not all ntucs have all sushi ingredients
i always go to the Cold Storage at Bugis to buy (Keep aside at least $60 for all the ingredients)
1) Sushi bamboo - you need this to roll the sushi
2) Seaweed - Sushi + handroll kind
3) Sushi Vinegar
4) Sushi Rice - get the "Song He" brand, small pack about $11+
5) Crab sticks - get the japanese kind not the house brand kind
6) Mayonese - Important, get those Tube Kind in jap words (plastic tube with no brands printed outside), those are meant for sushi making. Do not get the ang mo brands in a glass bottle kind (eg: Best Foods or Kraft)
7) Tuna in canned form - best is chunks soaked in oil kind.
8) The orange colour fish roe - this is a must. Go to the sushi section to buy.
9) Beancurd skin - if you r lazy to make can buy ready ones. Sushi section also have
10) japanese cucumber - slim dark green colour ones
11) sweetened egg chunk - also get from sushi section
12) avocado if you want to make california handroll
All the above ingredients can make you about 5-6 varieties already.
A) Cucumber + crab sticks + fish roe + rice + seaweed + mayonese = california roll
B) crab sticks mashed + mayonese + fish roe + beancurd skin + rice = crab salad beancurd skin
C) tuna + mayo + beancurd skin + rice = tuna salad beancurd skin
D) rice + fish roe + seaweed = fish roe gunkan sushi
E) egg + rice + seaweed = egg gunkan sushi
F) cucumber + avocado + mayo + fish roe + rice + handroll seaweed = california handroll
you can mix and match the ingredients to your liking. Or you can invent a new sushi yourself.
tempura is a bit troublesome coz you need the right temperature to fry it nice. Need a deep fryer.
chawanmushi i have not tried. But seems like normal steamed egg custard.