This is a discussion on trying to concieve 12 months... should i see gynae / fertility doc? within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hi ladies... I have been trying to concieve for 12 months. thought myself and dear husband healthy, but am worried why hasnt been ...
I have been trying to concieve for 12 months. thought myself and dear husband healthy, but am worried why hasnt been able to concieve.
Need some advice:
1) I have done pap smear, ultra scan for PCOS and dear husband done SA test from gyane, all seems ok. 6 mths ago. So should i go see a gyane or fertility doc now? We are 30 year old this year.
2) If gynae - Is Geradine Tan or Dr Sim LN better at helping ppl to concieve?
Hope i can get some advise here... thanks...
yes agree....smtimes its the stress yaaaa....cos i'm sure both of you will have the feeling "do it for the sake of doing it" smtimes just cos your ovulation timing is here rite.....
kekekee....no worry, almost all of us feel the same.....
relax relax....go holiday n have a BIGGGGGGGGG time....kekkeeee~
JIA YOU YAAAAAAAAAAA~
Perhaps you can go to the fertility websites or use an OPK to time your ovulation days for the right time to intercourse. If you are really worried, then maybe visiting the gynae will be a good idea as quite a lot ppl took clomid to conceive. At the same time, your partner can also do a sperm test.
I kinda regretted that I've waited too long before visiting the gynae. Bcos there could be other underlying problems which we cant detect from the normal check up. It is best to have a gynae to monitor your cycle (can scan your follicle) etc to have a better idea.
Opps, just realised that you mention that your husband has done the SA test already. If you mention to your gynae that you are trying to concieve then most likely they will give you clomid to try first. If you visit a fertility dr, he will also give clomid, monitor your follicles and predict your ovulation days.
Maybe you can go for a holiday during your fertile days so that the atmosphere is more relaxing.
me n dear husband nearLy 3yrs Liow.. stiLL nothing.. hmm.. im gonna go check soon.. but dear husband dnt want.. hmm..
I was spotting mid last yr so I went to a GP and asked him to refer me to a specialist at singapore general hospital O&G..the ultrasound showed that I had endo.. Operation to remove it was simple, I had a day surgery and was feeling ok after a couple of days.
The surgery cost 2000 in total, after CPF deduction, the rest was paid by my company's insurance. I think I went for about 4 appointments (ultrasound and doc appointments) before the op, each vist cost around 50-80 dollars.
I conceived few mths after that and my gal is now 3mths old
Hope this info helps.
I went to a specialist, hence more expensive Kxmum. (cos I was desperate, since I have been to traditional chinese medicine, another fertility doc.
But I claimed through my insurance - NTUC income.
Yes, it was a day surgery, so no need to incur hospital charges a lot.
After I rested for a month, we tried again...which I think you should not wait too long after the surgery, as your womb is "clean".. so it is the best time to try... we tried for 2 months and I was pregnant. But of cos, first 4 months critical as was not stable...
You have to save and save to pay for these... we were broke..
I also want trying to concieve for 2nd one, and dont't want to waste my time to wait and wait every month, so i went to gyn to check, and she told me my egg not produce well, only 1 side got 1 egg !! . so she gave me clomid, and a jab.
she told me to come again after 4days took the clomid and she will give me another jab.... till then, we not allowed to do sex.
i thought she done after 2nd jab.... but no... she asking me to come 2 days later for 3rd jab....till then, we still not allowed to do sex.
i come again for the 3rd jab... and also think OK this is the last one.... but nooo... she asking for another jab in 2days later... she saying, it will make my egg more stronger and also doing the intercouse in the correct time.... i told her, i am using ovulation kit it suppose to ovulate by now, but she asking her nurse to test using their ovulation kits, and its not ovulate yet.
its hard for us to make decision and finally we decide not to carry on with this treatment, because we have other priority which need cost too.... so i decide to gave up .... i didnt show for the 4th appointment for another jab, because, every jab cost me $250 (not include the medicine and her consultation fee) .... and within 1week, i almost finish 1K.
hope not scared you about the payments. you have to make the priority of your life, so you must save here and save there.... go seek doctor to know if everything is ok rather than wait and wait.
Order all from http://www.iherb.com , Use referral code DEH462 will save US$5 on your first order.
then not say if allow to have sex, will be able too.. very stressed one.. then cannot complete.. then both stressed again.. then the whole treatment like very wasteful.. sigh..
If you are working, then it will be troublesome to take leave, but they will give MC .
I chose private because I can go at night, after work.
Ministry of Health: Hospitals.
But if you are ok with any gynae, then you pick based on your preference of hospital.