry for being so nagging but i just feel so worry..

Edy

Re: Help...my baby is having fever after a fall from bed..

was it a bad fall?

You might want to bring him to another doctor for second opinion or request the initial doctor to perform through checking.

How is the baby? is he/she playing normally or?

*sayangz*

is today the 3rd day (i mean the 72 hours monitoring)??? Are the symptoms persistent??? but if baby constantly throws up every feed and fever still donx subside, please bring baby back to pediatrician.....

meanwhile, monitor the fever, try to keep it down.....use fever patch or frequent sponging on top of the fever medi......

Female Attendant

The fall is like he roll and play around on the bed but he roll till he fall down and hit his forehead if i am not wrong as forehead was abit reddish colour as i am not in the room only my brother in-law who is playin computer saw it but by the time he know he already on the floor..he still could play normally it just that he get irritated easily...he just fall asleep not long but he could cry a while then i have to shake him as he is sleepin in the YAO LAN..Was thinkin if his fever still maintain so high later then i bring him to Kandang Kerbau Hospital..Oh ya i didn't tell the doc that he fall on the day he get fever cos i was thinkin he was teething so he get fever..

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by CanCanMum View Post
    *sayangz*

is today the 3rd day (i mean the 72 hours monitoring)??? Are the symptoms persistent??? but if baby constantly throws up every feed and fever still donx subside, please bring baby back to pediatrician.....

meanwhile, monitor the fever, try to keep it down.....use fever patch or frequent sponging on top of the fever medi......
    Hi..hmm yup it the 3rd day but it the day before he get fever at nite till now..but the temp is like goin up and down..He doesn't throw out every feed it just that sometime when he drink his medicine..He got cough and pleghm(dont know whether is it this way to spell)..normally before he goin to vomit he will cough then vomit..he threw out milk but not totally the amount that he drank...i will bring him to Kandang Kerbau Hospital if the fever of 39degree doesn't subside..cos only yesterday i brought him to the doc...

Quote Originally Posted by iynix View Post
    Hi..hmm yup it the 3rd day but it the day before he get fever at nite till now..but the temp is like goin up and down..He doesn't throw out every feed it just that sometime when he drink his medicine..He got cough and pleghm(dont know whether is it this way to spell)..normally before he goin to vomit he will cough then vomit..he threw out milk but not totally the amount that he drank...i will bring him to Kandang Kerbau Hospital if the fever of 39degree doesn't subside..cos only yesterday i brought him to the doc...
    oic, its quite common if baby has cough and throws up milk feeds....las time baber has merlioned so many times and the sight of it really scares me to death lols~~~

ok from what i gathered from your description, yr baby seems fine and the fever should not be from the fall.....coz normally if babies are affected by the fall, they will cry nonstop, vomit persistently or almost every feed and cannot settle down after feeding etc....

*sayangz*

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by CanCanMum View Post
    oic, its quite common if baby has cough and throws up milk feeds....las time baber has merlioned so many times and the sight of it really scares me to death lols~~~

ok from what i gathered from your description, your baby seems fine and the fever should not be from the fall.....coz normally if babies are affected by the fall, they will cry nonstop, vomit persistently or almost every feed and cannot settle down after feeding etc....

*sayangz*
    oh really...thank goodness...i am so worry that it becos of the fall that cause him to have fever..oh ya just took his temp and the degree has drop to 37.6degree..i think becos of the medicine that he drank before he fall asleep...at least now i can go sleep peacefully but he will keep make noise like a while stop then later make noise again...I am so tired just now but just too worry that i cant sleep...oh ya i am pregnant with my no.2 now so maybe this cause mi feel more tired.. anyway thank for yr help and concern...

oh really...thank goodness...i am so worry that it becos of the fall that cause him to have fever..oh ya just took his temp and the degree has drop to 37.6degree..i think becos of the medicine that he drank before he fall asleep...at least now i can go sleep peacefully but he will keep make noise like a while stop then later make noise again...I am so tired just now but just too worry that i cant sleep...oh ya i am pregnant with my no.2 now so maybe this cause mi feel more tired.. anyway thank for your help and concern...
    oooohhh congrats~~~so you must take care of yourself too~~

yup just keep monitoring the fever will be fine.

take care ya.....any questions please feel free to post here~~~

Hi iynix, how high was the bed? My boy fell from the bed once also but he didn't have a fever. If the fever and vomitting still persists, I really recommend that you bring your baby to another doc for a 2nd opinion. Usually when I tell my pediatrician that my boy had fever and reach clinic no more fever, he will still treat my boy.

if your son is teething then it might not be due to the fall.
    what you shld do is the monitor his temp n note down the timing n temp.

Hi all,
    My baby is 7mth plus to 8mth.He had a fall from bed and had a fever at night..Brought him to the doc but when i reach there the temp drop and doc say he doesn't have any fever but after see doc he get his fever again.The 1st nite that he had a fall i fed him panadol syrup but he vomit out with the milk that he had drank.The next day morning he had a fever of 38.2degree that when i bring him to the doc who take his temp of 37.2degree which has drop but a while later he get fever of 38.0degree again..I fed him with the medicine but during midnight he keep crying and i took his temp of 39.2degree which is just now around 5am.I fed him with the medicine and he has fall asleep but i just cant stop worrying..Can anyone tell mi what shld i do...he doesn't vomit often when i feed him drink medicine but only sometime which make mi worry...I am sorry for being so nagging but i just feel so worry..
    Please rush him to the hospital.Better safe than sorry esp since fever after a fall n vomitting is not good.Hope everything checks out well..pls go NOW!!

