This is a discussion on When to potty train the baby within the Baby, Toddler, Child Health Concerns forum, part of the Growing Up & Parenting category; When do you start potty train your baby?...
When do you start potty train your baby?
My colleague asked me to start now so he dont't have to ear by the age of 2. That is what happen to her nephew
When to start potty training is as early as possible but for me till now my dear son is 21mths alrdy we havent start the potty training coz he still not very good at expressing himself so we dont tink he is rdy to potty train yet~
its always good to start early or as soon as your toddler is ready to express themselves before they have the urge...but normally not smooth sailing after about 1 week or so of 'accidents' first....but their bladder can hold urine for about 2 hours....so initially we will tell him to go shi shi every two hours to start toilet training.
My mum in law start potty training in the day when my son was about 1.5 years old. She estimate the timing that he will pee and sits him at the potty with some toys for him to play.Once he pee, she take him off the potty. After about a week plus, he get used to pee in the potty. But night time was very diffcult, only recently at 4 years 3 months than successfully toilet train.
For night toilet training, it was very diffcult also. Did not follow some advice of settting alarm clock and waking up to get the child to pee. Partly successfully also because I am with 2nd boy and now 32 weeks. In January,start to wake up middle of night. So will ask my son to go to the potty to pee and he was a good boy and listen to me. Did the following in stages:
1) Remove night diaper after 3 or 4 hours and notice that dear son is able to be dry for a period of time
2) Train him to get up of bed and go to the potty himself if happen to wake up in the middle of the night. Initially, they will struggle as they just want to sleep! He usually ask for milk early morning at 6:30am. So will ask him to go to the potty to pee before giving him milk. After the pee and milk, he will continue sleeping.
2) Stop giving milk at night just before he sleeps
3) Limit water intake after dinner which is around 7:30pm
4) Make sure he pee before getting to sleep
5) After he get use to going to the potty to pee, if his diaper is dry after 2 hours, will ask him to go potty to pee and remove his diaper.
6) Finally, decide to try if he will wet his bed if we dont't do ask him to pee after 2 hours as we find that he has much better bladder control already.
There were few occassions when he pee on the bed and I got really angry. So maybe he also got scared to see me lost my temper. Accident still happend but has been much less, the most is he wet his pants a little bit and will he quickly get to the potty.
my baby boy oreadi 3mth+, n he know how to pee when i use a portable tong..i take out his diaper n say shee shee, he pee inside the tong. my grandma teach him when he was 2mth old...he last two weeks ago, know how to poo poo inside the m tong.
i started when my son is 1 yr+ and he is totally off diapers at 18mths.
eh, bumbo no hole below ... how to poo poo... though i think they should try to make one with a hole.. multipurpose chair then...
Wah, you all potty train so early?
I only started when my girl is about 2 years old. Now I only gotta wear for her diapers at night in case accidents happen...