Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mummies.. Help Needed Here!!

This is a discussion on Mummies.. Help Needed Here!! within the Baby, Toddler, Child Health Concerns forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; Baby Colic, Causes and Treatment Sodium Bicarbonate (a.k.a. Baking Soda). Sodium bicarbonate is an alkali (antacid) which alters the naturally ...

ang mo kio
    Re: Mummies.. Help Needed Here!!

Baby Colic, Causes and Treatment

Sodium Bicarbonate (a.k.a. Baking Soda). Sodium bicarbonate is an alkali (antacid) which alters the naturally occurring pH of baby's stomach acid. It may counteract some discomfort caused by acid reflux in cases of acidic stomach. However, changing the delicate pH balance in baby’s system can cause over-alkalinity and exacerbate a colicky condition. Furthermore, sodium bicarbonate is also absorbed into the bloodstream and thus can have unwanted side effects.
    For this reason, sodium bicarbonate containing products are not to be consumed by “children under 5 years of age”, as stated clearly on antacid and baking soda boxes

Gripe Water Woodwards

Woodward's Gripe Water contains oil of Dill herb and Sodium Bicarbonate and brings rapid relief of wind and gripe.
    Dill Seed Oil warms and relaxes the tummy, breaking down trapped air bubbles. Sodium Bicarbonate neutralises acid in the baby's tummy.

how? which brand gripe water you used? the one my mum bought is the woodwards one!! tsk.

precious jovier landed 26th june o9.
    世上只有妈妈好。-like that dont't need papa .

Imperial Concubine
    Re: Mummies.. Help Needed Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by happymummyo7 View Post
    the medicine he has to take 1ml 3 times a day. the gripe water states 5ml up to 4times a day. so i can feed baby his medicine then follow by the gripe water? no need like wait how long after his medicine?
    you want to check with your doc before giving both? Always safer to check with docs before mixing two meds esp for young bbs.

Maybe you can try the colic hold? Put baby on your forearm with the head on your palm and the body on your forearm.

Or the kangaroo methd? Remove baby's clothes and your top and place baby on your bare chest and let him hear your heartbeat? This mthd has been proven to work with premature bbs who thrived on the human touch, and who is calmed by the skin to skin contact.

does your baby cry for the whole day or just towards evening time? Maybe you can ask the doc whether it can be caused by something else like reflux? I used to think that my dear daughter had colic (3 pds told me so) until 1 pediatrician finally diagnosed her with reflux.
    Last edited by uddermummy; 05-08-2009 at 09:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2