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by jasobias View Post
    Please rush him to the hospital.Better safe than sorry esp since fever after a fall and vomitting is not good.Hope everything checks out well..pls go NOW!!
    Yes, better be safe than sorry. Go for 2nd opinion, or to KK for a checkup.

Some symptoms of head injury :
    Head injury (concussion) | BabyCenter

pls send him to hospital... no point guessing around.. go to hospital, let the doc check... if (touchwood) anything, can faster get treated. if doc say okay, at least you wont feel wry...

Female Attendant

hi all,my baby fever still have not subside yet...the fever is like up and down but mostly night the fever will go up...he now doesn't feel like eatin porriage so i gave him milk but sometime he wun finish the milk that he normally if no fever will drink finish...i am so worry but my mother in law say that he is teething so the fever is normal...the fever temp go up and down like 37.6 to 38.6...yesterday feed him drink medicine but he resist drinkin it..i really dont know what to do...he also have slight cough and plegm...hai...what shld i do...

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by diymummy View Post
    Hi iynix, how high was the bed? My boy fell from the bed once also but he didn't have a fever. If the fever and vomitting still persists, I really recommend that you bring your baby to another doc for a 2nd opinion. Usually when I tell my pediatrician that my boy had fever and reach clinic no more fever, he will still treat my boy.

Hi..the bed is not really high cos dont have bed frame...only mattress..the doc still gave mi fever medicine for him...

Female Attendant

hi..just called kk ask a nurse..they say that it ok for the time being as i has already bring my son to see family doc..but if condition worsen then bring him down...

hi all,my baby fever still have not subside yet...the fever is like up and down but mostly night the fever will go up...he now doesn't feel like eatin porriage so i gave him milk but sometime he wun finish the milk that he normally if no fever will drink finish...i am so worry but my mother in law say that he is teething so the fever is normal...the fever temp go up and down like 37.6 to 38.6...yesterday feed him drink medicine but he resist drinkin it..i really dont know what to do...he also have slight cough and plegm...hai...what shld i do...
    Hi iynix,

Teething fever will not go up to 38.6 degrees. Loss of appetite, fever and vomitting are all signs of the fall having an effect on your baby. And the fever has been persistent for more than 3 days. Please go down to KK. The nurse might not have heard you explaining clearly. It's better to let the doctor know. The doctors will know better.

pardon me, but pls dont listen to your mother in law too much.. as your baby's fever is so 'coincidental' alrdy! after the fall, he has been having fever and now his appetite decrease... i agree with diymummy, better bring him to hospital for a check.. really not good to delay...

continue to monitor the temperature, make sure it does not go too high.....

also dilute the milk intake might help, like if normally 4 spoonfuls to xxx ml, dilute to 3 spoonfuls to xxx ml ?

and let baby drink more fluids.

Or have you done all of the above already??? anything else that pediatrician has advised? Have you seen the pediatrician many times already but still doesnt help???

i also think you shld either seek a 2nd doc opinion or bring him to KK to check.
    better safe than sorry.

Female Attendant

Your son seems to be hving fever from viral infection(e.g flu), the temperature will go up and down like what you mentioned. Furthermore you mentioned he has cough and phlegm, which means he has not fully recovered from his previous flu infection. I do not think it's the fall that is causing the fever.

If there is too much phlegm in his lungs, he will vomit it out which it is the body's natural reflex to purge out whatever substance that is not supposed to be in the body. If you would like to try out traditional chinese medicine, it will help to dissolve your son's phlegm. Both my kids are take traditional chinese medicine whenever they are sick, it helps to dissolve the phlegm and they have never vomited phlegm. You can pm me for contacts.

For the time being, keep your baby warm and do not bathe him. Use a warm towel and wipe him. Make sure he do not get chills as this will make his fever go higher. Give him liquid food as he will not have appetite during fever. You can dilute his milk so that it will be easier for his stomach to digest. Give him a few small meals a day so that he can digest his food or else he will vomit it out cos his stomach can't take a lot of food right now. By keeping your son warm, it'll help him to perspire and will bring down his temperature. Do not let your son sleep in air con, you can have the fan blowing up to improve air circulation, but not directly at him. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by capricon; 15-10-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Female Attendant

Hi all...
    hmmm his fever has gone down not really high..he doesn't vomit anymore..he only vomit 2 time from that day and he still drink his milk normally it just that he couldn't finish all but finish 3/4 of it..i will bring him to doc tml if his fever still persist..i also worry that it the fall that causes the fever..can i know whether if it teething how long does the teeth start to grow out?

Worthy Lady

My baby had a fall from the bed too, but no fever and vomitting, Was worried too cause ppl say if vomit within 24hrs should bring him to doc. He is now teething but only diarhoea no fever. So far like 3wks now the teeth not fully out yet.. dont wait any longer to see doc if the fever still persist.

Congrats on yr second pregnancy.. Take Care

Hi all...
    hmmm his fever has gone down not really high..he doesn't vomit anymore..he only vomit 2 time from that day and he still drink his milk normally it just that he couldn't finish all but finish 3/4 of it..i will bring him to doc tml if his fever still persist..i also worry that it the fall that causes the fever..can i know whether if it teething how long does the teeth start to grow out?
    it varies from baby to baby~~~

but baber had his first 2 teeth at 4months

cannot remember how long it takes to spout that tooth, but by one year old he oredi had a full set of milk teeth

Female Attendant

hi all...
    My son fever has gone on the next day...thank all for the concern..but after fever he got rashes on his whole body but no worry the rashes has gone already...Ask the kk nurse they say maybe it the virus rash...which mean after virus fever then has this rash is ok ..but i also not sure whether is it virus fever cos doc also never tell mi so...but he got well already...hehe...really anxious to see his teeth grow...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast