Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Singapore Thong Chai Medical (Tong Ji)

This is a discussion on Singapore Thong Chai Medical (Tong Ji) within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; did you all watch the charity show @ chnl 8?? Mark Lee went there to see the sinseh there after ...

Singapore Thong Chai Medical (Tong Ji)

did you all watch the charity show @ chnl 8??

Mark Lee went there to see the sinseh there after trying for 8years but no luck...his wife see the sinseh for less than a year, she strike liaooo...

another case the woman had miscarriage twice within a year, also went Tong Ji...she see the sinseh for 5mths, she strike twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i called them up...its walk in registration....they open at 8.30am, but registration starts 7.30am....the person told me usually there's A LONG LONG Q...so its better to come early.....

i asked the person if its free (cos this traditional chinese medicine, give free med, consultation etc)...he said yes, usually the patients will give a small donation for their services......i asked again izzi the same for fernity related issue, he said yes (i really dont know real or not cos he dont speak english, i mix mix abit of chinese n english...i dont know how to say fernity in chinese...LOL~)....

this is their website yaaa

Welcome to Thong Chai Medical Institution

any1 here is currently seeing tis traditional chinese medicine??? can give any advise???

Worthy Lady

Re: Singapore Thong Chai Medical (Tong Ji)

Quote Originally Posted by lawla12 View Post

Mark Lee went there to see the sinseh there after trying for 8years but no luck...his wife see the sinseh for less than a year, she strike liaooo...

another case the woman had miscarriage twice within a year, also went Tong Ji...she see the sinseh for 5mths, she strike twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i called them up...its walk in registration....they open at 8.30am, but registration starts 7.30am....the person told me usually there's A LONG LONG Q...so its better to come early.....

i asked the person if its free (cos this traditional chinese medicine, give free med, consultation etc)...he said yes, usually the patients will give a small donation for their services......i asked again izzi the same for fernity related issue, he said yes (i really dont know real or not cos he dont speak english, i mix mix abit of chinese n english...i dont know how to say fernity in chinese...LOL~)....

any1 here is currently seeing tis traditional chinese medicine??? can give any advise???
    i went there before, but that was like 4 years ago. one of my girlfriend also managed to strike baby after seeing one of the sinseh there. so she recommend me to see that sinseh (which i cannot remember her name). Went and seen her twice only. she has SUPER, SUPER many patients, always need to wait very long like 1/2 day and also because it's FREE, so the queue is NEVER short.

she also never explained to me much, just like briefly explain only. and also the medicine that the sinseh prescribe are all in natural form of chinese herbs, meaning to say, you will have to brew it yourself at home. Those like "3 bowls of water cook till 1 bowl" type. so i find quite time-consuming thus never see her after 2 visits.

No harm trying... anyway it's free... provided you can tahan the Q...
    My mum also hint hint yst... say this Tong Ji how good how good...
    We let nature takes its own course bahhh... no time to go there Q also...

Channel NewsAsia - Thong Chai Charity Night raised S#dollar;7.23m, not S#dollar;8.67m as announced - channelnewsasia.com

"SINGAPORE : The amount raised at the end of the Thong Chai Charity Night telecast should be S$7.23 million and not S$8.67 million as announced.

The discrepancy, shown at the end of the telecast on Channel 8 on Sunday night, was due to a technical error. ....

On Monday, some 1,000 people turned up to seek treatment, sharply higher than the usual 600.

Thong Chai had to stop registration at noon, but took down the contact numbers of those who were turned away for another appointment."

真的吗???
    Wrong amount?? Or $$ pay to the MediaCorp/artistes/stars?
    1000 people in a day??? Need to Q how long???
    Wahhhhhh.......

Worthy Lady

today i just realised that the lady that strike twins was my ex colleague wife, by the way i did not watch the charity show , i only heard from my colleague today during lunch.
    Ya, i heard that my ex colleague wife got some complication also, and then miscarriage , then tried for 5 months then got a twin baby girl that was 4-5 years ago ..

May be you gals can go and try ?

I am going to try on Chung Hwa traditional chinese medicine , since near my house and they do take down appointment and have night consultation , by the way they only have night consultation for infertility .

Lawla, fertility in chinese is sheng1 yu4 生育

Anyone can share if you happen to consult the doctor in Tong Ji ?

Worthy Lady

no wonder i saw mark lee's wife at gleneagle hospital late last year. i did suspect she is either going for baby planning or pregnant now. lol.
    didnt know that they also went for traditional chinese medicine too.
    thought of trying this Tong Ji out since its near to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by 26JMC View Post
    no wonder i saw mark lee's wife at gleneagle hospital late last year. i did suspect she is either going for baby planning or pregnant now. lol.

waaaaa....so you going too??? i should b going tis fri yaaa...happen to b clear leave.......at least urs is near your house...you can go home n rest 1st...but its quite far away from my house....so i've to stay there throughout the waiting time...

1000 patients...wait 1/2 a day.....i wanna faintz liaooo.....sit until butt flat flat againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

lala ai ai!!! i agree with Daddy D, no harm trying worr.. mayb you can take a day leave and try? then tell the sinseh if can go back once a month anot instead of weekly/fortnightly?? skali you strike triplets

Worthy Lady

Lawla, good luck for you !! hope thong chai can help you ,i knew that you have been to a few traditional chinese medicine already. I will go Chung Hwa and try first.. they also have the infertility department. see how ..
    Good things never come freely and easy , so sure got to wait one..

Good Luck gals!

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    lala ai ai!!! i agree with Daddy D, no harm trying worr.. mayb you can take a day leave and try? then tell the sinseh if can go back once a month anot instead of weekly/fortnightly?? skali you strike triplets
    ya lohhh...esp when colourful tiger say the patients shoot up to 1k after the charity show......

i'm sure for the fernity dept, the patients will also increase.....

Quote Originally Posted by icejelly2010 View Post
    Lawla, good luck for you !! hope thong chai can help you ,i knew that you have been to a few traditional chinese medicine already. I will go Chung Hwa and try first.. they also have the infertility department. see how ..
    Good things never come freely and easy , so sure got to wait one..

Good Luck gals!

WhWoHWAHWaohaoahOWHaowhaoa...JIA YOU JIA YOU~

BABY DUST FALL ONTO ALL OF US~

Worthy Consort

Quote Originally Posted by 26JMC View Post
    I think when you saw her, it's her postnatal check up. Cos their girl is 1yo already I think.

Mark Lee is a very doting husband. He's the first man I've seen that willingly follow the wife shopping without complain or black face. Will even help her select clothes, wait for her outside fitting room and help her get the right size if promoter is busy. & they are still so loving after so many years of marriage. When they go movies, they still hold hands & hug! I saw Mark Lee wiping crumbs off his wife's face before. And they went to a cinema that is very isolated and quiet, so they are not doing it 'for show'.

That's why I told my husband that must choose husband that not handsome and rich. Earn enough to keep the family happy can already (dont want too rich like Jack Neo).

Lawla, I replied you on the other thread. Go early early, bring breakfast, newspaper and foldable chair.
    Empty vessels make the most noise

Consort-in-Ordinary sunflowerlady's Avatar

lala dardar jiayou jiayou

Quote Originally Posted by stonston View Post
    I think when you saw her, it's her postnatal check up. Cos their girl is 1yo already I think.

Mark Lee is a very doting husband. He's the first man I've seen that willingly follow the wife shopping without complain or black face. Will even help her select clothes, wait for her outside fitting room and help her get the right size if promoter is busy. & they are still so loving after so many years of marriage. When they go movies, they still hold hands & hug! I saw Mark Lee wiping crumbs off his wife's face before. And they went to a cinema that is very isolated and quiet, so they are not doing it 'for show'.

That's why I told my husband that must choose husband that not handsome and rich. Earn enough to keep the family happy can already (dont want too rich like Jack Neo).

Lawla, I replied you on the other thread. Go early early, bring breakfast, newspaper and foldable chair.

arrrr.....i register 1st then eat n drink arrr...if not while Q-ing up i wanna go pee, booo langgg help me Q-up lehhh...me going alone tis fri, hubby cant take leave n i happen to b on leave (clear leave)....so me go see see, look look 1st.....

my woody---ask him go shooping with me...ask tis cloth nice, he say yes yes....ask which one nicer---he say "got diff mehhh"......ZzzZZz...otherwise he will stand outside n wait for me...he say paisey, all woman inside....ZZzzZZ.....me only testing clothes..not lingerie lohhh...he WOODY!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowerlady View Post
    lala dardar jiayou jiayou

muakie muakz~

ewe
    Female Attendant

hi lawla,

did you visit tong ji? can share how's the visit?
    my mum keep asking mi to go n try cos she say my late grandmother last time already say tis tong ji is good..but have to work..
    still thinking whether to go for ivf in june

Quote Originally Posted by ewe View Post
    hi lawla,

did you visit tong ji? can share how's the visit?
    my mum keep asking mi to go n try cos she say my late grandmother last time already say tis tong ji is good..but have to work..
    still thinking whether to go for ivf in june

reach Tong Ji at 7.35am.....lots of OLD PPLE.....i saw a few young couples....so i tink, lucky ARRRRR, those young couples should b seeing fertility dept...the rest of the old pple is general illness.....

when i saw my Q no was 40---i sianz 1/2 liaooo....i thought the fertility got 40 patients cos i requested for sinseh Tan Siew Buoy who is the chef physician ....SO MANY PPLE ARRRRR...but i only saw a few young couples lehhh......i thought maybe those parents help their dotters/sons to Q up 1st....me really sianzz liaooo....

then i went to the 4th floor n wait...the sinseh really start seeing the patients at 8.30am sharp......(((i saw other dept, the sinseh also start early at 8.20am).......

guess what.....I WAS THE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL~ ....the no 40 is all patients (so when you take med, your number wont double appear)......i thought its only fertility dept...kekekekkee~

sinseh Tan say once i see her, i cant change sinseh liaooo..then ask me double confirm if i wanna see her....of cos i say YES LAAAAAAA...then she ask me izzi friends refer me or i watch the charity show....its the latter yaaaa....

she ask me to see her weekly...but i really cant....they dont open on weekends.....told her best i can once evy fortnight.....then she say ok.....she say...go to see her after AF is cleaned so she know the condition of my body before she can prescrible med for me......she gave me 4pkts of med for my AF 1st, to b taken when my AF comes (day 1 to 4)....once AF clear, go see her......but horrrrrrr---provided i can take leave.......

see how...i try try 1st.....she also say once i start to see her, i dont continue with the accupuncture n their med (the sinseh which i'm seeing currently at AMK)....

the session with sinseh Tan took about 10mins...then i waited for my med (they will give you the prescription deeeee) for another 15mins....then i left at 9.20am....

dont know how long can i last to see the sinseh cos i've to take 1day leave per month if i see her evy fortnight (1/2day each).......i still have to save my leave for IVF (if me doing it).....my com dont recognise MC for preggie related issue.....so no choice, have to take my own leave.....but seriously doubt i've euff leaves....

ewe
    Female Attendant

wow thanks for the details
    Think will visit during mid apr when i on leave..but like what you say have to c her every week i also cant take leave..
    did you bring along your previous test report?
    there's a few sinseh there..is the sinseh you c nice? sorry i never visit sinseh since adulthood haha

my friend just started ivf n says that e injection is painful...i really dont have e courage to try n accept if failed...sigh
    Last edited by ewe; 30-03-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Female Attendant

Smile Re: Singapore Thong Chai Medical (Tong Ji)

Dear All ,

Thank for all the info on Tong Ji and want to go but worry that the Q is long. I am seeing traditional chinese medicine at Science Art since December but still no good news.
    Will go next week and see. Any good doctor to recommend.

reach Tong Ji at 7.35am.....lots of OLD PPLE.....i saw a few young couples....so i tink, lucky ARRRRR, those young couples should b seeing fertility dept...the rest of the old pple is general illness.....

when i saw my Q no was 40---i sianz 1/2 liaooo....i thought the fertility got 40 patients cos i requested for sinseh Tan Siew Buoy who is the chef physician ....SO MANY PPLE ARRRRR...but i only saw a few young couples lehhh......i thought maybe those parents help their dotters/sons to Q up 1st....me really sianzz liaooo....

then i went to the 4th floor n wait...the sinseh really start seeing the patients at 8.30am sharp......(((i saw other dept, the sinseh also start early at 8.20am).......

guess what.....I WAS THE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL~ ....the no 40 is all patients (so when you take med, your number wont double appear)......i thought its only fertility dept...kekekekkee~

sinseh Tan say once i see her, i cant change sinseh liaooo..then ask me double confirm if i wanna see her....of cos i say YES LAAAAAAA...then she ask me izzi friends refer me or i watch the charity show....its the latter yaaaa....

she ask me to see her weekly...but i really cant....they dont open on weekends.....told her best i can once evy fortnight.....then she say ok.....she say...go to see her after AF is cleaned so she know the condition of my body before she can prescrible med for me......she gave me 4pkts of med for my AF 1st, to b taken when my AF comes (day 1 to 4)....once AF clear, go see her......but horrrrrrr---provided i can take leave.......

see how...i try try 1st.....she also say once i start to see her, i dont continue with the accupuncture n their med (the sinseh which i'm seeing currently at AMK)....

the session with sinseh Tan took about 10mins...then i waited for my med (they will give you the prescription deeeee) for another 15mins....then i left at 9.20am....

dont know how long can i last to see the sinseh cos i've to take 1day leave per month if i see her evy fortnight (1/2day each).......i still have to save my leave for IVF (if me doing it).....my com dont recognise MC for preggie related issue.....so no choice, have to take my own leave.....but seriously doubt i've euff leaves....
    Good luck ya

Think will visit during mid apr when i on leave..but like what you say have to c her every week i also cant take leave..
    there's a few sinseh there..is the sinseh you c nice? sorry i never visit sinseh since adulthood haha

my friend just started ivf n says that e injection is painful...i really dont have e courage to try n accept if failed...sigh
    My friend did her IVF at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, painful to go through all the tests etc, and she strike at the 1st go. Her EDD is in Jun 2010.

the injection quite ok for me....you have to inject yourself evy morn deeeeee.....maybe cos me fat fat, already got a THICK layer of spare tyre liaooo, so easy for me to grab the "meat" n inject....

i hate it when gynae ask you to insert the pill into your "private area" to strengthen the lining....that one very hard for me...need mirror to see where me inserting....LOL~.....smtimes never insert deep euff, the pill is dangling outside my private area when me pee....ZZzzZZZzz.....

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBaby75 View Post
    Dear All ,

Thank for all the info on Tong Ji and want to go but worry that the Q is long. I am seeing traditional chinese medicine at Science Art since December but still no good news.
    Will go next week and see. Any good doctor to recommend.
    i went Tong Ji once only...not yet start on their med...so i cant tell if it works for me....

if you'r going Tong Ji...i suggest that you reach there at 7.30am to register....if you reach around 9am-10am+++, the Q for registration is really super long....i rather go early n waiting time to see sinseh is shorter too......

ewe
    Female Attendant

[quote=lawla12;351385]the injection quite ok for me....you have to inject yourself evy morn deeeeee.....maybe cos me fat fat, already got a THICK layer of spare tyre liaooo, so easy for me to grab the "meat" n inject....

i hate it when gynae ask you to insert the pill into your "private area" to strengthen the lining....that one very hard for me...need mirror to see where me inserting....LOL~.....smtimes never insert deep euff, the pill is dangling outside my private area when me pee....ZZzzZZZzz.....

You start your ivf aldready? I still thinking whether to postpone the counselling session in may... do you need to take alot of leave for ivf?

ooh..just realise i did not ans all your Q...LOL~

yes yes...i brought all my reports (including my hubby's sperm count etc) to let the sinseh see including my temperature chart....you zap extra 1 set for her to keep ya......

i'll see her twice a month only...cant afford to take leave evy week lohhhh.....each time i will take 1/2day yaaa...need to save my leave~

You start your ivf aldready? I still thinking whether to postpone the counselling session in may... do you need to take alot of leave for ivf?
    not yet....i took IUI twice yaaaa.....the process for injections etc is the same as IVF (but IVF the dosage is higher cos the aim is to produce as many eggs as possible so that the gynae can have more to choose from).......

the diff between IUI n IVF is the extraction of the eggs yaaaa.......the procedure where they placed back the eggs (after they fertilised) is the same as IUI (where they inject the sperms inside)....

actually really depends on individual for the leave part......on the actual day where you need to go into the ops room to extract out the eggs, definitely you will to take 1 day leave........the day where you insert back the fertilised eggs, you will need to take 1 day leave too..........

can you take MC from gynae???? definitely the gynae will issue you with MC.....just that i dont want my coy esp my IDIOT KAYPO boss to know esp when the MC is from gynae, my idiot boss will ask n ask n ask n ask non-stop......tats y i intend to take my leave instead of going through "interrogation" from my idiot boss......moreover, my coy dont recognise preggie-related issue MC, so HR will also reject my MC.......

the nature of my job is stress n i always kana from boss...she love to last min give me "stunt"...ask me to do tis n that at 5.30pm..then expects the report at 9am next day on her desk.......tats y i intend to stay at home during the implanation period....understand from the nurse that implanation takes place about 1week after the day they insert back the fertilised eggs.........so i intend to take 1 week leave to rest at home esp when i've spent so much $$ on IVF, i would prefer to maximise my chance of conceiving.......

its really up to individual yaaaaa.......me abit kiasu....kekekekee~

ewe
    Female Attendant

haha thanks for answering my questionssss..
    did you request a copy of your medical report fm Kandang Kerbau Hospital n pay $80+ n how long it takes for you to received? cos i chk w Kandang Kerbau Hospital they say takes about a month...
    if tats the case i cant c sinseh mid apr when i on leave ...

my leave only left 7 days ...hw to go for ivf unless i request for unpaid leave or work every sat instead of alt..
    my boss is male n single ..dont think he understand...sure face black black one..

did you request a copy of your medical report fm Kandang Kerbau Hospital n pay $80+ n how long it takes for you to received? cos i chk w Kandang Kerbau Hospital they say takes about a month...

my leave only left 7 days ...hw to go for ivf unless i request for unpaid leave or work every sat instead of alt..
    my boss is male n single ..dont think he understand...sure face black black one..
    wow sis, its ony 1 Apr and your annual leave balance is 7??

your coy can recognise hospitalisation MC??????

ermm, not sure if Kandang Kerbau Hospital will b very strict or not..........mine is private deee, they can give hospitalisation MC instead of normal MC......BUT, the MC is still from gynae n my coy is VERY sensitive about it.....

Female Attendant

Hi, everybody. i'm new here. just went to see Dr. Tan in thong ji. Not sure is it due to too many patients or she's famous now due to the charity show, feel that her attitude not very good..... feel a bit dissapointed. and it iwas indeed a very long queue. i tried my luck and went there on tues. reach at about 10am to get Q no, and the no is for afternoon section and morning one already run out of no. felt a bit dissapointed too because i thought she will go by Q no, but she told me that she'll have to clear all the follow up patients first, then will be first timers turn... waited till about 2.30pm then i get to see her. But no prescription and didn't talk much too, can see that she in a rush. only request me to bring all my medical report and do basal temperature check, go back to see her when next menses due...
    As traditional chinese medicine at other place for infertility very expensive, thus i have no choice but may have to go back to her again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast