Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My IVF Success Story

This is a discussion on My IVF Success Story within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Trying to get pregnant? Dream DO come true. Please listen when you have time & be inspired. I did! https://youtu.be/Ea-6DwCEIW8...

Re: My IVF Success Story

Trying to get pregnant? Dream DO come true. Please listen when you have time & be inspired. I did!

https://youtu.be/Ea-6DwCEIW8
    Last edited by Kokura; 15-11-2015 at 11:39 AM.

This song made me feel that this IS the song I have been waiting to hear since I started on this journey. I cry whenever I hear it, especially when I see the animation of the fertilized embryo implanting itself into the uterine lining. If you are trying to conceive via IVF or ICSI, this is the scene you should take note of. This song is best listened with your earphones on. Feel free to listen to it again & again.
    Last edited by Kokura; 20-11-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Hey ladies,

Here is an important message from Andrew Loosely Chinese Medicine Fertility Expert, Author and Speaker.

In the last 2 working weeks of December alone, 5 of my clients conceived their babies.
    Let my team and I help you too!
    Join me and my whole Natural Fertility Expert Team as we kick of the new year with 2016's first Fertility Question Time, onThursday 7th January 2016 at 8pm UK time.
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR FREE PLACE NOW

If you're new to FQT, it's a FREE online event that you can listen to from the comfort and privacy of your home, and it's packed full of great information on how you can transform your fertility health!
    To get you on the right track from the start of the year, we’ll be talking about:
    How to Get Pregnant Naturally and with IVF – The 4 best treatments to prepare you for natural or assisted conception and pregnancy
    We'll be discussing:

• How you can construct your fertility journey and turn it into a simple 3 step plan that takes the confusion and overwhelm away
    • How to put together a strategy for your journey in 2016, so that you know exactly what your best next steps should be
    • What the 4 best natural fertility treatments and support are, so that you can begin to truly transform your fertility health and get you closer to your goal of having your baby.

There will also be a fantastic special offer, limited to just 20 people to each receive over 700 ($1000 US) worth or FREE treatment and support from my world leading team, when each person buys a 12-week Baby Creating Plan with me!
    You can hear more details at the event.

This free online event will give you great insight into the 4 best treatments to use; how to construct your fertility journey; how to transform your fertility health naturally and for IVF preparation; and how to bring it all together to give you the best possible chance and get you to your goal of having you baby!
    Please also send in your questions and we'll answer as many as we can between the four of us!

** EVENT DETAILS **

When:
    Thursday 7th January 2016, 8pm UK time

Topic:
    How to Get Pregnant Naturally or with IVF – The 4 best treatments to prepare you for natural or assisted conception and pregnancy

Speakers: The whole Natural Fertility Expert Team:

Andrew Loosely - Chinese Medicine Fertility Expert, Author and Speaker and creator of The Baby Creating Plan.

Sarah Holland - Fertility Emotional Wellbeing Expert

Clare Blake - Fertility Massage Expert

Angela Heap - Fertility Nutrition Expert

Access:
    Free access by web or local number rate by phone - access provided once you register.

Once you register you will receive login details to attend the event.

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2016!

Best wishes

Andrew Loosely | Chinese Medicine Fertility Expert, Author and Speaker

Lic.OHM, DCHAc, Dip.CH, MURHP, MCMIR
    Creator of The Baby Creating Plan - The 3 Step Formula to Having Your Baby
    www.NaturalFertilityExpert.com
    Published Author, Writer and Presenter for:

Why it's Vital to Prepare Emotionally for IVF and the Many Benefits it Can Bring ~ February FQT

The ‘what ifs?’ form a huge part of every fertility journey, including the IVF process. “What if I’m successful, but then again what if I’m not?”

IVF cycles can be lead to life changing outcomes, but they can also be one of the most stressful experiences because it’s impossible to know the final result in advance.

With IVF success rates averaging around 24%, it is important to be guardedly optimistic about a positive outcome, and it’s also important to be realistic about the possibility of failure.

IVF is a big investment, not just financially but also in terms of your time, energy and emotions. There will be highs, lows and unexpected challenges along the way, and preparing yourself emotionally will ensure you are ready for any outcome.

Join Andrew Loosely and the wonderful Sarah Holland, Fertility Emotional Wellbeing Expert, for this month’s Fertility Question Time as we discuss: ‘Why it's Vital to Prepare Emotionally for IVF and the Many Benefits it Can Bring.’

Sarah will be sharing her incredible knowledge and over 15 years of fertility emotional wellbeing expertise to explain:

• How you can take control of your emotions with coping techniques and strategies
    • How using EFT can help you to address potential challenges and emotional issues that may occur during your cycle including the Two Week Wait
    • The importance of communication and having a good emotional support system in place

CLICK HERE NOW TO REGISTER YOUR FREE PLACE

They’ll also be answering your questions, so send in any questions by clicking the link above and registering for the live event.

Once you’re registered Andrew Loosely will remind you of the event as they get nearer to it, but here are the details in advance:

** EVENT DETAILS **

When:
    Thursday 25th February 2016, 8pm UK time (timezone converter here)

Topic:
    Why it's Vital to Prepare Emotionally for IVF and the Many Benefits it Can Bring

Speakers:

Andrew Loosely - Chinese Medicine Fertility Expert, Author and Speaker and creator of The Baby Creating Plan

Sarah Holland - Fertility Emotional Wellbeing Expert

Access:
    Free access by web or local number rate by phone - access provided once you register.

Once you register you will receive login details to attend the event.

Yes, this event is absolutely FREE. No gimmicks. Once you click on the link, you can ask them questions too! So feel free to type whatever fertility questions that may be bothering you.

Hey ladies, remember I wrote about Russell Davis? He is a UK based Fertility Cognitive Hypnotherapist, writer and speaker who has just found a way of getting his Fertile Mind Mind-Body programme accessible to more people. It's now available online to do at your own pace! I strongly suggest that you sign up for his programme because it will enable you to find an inner sense of well-being on this stressful fertility journey. Inner sense of well-being is so very important! This is especially whenever we receive a bloody report, friend/friend's friend/colleague/relative/ announces her BFP, or even when a pregnant woman walks past you! Yes!!! I strongly believe that our body will work to our benefit when we can give it the most conducive environment for making a baby. Stress, anger, jealousy are all NOT needed! Do click on his link below.

The purpose of the programme is to spend a couple of weeks focussing on Project You rather than Project Baby. Doing so can actually buy you time and rewind the biological clock as your mind and body come back to its more harmonious state.

Over six modules we cover:

Your Grounding - creating the optimal psychological state for success and emotional resilience.

You Mind and Your Body - your unconscious mind controls all your bodily functions and sometimes it can do with a little helping hand.

Support - it can be a very lonely journey find out how to feel more supported and understood on the journey.

Relationships - the journey can put a great strain on the best of relationships. Some practical tools and techniques to help you foster a closeness and understanding.

"It made me see life from a different perspective and dont't feel so bogged now. I'm sure this made a positive impact on me and do think it contributed to why I managed to be pregnant."

"Your program was excellent!"

"I wish could have done this course (or an equivalent) five years ago,when the grief after my first miscarriage was all-consuming and the quest to get pregnant again took over my entire life (and not in a good way!)"

To celebrate the launch Russell is am offering this to his subscribers for 50% off over this weekend. So for you the cost of the course to only 47 (circa $67). It comes complete with a range of resources and tools including a full copy of my fertility hypnosis programmes each worth 37/57.

***Get started here***
    Fertility Mind Body Programme

"Russell, would recommend you to anyone! Thanks again."

Your own positive mind plan for pregnancy

I often talk to my clients about how your emotional well-being can affect your physical well-being; how achieving a strong mind-body connection can have a positive and powerful influence on your chances at conception.

I advise all my clients to create their own Positive Mind Plan, to help them achieve this connection, feel more relaxed and regain the control that they feel to have lost. But where do you start with your own positive mind plan? It’s important to remember that only you and you alone know how you are feeling and no two positive mind plans are the same. However, they all start with the same questions……

1. What is your current situation and what are you trying to achieve? (in addition to the baby)
    2. What is the reality of your situation and how is that affecting how you think, feel and behave?
    3. What obstacles exist that could stop you from making positive changes in your life?

For most of us, these are the personal and intimate questions that we are most afraid of approaching: we are constantly terrified to admit that we are scared and understand why. But the whole idea of a positive mind plan is to safely explore how you feel, find new techniques with which to overcome your fears and use them to maintain that positive mind-body connection that helps you feel in control of your situation and in turn, increases your chances of conception.
    Here are some proven techniques and methods that you could consider when creating your own Positive Mind Plan:

Action Plan
    A clear plan of action is key! Make sure it includes lots of things that make you happy as well as the logistics of any fertility investigations or treatments that you may be involved with.

Positive Affirmations

These are carefully worded, personal, positive statement that you repeat and must be in the present tense. Start by listing all your negative thoughts about pregnancy, like “The doctor says I only have a 5% chance of getting pregnant”, and then turn them into positive ones, “I am one of the 5%”. Make these statements your new mantras: write them down, say them out loud in the morning and before bed and keep them close to your heart at all times.

Visualisation Techniques

Why not listen to a CD of guided meditation? Maybe you could take up yoga? Whatever you choose, try and practice a visualisation or stress-reduction technique for around 20 minutes each day.

Keep a Journal

It is often so hard to put feelings into words, but a journal can be a perfect way to just allow thoughts to flow freely in a totally uninhibited way. You may never read it back again, but at least your emotions are on paper rather than bottled up in your mind.

Do Something You Enjoy

Allow yourself to be happy! Catch up with friends over a coffee, listen to your favourite song, indulge in simple, daily pleasures that give you pure enjoyment.

Exercise

Doing some form of exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Whether it’s walking, running or something totally different, exercise releases the endorphins needed to maintain a positive state of mind.

Therapies

Some of the therapies that we commonly recommend include art therapy, hypnotherapy and counselling – feel free to explore just one or all of them and find what works for you.

Taken from Zita West Fertility Clinic website. IVF Clinic | Fertility Clinic | The Zita West Clinic London

Are your emotions affecting your fertility?

One of the questions I ask all my clients is ‘Is there anything happening psychologically or emotionally for you that could actually be stopping you from getting pregnant?’ You shouldn’t have to dig too deep, most women will know if there is something lurking in the background.
    There’s no question about it: Your emotional health may on some level affect your ability to conceive. Our thoughts and the way we think determined our emotional and physical state. I feel that negativity and negative thoughts can, at some level, act as a block when trying for a baby.
    It is obvious to me that helping my clients deal with their emotions helps them conceive. Most Western medicine is concerned with sorting issues on a physical level, but I like to take a look at the whole picture: the grief, the anger, the frustration, the guilt and the laughter are all part of what I share every day.
    In Chinese medicine, thoughts are energy, waiting to be used skilfully through our emotions. While it is appropriate to feel anger, frustration, grief etc, it is being able to manage these emotions, understand them and let them go that is important for health.

• Try to identify the cause of negative thinking, and how long these kinds of thoughts have been with you.
    • Try to think back to where you first heard them, ie your mother, a family member, a doctor.
    • Consider whether these thoughts cause you stress.
    • Look at the people around you and how they are reacting to you.
    • Remember, that whenever you work towards supporting yourself physically, through improved diet, gentle exercise, better relaxation and improved sleep, how you feel emotionally will also improve.

At the Zita West clinic, we also recommend hypnotherapy as a tool for managing emotions. Hypnotherapy allows fears to be expressed in a safe way, and helps men and women gain a realistic assessment of their needs and desires.
    Maureen Kiely, our clinical hypnotherapist, says: ‘Many of the clients I see have had their confidence shattered by their inability to conceive, or maintain a pregnancy to full term. My role is to help them build their belief in the possibility of pregnancy and giving birth. For others, there are unexplained issues which contribute to this sense of failure or disbelief in themselves. Some of these issues or blocks may be hampering fertility or conception.’

Here are some hints from Maureen to help you get started.

• Imagine the mind has a control room marked ‘Fertility and reproduction.’ You have the key. Go into that room and see the controls for your fertility. Imagine the dial and turn the levels up and down as you wish. You can return and check to make any further adjustments as and when required.
    • If you are going through IVF, imagine a good healthy environment for your embryos. Picture a rich, vibrant red cushion with ‘Welcome’ written on it. Imagine the embryos burrowing and nestling in, warm, safe and secure. Imagine them being protected and guarded by your vigilant subconscious mind.
    • Picture yourself in a warm, tranquil , safe environment like a garden on a summer’s day, pushing a pram back and forth, singing a baby to sleep.
    • Give yourself free reign. Allow yourself to be creative, free, unselfconscious and prepared to follow your heart’s wishes.

Taken from Zita West Fertility Clinic website. IVF Clinic | Fertility Clinic | The Zita West Clinic London

Can you really ‘count’ your eggs?

You may have read in the press a lot recently about ‘egg counting’. This is misleading because you cannot actually ‘count’ the number of eggs you have left. However, what you can do is use a test that assesses what your egg reserves are likely to be.

How the test is done

At the Zita West Clinic we can check your fertility status with our Fertility MOT Home Test Kit. A key part of our MOT service is a quick and easy-to-use pin-prick based blood test that assesses your AMH (Anti-mullerian Hormone), a substance produced by the ovaries. The level of AMH correlates with your ovarian reserve. Your ovarian reserve declines with age.
    This AMH result will not however, tell us about the quality of your eggs but we do know that this too declines with age. As a basic principle, if your AMH does come back low indicting low reserves but you are in your late 20’s early 30’s the number of eggs you do have are likely to be chromosomally normal – your egg quality should be good. The older you are the more chromosomally abnormal your eggs are likely to be. This is why it is harder to get pregnant at an older age.
    A big positive with home testing is that it can make you take action sooner rather than later. Zita West
    The positive side to home testing is that it can make you take action sooner rather and later. However, each woman has a different fertility age and sometimes these tests create more concern than necessary. A low AMH test does not mean to say you won’t get pregnant. It is only a vague indicator of your natural fertility potential; there is simply not enough research to decipher a trend as we have seen some women with an extremely low AMH level get pregnant naturally. Remember, there are so many different shades of grey in fertility; AMH only tells you one part of a very unique and complex picture.

To do or not to do….

You always need to think ahead. For every test there is always a result. I have seen so many women devastated when they get a result they’re not expecting or have been told by a professional that they’re never going to get pregnant. If you’re not in a relationship and do not want a baby alone, you need to think carefully about taking this test and whether it is the best thing for you. I have seen single women panic and rush to get their AMH levels, only to cause great repercussions in future relationships.
    Where it is useful is that it can predict how well you’re likely to respond to IVF drugs, which can help you to decide whether to start planning fertility treatment.
    The service we offer at the Zita West Clinic, is a home test kit which includes a detailed questionnaire. Once the results come in, there is someone at the end of the phone to give you advice and help develop a plan of action if one is necessary.

Antral Follicle Count

Further investigation is sometimes necessary and this would normally take the form of an ultrasound scan that measures the antral follicles to estimate your ovarian reserve. This is called an Antral Follicle Count (AFC). Antral follicles are small resting follicles on the ovary, about 2-8mm in diameter that indicate how many primordial follicles the ovary contains. Inside each primordial follicle is an immature egg that has the potential to develop in the future. The AFC is a representation of the number of eggs left – not an absolute number.
    So, despite speculation in the media, there is no definitive way to ‘count’ how many viable eggs a woman has left. Whatever stage you’re at, I believe that with the right help and support you can have a much clearer view of your fertility and what steps you need to take, so you can stop ‘counting’ and start acting.

Eat for your monthly cycle

We often hear the word ‘regular’ with reference to a woman’s ideal cycle. Medically speaking regular is any cycle that varies in length by no more than seven days month to month. If the cycle fluctuates more than this then it is said to be irregular.

It is likely that a major cause of irregular cycles is hormonal imbalances. There is a strong link between diet and hormones, which means the right nutrition at the right time of the month can make a big difference when it comes to getting your cycle into a healthier pattern.
    I have come up with an ‘Eat Yourself Pregnant Diet Plan’ that encourages you to eat the right foods to balance your hormones in order to make your cycle more predictable and conception more likely. And of course, I always stipulate general healthy eating and a good, nutrition-rich diet as a whole.
    Eating Right for Your cycle

There are 4 phases to your cycle and each of these have important nutritional requirements to maintain stability.
    Phase 1 of your cycle

Many women feel the hormonal shift on the very first day of their period – pent up tension falls away and a sense of relief and calm ensues. However, you could also feel a little lethargic. Try to enjoy some quiet time when this happens and avoid exercising, treating yourself to an early night or two if possible.
    This is the time for warm, nourishing foods. Choose foods rich in iron and vitamin C as these will help to replenish the iron that you lose with your period. Vitamin B rich foods will help you to regain some energy.
    Good sources of Vitamin C
    • Fruits and vegetables

Good sources of iron
    • Lean red meat
    • Pumpkin seeds
    • Beans and pulses
    • Dreid apricots and raisins
    • Shellfish
    • Dark green leafy vegetables

Good sources of B-vitamins
    • Whole grains
    • Lamb, beef, poultry
    • Shellfish
    • Eggs and dairy
    • Leafy Green vegetables
    • Yeast extract

Phase 2 of your cycle

This phase can vary in length from month to month. Oestrogen is on the rise as your body prepares for ovulation and during this time many women feel great – attractive, flirty, full of libido and energy.
    During this phase, stock up on your B-Vitamins which are important for hormonal balance and healthy cell division (a crucial part of baby making).
    Lecithin will help to keep your cell membranes healthy. Keep eating Vitamin C rich foods as this is thought to increase the amount of water in your cervical mucus, making it more plentiful. Also eat foods rich in capsaicin, isoflavones and L-arginine which all help the body make nitric acid. This dilates your blood vessels easing blood flow through your whole system – good news for your reproductive organs.
    Important at this stage is to support your immune system as it needs be in optimum condition for a healthy implantation to occur. So ensure you are getting enough Vitamin D through exposure to sunlight, eating salmon and sardines or shitake mushrooms or top up with a vitamin D supplement.
    Good sources of Lecithin
    • Eggs
    • Dairy
    • Green leafy vegetables
    • Legumes
    • Seafood

Good sources of Capsaicin
    • Hot peppers

Good sources of Isoflavones
    • Soy beans and soy flour
    • Tofu
    • Tempeh
    • Miso

Good sources of L-arginine
    • Meats
    • Fish
    • Seafood
    • Eggs and dairy
    • Nuts, seeds, wheat-germ

Phase 3 of your cycle

This is the luteal phase of your cycle and betacarotene-rich foods are the important ingredient to include in your diet during this time. The corpus luteum (the ruptured ovarian follicle that produces progesterone to thicken the womb lining, close the cervix and maintain a pregnancy) contains a high level of betacarotene. This nutrient is a powerful anti-oxidant that helps protect your cells from damage.
    Good sources of betacarotene
    • Butternut squash
    • Carrots
    • Collards
    • Kale
    • Spinach
    • Sweet Potato
    • Mustard Greens

Phase 4 of your cycle

If no fertilization has occurred your hormone levels begin to fall and you may begin to feel lethargic again. Many women crave sweet foods at this time. Allow yourself the odd treat – An effective diet comes down to the 80:20 rule – allow yourself some leeway to enjoy treats up to 20% of the time. The important thing to remember in order to keep your hormones steady is to keep your blood sugar balance stable, so dont’t go overboard on refined carbohydrates. Instead, stick to slow release carbohydrates
    Good sources of Slow Release Carbohydrates
    • Beans and pulses
    • Vegetables
    • Whole grains
    • Berries and citrus fruits

The best option to maintain your blood sugar balance is to combine these with good protein sources along with good fats – polyunsaturated and mono-unsaturated fats.
    Following these recommendations should help in removing the uncertainty over when your ovulation occurs and also help mood and energy levels throughout your cycle by balancing your blood sugar levels and hormones. For more on ovulation, Fertility Nurse and Midwife at the Clinic, Jane Knight answers your questions on Ovulation in this blog post – Ovulation Facts.
    My book Eat Yourself Pregnant contains many more hints and tips on getting your body baby ready and includes 80 delicious recipes to help provide you and your partner with the nutrients you need when you are trying to conceive.
    Our Clinic offers nutritional consultations for couples looking to prepare for conception. These can either be in person at our London Fertility Clinic or by video conference from the comfort of your own home.

• Ovulation facts

How much do you know about ovulation? We answer the most frequently asked questions from women trying to conceive.

Q. Can you ovulate twice in one month?
      A. Yes. But this is fairly rare, and is what happens in the case of non-identical twins. If ovulation happens twice it is always within 24 hours. So your fertile time will still be over the same few days of your cycle.

Q. How long can the sperm survive?
      A. Sperm can live for 2-3 days inside a woman’s body. However, during the optimum conditions which accompany the ovulation time it can survive for up to a week.

Q. How long am I fertile for each month?
      A. The vast majority of pregnancies occur due to intercourse in the six day period before ovulation occurs. This fertile window will generally occur earlier in shorter cycles and later in longer cycles.

Q. I have regular periods. Does this prove my ovulation is normal?
      A. Regular periods can occur even if ovulation has not occurred, so are not necessarily a sign you have ovulated during your cycle.

Q. How can be certain I have ovulated?
      A. With great difficulty! Currently there are only three ways to confirm that ovulation is occurring: being pregnant; an ultrasound scan showing a collapsed follicle or a blood test showing a raised progesterone level.

Q. What is a progesterone test and should I have one?
      A. A progesterone test can show ovulation has occurred, but needs to be taken on day 21 of a 28 day cycle. At this time raised progesterone levels will show that ovulation has occurred. Whilst the absence of raised levels will show if no ovulation has taken place.

Q. How accurate is temperature at indicating ovulation?
      A. An accurately taken waking temperature can give some idea of the possible presence or absence of ovulation and any ovulatory problems, but temperature recordings are not conclusive and can be stressful so are not generally recommended.

Q. Should I use a predictor kit?
      A. Some women find these useful, but they should be used alongside understanding of how your cervical secretions chance during fertiles times. An ovulation predictor kit tests for a surge in luteinising hormone. Ovulation normally follows within 36 hours of the LH surge, but a positive LH test does not always indicate that ovulation will follow.

Q. What should I be looking for in my cervical secretions?
      A. During fertile times oestrogen changes cervical secretions to allow sperm to live longer in the woman’s body, and enter the womb more easily. Typically fertile secretions are wetter, slippery and more stretchy. To maximise the chance of conception, sex should occur on days with optimal mucus quality, regardless of the exact timing relative to ovulation.

Q. I’ve noticed as I get older I have less secretions – is this a problem?
      A. Not necessarily. And plenty of water and good quality dietary fats can help. But it is very important to ascertain whether secretions have diminished due to age, or other factors such as hormonal imbalance or poor follicular development – this is where egg growth is not sufficiently stimulated in the ovaries.

Q. The time between ovulation and my period seems to have got shorter. Why is this?
      A. As women age, ovulation becomes less frequent and the interval between ovulation and the next period (luteal phase) may be deficient or shortened. This may be a normal part of the ageing process or may have other causes. However, if there are less than 10 days from ovulation to the next period, there is not enough time for a fertilised egg to implant in the endometrium (womb lining).

Q. Which lifestyle factors most impact on ovulation?
      A. Stress can have a large impact because it disrupts hormones associated with fertility. Weight fluctuations can also have an impact, and being underweight can be more detrimental to fertility than being slightly overweight. Other health issues such as anaemia and medications can have an impact. As can smoking, excess alcohol and poor diet.

Q. I think I might have a problem with my thyroid. Can that affect fertility?
      A. The thyroid gland is like the body’s thermostat, releasing hormones to speed up your metabolism and burn more fuel, or slow down and conserve energy. Issues like stress and illness can affect the thyroid, disrupting its natural processes. And since your hormones are interrelated this can affect fertility.

Q. I’ve just come off the pill. How long will it take for my cycles to return?
      A. This varies from person to person. The first month after you stop taking the pill is usually a particularly fertile cycle. After this ovulation can be disrupted for a few months in most women. For others it may take longer for ovulation to return to a normal pattern, despite regular periods.

Q. I’m breastfeeding. What affect does this have on my fertility?
      A. Breast-feeding suppresses ovulation and it may take a while after stopping breast-feeding for a normal ovulatory pattern to return, despite seemingly normal periods.

Q. Can I time intercourse to affect the sex of the baby?
      A. No. When you have sex makes no difference to the gender of the baby.

Q. How often should we be having sex?
      A. Three to four times a week is ideal. This will ensure a healthy amount of active sperm is always present to fertilise the egg. Sex should also happen in enough time prior to ovulation for the sperm to ready themselves in the fallopian tubes.

For more information on ovulation, timing sex to conceive, investigations into ovulation problems or unusual patterns of cervical secretions, you may like to arrange a fertility awareness consultation with Jane Knight, fertility nurse specialist.

Last edited by Kokura; 04-04-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Why diet is AS important for men as it is for women when it comes to having a baby

Recent research has found that men need to focus on their diet just as much as women when it comes to creating a healthy baby. So following on from my previous blog post – 6 Top Tips To Boost Sperm Health – here are my top 4 most important nutrients for male fertility:
    Vitamin B9 (folate)

This helps to prevent miscarriages and birth defects when mothers get adequate amounts in their diet, but the father’s levels may be just as important to the development and health of the baby.
    Top Vitamin B9 rich foods include:Green leafy vegetables – cereals – fruit
    Carnitine Rich Foods: Get the Beef in!

Sperm cells have to travel farther than any other single human cell—and they need a tremendous amount of energy in order to make the trek. Carnitine is a natural occurring amino acid that helps your body convert fat into energy– this can give sperm a real energy boost. Carnitine can also help reduce oxidative stress, which may damage sperm too.
    Top carnitine rich foods include: Beef – Pork – Cod – Whole milk – Chicken breast.
    Get the Fats In: Omega 3s

Omega 3 fats are essential components of cell membranes including sperm cells. They’re also precursors to eicosanoids that play essential roles in human reproduction. Higher omega-3 levels and ratios between omega 3 and omega 6 fats are directly correlated with improved sperm motility, concentration, and structure.
    Top Omega 3 rich foods include: Oily fish such as mackerel, sardines and salmon – Flaxseeds – Chia seeds
    Supplements of omega 3 fats containing DHA and EPA fats have been shown to improve total sperm count and concentration. If you’ve been struggling to get pregnant, following an omega 3 rich Mediterranean-style diet may boost your chance of successful pregnancy by 40%.
    Vitamin D

Making sure your vitamin D level is optimal is important as this has been linked to sperm motility and normal structure. Normally we get most of our vitamin D from sunlight, but working longer hours and living in a climate where there aren’t as many hours of sunlight a day does mean it’s easy to be deficient.
    As there is little of this important nutrient found in food the main option for boosting your levels is through a daily supplement.
    Find out more about how nutrition can impact on fertility and pregnancy
    View our range of nutritional supplements

Traditional Chinese Medicine for modern fertility

Chinese medicine is a very effective treatment for fertility/infertility. Acupuncture alone can be a very important tool, however the treatment of infertility according to Chinese Medicine principles never takes place in isolation. We need to look at lifestyle, dietary, emotional and other factors that are just as important if we want to optimize one’s fertility potential. Here, I will be giving some general and practical advice to help you with conception.
    If you have had acupuncture before for fertility, I am sure that your therapist told you to keep your low abdomen warm. In this way, the blood circulation to the pelvic organs will be maximized, creating a ‘cosy’ environment for egg/sperm production, fertilization and implantation.

In Chinese Medicine environmental factors can have a major influence on one’s internal environment.

Most of the time here in the UK, the weather is cold and damp so we have to make sure that we wrap up properly and keep ourselves warm. In the old days in China for example women didn’t wash their hair when they were menstruating as they believed that they were exposing their bodies to cold and this can lead to disease. These days we have warm houses and hairdryers however occasionally I catch my early morning clients coming in for treatment with wet hair. That’s why I always warn them to dry their hair before they go out in the cold. Also keep your feet warm too and wear appropriate shoes according to weather. dont’t wear sandals or slippers if it’s too cold or wet outside.

To keep our bodies warm we need to eat warm and cooked food too. The last meal shouldn’t be too late either and in that way we are helping our spleen to transform our food efficiently for optimal absorption. In Chinese Medicine one of the major functions of the spleen is to provide our bodies with fuel that is extracted from the food and fluids we consume. That fuel is very important to support the reproductive system with energy as all the stages of reproduction is very much energy dependent. So if you feel tired in general, your spleen might be under performing, making conception harder. To maintain the spleen’s function you have to cut out on excessive sugar consumption, omitting fried foods and eat as much warm, cooked and good quality of food as possible.

Sleep is another important factor to enhance fertility and that’s not just the number of hours of sleep, but the quality of sleep too. When we sleep certain hormones are released which allow the body to regenerate, grow and repair damaged tissues and cells and strengthen the immune system. Studies suggest that both male and female fertility can be adversely affected by sleep deprivation or disrupted sleep patterns. So if you are one of those who go to sleep too late make sure that you are in bed by no later than 11pm. If you find difficult to fall asleep then perhaps listen to some guided meditation or something soothing that will help you to unwind.

And finally I would like to talk about stress. Interestingly, some of the women I treat are not even aware that they are under stress. They have hectic lifestyles with very busy jobs, they are constantly multi tasking, flying from one end of the world to the other end within short period of times and constantly meeting deadlines. They often dont’t eat regularly, their meals are mostly cold and lacking in nutrients and dont’t get to bed until after midnight.

Often they tell me they love their jobs and they dont’t feel excessively tired but this is not an ideal lifestyle for conception. They dont’t realize that actually they are running on their reserves, making it difficult for their bodies to maintain harmony and balance.

In Chinese Medicine, we say that they are depleting their ‘Essence’ or ‘Jing’, the latter of which is stored in the Kidneys and nourishes, fuels and cools the body. I think it’s fair to say that the ‘Jing’ provides the material basis for healthy eggs and semen. It is believed that we are born with a fixed amount of Jing and if we pursue a balanced and healthy lifestyle then we can preserve this precious source. I understand that sometimes it seems impossible to change one’s lifestyle radically to preserve Jing however since I have been helping women to conceive either naturally or through assisted conception the ones who make those changes seem to have better outcomes.

Last edited by Kokura; 04-04-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Can I improve the quality of my eggs?

One of the questions women constantly ask me is if there is anything that can be done to improve the quality of their eggs. We know that a woman is born with all of the eggs she will ever possess and these are her most precious, valuable commodity. Egg health is the cornerstone to fertility and they need to be nourished in order to mature, ovulate, fertilise, implant and finally, make a baby.
    The amount and quality of the eggs are genetically determined and reduce over the years, but the environment the eggs are growing in can be affected by lifestyle factors just like any other cell in the body.
    I always think of the egg as being magnificent. Once released when ovulated it is 550 times bigger than the sperm and is the largest cell in the body. Prior to ovulation, it matures in a fluid-filled follicle and needs energy for the journey ahead. An egg lives up to 24 hours, so in this short window of time, it needs to be as healthy as it can be.

Good hormonal fuel

The right hormones are required in the right amount at the right time during the menstrual cycle to grow, mature and ovulate an egg. Many women struggle during a cycle and are ruled by moods, foods and hormones. They also struggle with blood sugar balance, but regulating blood sugar by cutting sugars from the diet all help. Inositol from Zita West Products helps to regulate blood sugar and is an important component of follicular fluid. Remember; stress, lack of sleep and exhaustion all affect hormonal balance, and increased stress hormones can be detrimental to egg health.

Good energy

The egg cell requires different nutrients for different parts. The outer layer (the cell membrane) requires essential fatty acids Omega 3 and DHA. The powerhouse of the egg (the mitochondria) needs energy for when the egg divides after fertilization; CoQ10 works with enzymes, which help to cause chemical changes within the body, particularly energy production, and is needed for the reproductive system. B vitamins and Zinc are also needed for cell division after fertilisation.

Protection from free radicals

We all know that free radicals attack the cells and speed up the ageing process when it comes to beauty, but did you know that they are as important and necessary for healthy fertility? Everything in the body is made of cells that need to be protected from free radicals and this includes the egg and sperm, as well as all of the reproductive organs. Free radicals are a by-product of our metabolism, and, although they’re and needed at low levels, if you drink, smoke and have a poor diet, it increases your free radical load, which in turn damages the egg. The great thing is that a diet rich in antioxidants neutralises free radicals, so bright coloured fruit and veg will give you plenty of ammunition, but also use a supplement containing Vitamin C, Selenium and Pine Bark such as Zita West’s Vitafem Boost.

Nourishment

Protein provides the building blocks to healthy eggs and hormones; protein from fish, chicken and meat as well as vegetable sources are all crucial to egg health. One quarter of infertility cases relate to ovulation disorders, although recent studies have suggested that too high a protein diet can negatively impact fertility, but that dietary changes can improve or maintain the proper function of the ovaries and therefore enhance your chances of getting pregnant. Whole milk products and vegetable protein is good but cut trans fats from the diet as these can effect ovulation.

Nutrition

Micronutrients all help in the eggs’ development, and Vitamin D is key to this, especially for women going through IVF. Studies show that those with higher levels of the sunshine vitamin had a better IVF outcome So many of our clients are deficient in Vitamin D, and this has been linked to hormonal imbalances. Omega 3 and Essential Fatty Acids may influence egg maturation, so make sure you have enough in your diet. Iodine is abundant in the thyroid, ovaries and breasts and can be found in Essential Fatty Acids, Zinc and Betacarotene.

Visit our shop for our range of nutritional supplements for fertility and pregnancy

Blood flow

Studies show that acupuncture can help to increase blood flow to the pelvic area and the ovaries. If you have a good blood flow, more nutrients are able to get through and boost the health of the eggs.

We and our network of acupuncturists around the UK are here to help

Lifestyle factors

It is well documented that alcohol, cigarettes and recreational drugs affect egg health and increase free radical damage. Being overweight or underweight can also affect fertility; so take a good look at your exercise regime and your diet. Lifestyle factors such as diet, alcohol consumption, drug use, cigarettes, age and infections all increase oxidative stress, which in turn affects the health of the egg.

Environmental factors

BPA (Bisphenol A) is a chemical found in hard plastics and the coating of drink and food cans. Studies have found that BPA can affect the egg health by decreasing the percentage of eggs that matured, increasing the percentage of eggs that degenerate. Remember also with the BBQ season approaching to be careful of carcinogens on burnt food, which causes DNA damage.

Think inositol

One of the roles inositol plays in fertility is the development of follicles and blood sugar balance. Inositol (Myo-inositol) is part of the B vitamin family and has been found in the follicular fluid of higher quality eggs. Animal studies have shown that Myo-inositol helps with blastocyst development and is especially helpful for women with PCOS, but other women may find it helpful as well. Inositol is also thought to increase insulin sensitivity of the ovary, which helps improve egg quality. It is recommended that a woman who is trying to conceive should take it three months before they try to conceive while their eggs are developing.

Stress management

Releasing an egg each month may be affected by stress, as stress hormones are produced which can affect ovulation. For some women, chronic stress can affect ovulation by altering signals to the part of the brain that regulates the hormones that trigger the ovaries to release eggs each month.In cases where she ovulates in spite of the stress, there can be problems with fertilisation and implantation in the uterus. It’s not about eliminating stress; it’s about managing it. Many women -stress with exercise, which is always a good thing, but the real benefits come from taking time to stop and practicing techniques that involve slowing down and doing nothing. Breathing techniques, meditation and yoga all help, and 20 minutes a day or more is perfect if you can incorporate this into your daily life.

Genetics can also play a role; one question every woman should ask their mothers is at what age they had the menopause. If it was early in her 40s then there is often a genetic link.

Last edited by Kokura; 04-04-2016 at 04:46 PM.

We all know that there’s more to getting pregnant than just thinking positively. On the other hand, it’s not all about having sex at the ‘right’ time. Scientists are continuing to learn more and more about the powerful connection between mind and body and how this can affect a person’s fertility.
    Bad thoughts can feed every cell in the body, leading to psychological blocks that stand in the way of conception. When it comes to having a baby, most people understand the importance of looking after themselves physically. They make an effort to eat the right foods, exercise regularly and take appropriate vitamins. But far fewer pay attention to the health of their minds and the bearing this can have on fertility.
    Negative emotions and behaviours can lead to increased anxiety, depression and stress, all of which are pervasive elements that affect our reproductive health. When a woman finds herself faced with another negative pregnancy test month after month, it’s understandable that she begins to feel less in control of her body and life. Anxiety sets in, stress levels increase, and the problem gets worse.
    A woman’s relationship with her partner is also crucial when managing mental health. If she feels anger and resentment towards her partner, they are probably not connecting on an emotional level and not enjoying sex – hardly a conducive environment to making a baby together.
    Negative moods like stress, anxiety and depression cause hormonal imbalances in the body that can suppress ovulation, sexual activity and sperm count. We need to become masters of our brains by dedicating time, energy and focus to calm the mind and positively influence our bodies’ hormones that affect reproduction.
    Our top five tips to start using your mind to help your body conceive

1 ‘Relaxacise’
    Just like we exercise our bodies to improve circulation, reduce stress and increase energy, we can do the same for our brains. Exercise for the mind is a new kind of meditation that restores and calms the mind. It’s about deep relaxation and is ideally suited for women trying to conceive.
    Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and put on some peaceful music. You may want to sit, recline or lie down, just make sure you get in the same position each time so your body becomes conditioned to relax. Close your eyes and breathe deeply by expanding your abdomen as far as it will go. Hold it for a few seconds, then slowly exhale. Concentrate on the sound of your breath to help quieten your thoughts. Now, with your eyes stills closed, think carefully about each body part, starting with your head, while saying the words ‘relax’ or ‘heal’ or ‘become quiet and heavy’. Whatever words work for you. Above all, make sure that this time is enjoyable and just for you.

2 Acupuncture
    dont’t be put off by the use of needles. This is a painless procedure that works on the theory that some illnesses are derived from an imbalance in the body’s natural energies or ‘chi’. The insertion of needles aims to adjust this imbalance. It is particularly affective at reducing stress, which as we know is a key factor in the fertility of both men and women. When people are under stress, the hormone cortisol is released in the brain. Acupuncture counters the effects of this by releasing endorphins that exert a calming effect that relieves symptoms of stress. Studies have also shown that acupuncture raises progesterone levels – one of the hormones needed for conception – in ovulating women by increasing blood flow and balancing the endocrine system. More information on acupuncture and reproduction can be found on our Acupuncture for Fertility page

3 Visualisation
    The mind is a powerful tool and visualisation has shown in studies to cause physical changes in a person’s body. It can quickly shift your thoughts and beliefs from a negative to a positive state and is particularly affective when enhancing fertility. Start by relaxing your body and quietening your thoughts. Then just let an image of fertility come to mind. It can be anything: an opening flower, a running stream, a beautiful pregnant woman. It may take the form of a colour, shape or word. Every time you picture this image, imagine yourself feeling confident, peaceful, feminine and fertile. Your mind cannot tell the difference between imaginary and reality so the emotions you begin to feel as you repeat this exercise gradually become the real thing. Practice and repetition is key.

4 Fertility Massage
    Fertility massage can include a combination of abdominal sacral massage, pulsing, trigger point therapy and reflexology. A woman’s body will often hold on to a lot of stress and emotion in her abdomen. These techniques are designed to ease tension and clear the mind, as well as physical benefits such as increasing circulation to the uterus, ovaries and eggs, in addition to bringing fresh oxygenated blood to the reproductive system. A skilled practitioner can perform this technique, or you and your partner can learn how to do it yourselves through various books and DVDs available. Both can be incredibly affective if done correctly and regularly.

5 Hypnotherapy
    The mind can affect a person’s ability to get pregnant on many levels. Hypnotherapy is an extremely effective way of accessing the mental state, giving you the power to reduce stress, boost positivity, release deep-seated fears and re-programme unhelpful habits. It works by making suggestions to the subconscious part of the mind and has a cumulative impact. A typical session will usually begin with an informal chat with your practitioner, who will ask more about your goals and objectives for the session. Find out about Hypnotherapy at the Zita West Clinic on ourHypnotherapy for Fertility page

Then begins the process of guiding you from normal waking consciousness into the hypnotic state. Gently, the hypnotherapist will guide you through visualisation exercises and help to reinforce thoughts of conception to make a positive impact on your subconscious mind. It is normal to be given a set of skills and techniques that you can practice on your own, allowing you to access the most positive state of your mind whenever you want.

Last edited by Kokura; 04-04-2016 at 04:50 PM.

6 top tips to boost sperm health

In my last blog post I focused on 10 ways women can improve the quality of their eggs. In this post I turn my attention to the men.
    Over the past few years, we have seen more and more men with sperm issues. It’s a known fact that around 50% of fertility is down to male factors and yet still we focus so much on the woman. The male partner has an equally crucial role to play at conception in providing the healthiest sperm he can for the future health of the child.
    Here are my top six tips to boost sperm health:

1. Sex, sex and more sex! There are so many myths around sex when trying for a baby, and the most common questions we’re asked are about how often to have it and whether it’s better to save the sperm up. Firstly, you should be having sex as much as possible, at least three times a week. The idea of saving sperm is a myth as it will die after a few days. Research shows that the more fresh sperm there is, the better the quality.

2. Passion – Testosterone is the hormone of desire. Sex can become an issue between partners when they’re trying for a baby or if they’ve done endless rounds of IVF, and it’s easy to see why sex becomes mechanical. Focusing on getting a good sex life back is key to sperm health. Arousal is important as it affects the amount of sperm you will produce and you’re not helping yourself by having mechanical, passionless sex.

3. Pressure – Take the pressure off one another when it comes to wanting a baby. Pressure causes performance anxieties in men. A man doesn’t need to know everything that’s going on in a woman’s body to be ready for sex. He doesn’t need to know when she’s ovulating and he doesn’t need the pressure to perform.

4. Relationship – So often we see that the relationship is tense due to trying for a baby, which makes it harder to have sex. Sex can become a subconscious currency between couples. Trying for a baby and going through IVF challenges any relationship and that is why, as part of our holistic approach to fertility, we offer fertility counselling to help couples better understand themselves and each other and support each other through the pressures and challenges of trying for and having a baby.

5. Lifestyle – Make sure you get a sexual health screen. It’s well-documented that alcohol, cigarettes and recreational drugs affect sperm health and increase free radical damage, which affects the DNA of the sperm. Being overweight or underweight can also affect fertility, so it would really help to take a good look at your exercise regime and your diet.

6. Nutrition – Recent research has found that men need to focus on their diet just as much as women when it comes to creating a healthy baby. Nutrients such as Vitamin B9 (folate), carnitine, Omega 3 and Vitamin D can all help in creating and maintaining healthy sperm. Look out for my next blog post that will talk about Sperm building foods.
    If you are trying for a baby and would like any advice or guidance on increasing your chances of having a baby naturally then contact our clinic for a confidential and highly personalised consultation and a detailed action plan.
    We have a range of supplements that can support male nutritional intake such as Vitamen, Vitamen Boost, Vital DHA and Vitamin D Spray

Last edited by Kokura; 04-04-2016 at 04:49 PM.

So many women considering IVF for the first time feel as though they are standing at the bottom of Everest looking up to the top.

It seems like a huge, frightening process that could take years to work and then there are all the misconceptions and scare stories that abound about IVF, such as it will turn you into a hormonal wreck, be incredibly painful and will take up all your time.

IVF is more straightforward than you might think

In reality, IVF is far more straightforward and less scary than some may think and who better to ask to dispel the myths than our clinic manager Anita O’Niell?

We gave her just 90 seconds to break down some of the myths about the IVF process, and give you the answers that you need:
    Last edited by Kokura; 04-04-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Dear trying to concieve ladies,

Do you sometimes feel alone on your fertility journey, and have questions that need answering but dont’t have anyone to ask for expert advice?

If so you’re not alone on this.

In the UK there are over 3 million people currently struggling with fertility issues, and almost all of them have constant questions that need answering, and nobody to ask!

To help support you I’m dedicating this months’ Fertility Question Time to a Q&A only session, to offer you and my other listeners some free expert guidance and support.

I’m going to spend 60-90 minutes answering as many questions as I can on any fertility related topic. This means I should get through 4-5 times the amount of questions that I usually answer at FQT, giving you and the other listeners 4-5 times the amount of support and information!

Register now to guarantee your place and to send in your questions.

l’ll be answering your questions, so please send in any questions by clicking the link above and registering for the live event.

Once you’re registered I'll remind you of the event as we get nearer to it, but here are the details in advance:

** EVENT DETAILS **

Next Event:
    Thursday 24th March 2015, 8pm UK time (timezone converter here)

Topic:
    Special Question and Answer Session

Speakers:
    Andrew Loosely - Chinese Medicine Fertility Expert & Herbalist

Access: Free access by web or local number rate by phone

Registration: Once you register you will receive login details to attend the event.

I'll be in touch again to remind you about the event, as we get closer to it.

Best wishes

It’s becoming more common that some people just aren’t able to get pregnant exactly when they want to. I know that it can be one of the hardest things to go through in life. The uncertainty and lack of control can be so frustrating! You’ve had all the tests, maybe some fertility treatment but there's still no baby, month after month.
    The good news is that women and couples wanting to have a baby can actually use this time in their lives as a catalyst to create an amazing life NOW not only for themselves, but for their future baby. By doing so they’ll actually increase their chances of conceiving naturally and in some cases, sooner.
    What if there was a way to connect with an unexplored part of yourself that will bring to life everything you have ever dreamed of, including that beautiful baby?
    Would you be interested in that?
    I’d like to invite to you to a special online event happening this week - the Before Baby Revolution Summit giving you the opportunity to truly grow and create your best life NOW in ALL aspects.. baby included.

It's the vision of Spenser Brassard, who is also on her journey to motherhood, and is a truly special and enlightening event for all future parents who are struggling to find peace and happiness in their journey to have a baby.
    I was thrilled to be invited to speak myself at such a unique and important event, and I was even more excited to be opening the event today - April 4th! I would love you to join us...
    → Join the Before Baby Revolution

• Finally feel complete.
    • Stop putting your life on hold.
    • Optimize your chances of conceiving your baby naturally.

Click here to register your place to create the best life NOW for you and your future baby.
    With love,

Your Embarrassing Sex Questions Answered
    Hi

In my clinic every day I get asked a lot of questions about sex, and very often couples are very embarrassed to ask about sex. At the clinic, we encourage openness and talking about sex. When you’re trying to conceive, sex is obviously key, but it tends to become more stressful than enjoyable, and so being in the know can definitely help take some of that pressure off.

Take a look at my video, as I answer some of the most common questions I get asked by couples about sex:
    Got an Embarrassing Sex Question?

Visit my blog post for a Cheat Sheet on some of the most common questions we get asked.

The Fertility Show
    on Youtube Now
    For weekly tips, advice and wisdom on natural fertility and IVF, subscribe to our brand new Fertility Show on YouTube

Win a Zita West Fertility MOT Home Test Kit
    Issues such as when a woman should start a family, count her eggs or become a mother are endlessly debated, and today, you can see us in the Metro newspaper where one of their reporters underwent our home fertility test to measure her egg reserve and give her an idea how fertile she is.

For your chance to win one of our kits head over to twitter, Follow us and Re-tweet the competition tweet before midnight 1 April.

FREE Open Evenings
    Begin Your Journey Today
    Begin your journey today by arranging a consultation with one of our specialist Fertility Nurses

Call us on 0207 224 0017

Email us on clinics@zitawest.com

www.zitawest.com
    Last edited by Kokura; 04-04-2016 at 05:05 PM.

NEWS about fertility support with Sarah Holland!

Have you got to a place on your fertility journey where you're ready for something... different?

A different mindset...

A different perspective...

A different way of dealing with stress. ..

A different approach to resolving your fertility issues and conceiving your baby..?

If you're at the point of wanting - or indeed needing - emotional support and transformation for both you and your fertility, then Sarah is pleased to announce that her diary is now OPEN to new clients.
    She only has a few spaces available, and once they are gone it's unlikely that she'll be accepting new clients again until September 2016.

How Support with Sarah works..

Wherever in the world you are, you can meet her in private, one-to-one consultations over the phone or Skype where you will be welcomed into a safe and confidential space.

She’ll take time to listen to exactly what is important to you on your fertility journey, then guide you through a simple but effective technique called EFT to reduce stress and address any emotional issues relating to your own unique situation.
    You’ll leave her sessions feeling uplifted and positive, ready to take on challenges and feeling connected to your inner strength.
    Having faced her own fertility challenges before becoming a mum to two boys, she knows what it’s like to be where you are now. Within your sessions you will feel reassured by her empathy and understanding, and she will hold a space for the healing and transformation that she knows is possible for you.
    >> You can read more about her personal support package and your investment here. <<
    If you'd like to be one of her new fertility support clients and let's begin with a free initial consultation. Complete the short intake form on the support page she'll be in touch to arrange a time to talk.

Last edited by Kokura; 11-05-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Russell Davis, a fertility Cognitive Hypnotherapist from UK, will be organizing a FREE webinar for all women who are struggling to conceive. It is all right if you cannot attend it LIVE as you will get a recording. He believes in rendering his help to as many women as possible! He can help you to achieve a better psychological mindset on this highly stressful & emotional fertility journey. He has posted an online newsletter & I am reproducing it here. Read on to find out more!

Welcome to this weeks newsletter. I was talking to a client recently about how things can creep up on us and we can veer away from innate happy self and before we know it are some way from being OK most days.

The Human Givens approach to therapy is based on a list of 'givens' or emotional needs of humans. It's basis is that if any of these needs are not met then it could impact our emotional wellbeing and can lead to stress, anxiety and disharmony in our life.

When you look at these needs I think it highlights why infertility can be so stressful, lonely and such an emotionally exhausting journey.

The emotional needs audit rates how well your emotional needs are being met in your life right now, on a scale of one to seven (where 1 means not met at all and 7 means being very well met):

Do you feel secure in all major areas of your life? For instance, in your home life, work life or environment?
    Do you feel you receive enough attention?
    Do you think you give other people enough attention?
    Do you feel in control of your life most of the time?
    Do you feel part of the wider community?
    Can you obtain privacy when you need to?
    Do you have at least one close friend?
    Do you have an intimate relationship in you life? (i.e. you are totally accepted physically and emotionally accepted for who you are by at least one person?)
    Do you feel an emotional connection to others?
    Do you have a status in life (whatever it may be) that you value and that is acknowledged?
    Are you achieving things in your life that you are proud of?
    Do you feel competent in at least one major area of you life?
    Are you mentally and/or physically stretched in ways which give you a sense of meaning and purpose?

If you scored any need 3 or less, it is likely to be a major cause of stress in your life. If your experience is anything like my experience of infertility, you may have scored pretty low in a number of them! I know I can look back on our fertility journey and see how these needs were not being met in me.

I will be exploring ways you can increase your scores in this webinar I am doing later this month. Grab your spot (free) by clicking this link. Whether you can make the live webinar or not those that register get the recording.
    http://app.webinarjam.net/register/499/00bc601ef1

Unique Fertility Event in London and Birmingham
    The wonderful Jessica Hepburn, author of The Pursuit of Motherhood and an avid commenter and campaigner for fertility has put together this unique event. It is a new a new play and festival about fertility, infertility and IVF is on in Birmingham on Saturday 28th May and London on Saturday 11th June. It is a day of wonderful talks from amazing experts across the UK and then a performance of the play. A unique mix of medicine and art. See the website for more details:
    www.fertilityfest.com

With love,

Russell x

Feel free to email me directly at [russell@thefertilemind.net].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russell Davis, fertility Cognitive Hypnotherapist ,Coach, writer and speaker, believes you can find a sense of peace and control over your fertility. Whether natural or assisted conception, Russell has helped hundreds of couples all over the world move from despair to hope to success.

Russell, the Fertility Specialist Advisor to The National Council of Hypnotherapy, founded The Fertile Mind fertility mind-body programs and coaching based on he and his wife's 10-year double infertility journey which resulted in the natural conception of their son.

Russell's experience echoes his belief that too many couples go through fertility treatment unnecessarily and that the success rate of treatment is unnecessarily low.

Find out more about Russell and his work at www.thefertilemind.net. [http://www.thefertilemind.net]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Kokura; 12-05-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Andrew Loosely, a UK based Chinese Medicine Fertility Expert, Author and Speaker, is organizing a FREE fertility talk for women over 40! Read on to find out more.

One of the most frequent questions that people ask is:

"I'm over 40 and I've been told I have a really low chance of pregnancy success, is this true and is there anything I can do to conceive?"

The idea that fertility is lower when you're over 40 is to some degree correct, but it's not as extreme as the media and IVF clinics would have you believe.

Age is an important factor, but for most women it's not the determining factor: Your health is.

If your body is healthy and working well, then you should be able to naturally conceive at 40 and over, and actually all the way to menopause.

Join Andrew Loosely at the next Fertility Question Time, where he'll be discussing this topic with you, and taking your live questions.

Join him as he discusses: Fertility Over 40 - Is there hope and what are the options?

He'll be discussing:

• How to build hope and conceive in your 40’s
    • Whether you should use natural or conventional medicine approaches, and the differences between them
    • Some real life stories of clients in their 40’s that have worked with him, and created the families they dreamed of

He'll be answering lots of questions too.
    Click the link above and send your questions in now, and then make sure you join him live!

** EVENT DETAILS **

Next Event:
    Thursday 26th May 2016, 8pm UK time (timezone converter here)

Topic:
    Fertility Over 40 - Is there hope and what are the options?

Speakers:
    Andrew Loosely – Chinese Medicine Fertility Expert, Author and Speaker

Access: Free access by web or local number rate by phone.

'See' you there!

Best wishes

Last edited by Kokura; 19-05-2016 at 03:19 PM.

EnS
    Female Attendant

How much and where did you do your IVF at?.

I did my IVF at KK Clinic D. It was heavily subsidised as my partner & I are Singaporean citizens. Through anecdotal evidence, I learned that it is not so much the doctor who is doing your embryo retrieval or embryo transfer that matters, rather it is all the little action we take to improve our chances of a successful IVF that matters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast