Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 10 of 912 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 60 110 510 ... LastLast
Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Today marks the last day at work of 2012 =) Just chatted with my boss and its comforting to know ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Today marks the last day at work of 2012 =)

Just chatted with my boss and its comforting to know shes flexible for me on taking a short break during my next pregnancy. Will play by the year and depending on workload by then.

Anyone knows if we should do postnatal massage for MC cases? Actually whats the purpose of massage for post natal?

Imperial Concubine

oh i see...been waiting for that positive since cramp and pain for so many days! but then still negative.....sian...thought can make use of this holiday...

dragontail, you got an understanding boss ! so nice...

post natal massage- i did for my 1st baby. It helps to push out those dirty blood and help to get back the figure. IT also helps to relieve muscle aches for me.

I did get o-pains (usually I didnt have one) after my sinseh's acupuncture in Nov. It was quite sharp and uncomfortable (i mean the o-pains).

poohy, so do you know if it's necessary to do for post mc? If so, do you have any recommendation where I can go to? thanks!

Imperial Concubine

dragontail, not too sure for post mc...i lost the contact for mine. Was a malay lady who comes to my house. Maybe i try to ask my friend whether she still has the number.

Thanks poohy. Somehow prefer to visit the massage place rather then having her coming over my place (I dont own my place that's why ;p).

Yes will be great if I can enquire more from her. Thank you very much.

@dragontail - you did acupuncture at dr wu?

Have a happy and blessed 2013 everyone

yes I did twice of acupuncture at dr wu. That was done very nearing my O and I did conceive from there.

I didnt ask for the acupuncture though. She suggested for me to do it when she thought I was physically ready to conceive that month.

Maybe you can enquire about it when you see her next and hear what she can share on it for your case.

Have a blastful celebration

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

i think i O last night (from opk).. anyway as i mentioned i was sick and its bd weekend. doctor gave me antibiotics amoxicillin (its safe for preg and trying to concieve) and i read up on it, they mentioned it helps with increasing more fertile cm. i observed and realize i dont have the bloops of creamy sticky cm which i usually get for 2 days before i get fertile cm (1day or sometimes less than a day), all the time was either semen or some other wet stuffs (might be even mixture of cm and other things).. now is start of my 2ww~

ladies, i come across a magazine regarding conceiving using fengshui.. if you interested pm me your email i will send you a scan copy. its also available in newstand, world of fengshui nov/dec2012 by lilian too. in her website aso got some general tips

personally i m not a total belief of fengshui, but they say better listen than nothing, even my new flat me n hubby agree to go see the fengshui master for tips.

if you dont believe this stuffs then pls skip this post, if not, just take it as a reading pleasure

@littlehamster - When do you start using the opk? Like on which day onwards? And you use once a day or twice? I bought the opk but some sites said should try twice a day??

I still have not't quite figured out on the cm bit. Like I read articles on various texture and how to test but when it comes to my own I get confused.

I took few cycle trying out opk. So now roughly know when to start. Start will use 1x a day, when nearer will be 2x a day. From Previous cycles I realize my LH surge window quite short, that's why need test 2times. And sometimes may be error cos urine maybe too dilute.

Mine is 31days cycle, according to calendar due to ovulate at 1st/2nd jan (so fertile period is 30th to 2/3rd jan. here's a summary:

28dec - test ~4pm very faint line
    29dec - afternoon very faint line
    30dec - late morning faint line, 7pm dark +ve line (means gonna ovulate soon!)
    31dec - did one in afternoon but can't rem result, but it's a line I think is fainter than previous day (bbt lowest point)
    1stjan- ~2pm opk -ve (bbt rise)

My cm quite obvious, heard some ppl theirs not that obvious. If I'm not on antibiotics, my typical cm will be 29&30dec having bloop cm(thick sticky like runny nose phlegm), then 31st dec will have fertile cm(watery egg white)

hamster, good luck to your 2ww! Update us on your symptoms

littlej, yes it takes at least 2-3months of bbt to estimate when you're going to O. Few days before the estimated O-date, you'll have to use the OPK. It's advisable to test twice a day, about 12pm-2pm and 6-7pm (cant remember who told me that). Unlike HPT, it's not advisable to test OPK once you get up because your LH surges in the morning but it takes about 4hours to show in your urine.

My experience is once you spot EWCM, do BD every other day until your BBT surged, ie O has occured. The last BD can be on the very day the surge happens. After that you know you can take a breather. That will very much cover the base safely. I feel doing that is more relaxing than spotting LH surge.

For me, after one cycle of playing with OPK, I give up. Because I feel there's too many things to read into. BBT, CM, CP, O-pain, OPK. Somehow if I put all these readings together, they dont seem to give me one common answer. Find it rather tiring to decipher so many things at one time. For me I have come to a conclusion that my CM is my best bet, follow by BBT. The rest I dont read into them anymore.

As for your CM, just look out for abundance of eggwhite texture that can stretch over an inch between your index and thumb.

@ littlehamster, I was also feeling abit strange when I had my acupuncture and I thought it was supposed to give me more EWCM but instead I didnt see much during my O in Nov. The EWCM kinda just "stopped" since 3days before my O (according to BBT). I started to have EWCM I think 7 days before my O and that was when I started to BD everyday/alternate days till my O occured. So I think cover the base for that one week fertile period is the key, regardless got more or lessen of EWCM, as that was when I conceived. I'm sure you've covered your base too

Oh goodness. Opk sounds expensive with twice a day... Should i invest or not...

Later today is dr wu... Then hsg testing... Wish me luck ladies - hopefully least pain...

littlej, heres a webby with useful tips and faq
    PeeOnAStick.com

dragontail, maybe you O early that month?

Oh OPK as a HPT? Really? Effective or not I wonder.

littlej, get those cheapies ones for OPK (likewise for HPT). Like that you can pee with ease :P. How was your date with Dr Wu? Maybe after next week visit she will let you have 2 weeks powder. Every week go visit also can be quite a chore.

littlehamster, I think I did O around the time my LH surged because I did test with OPK that month, although it never got dark enough at all (on my O-date according to BBT, the OPK was still quite light but the next 2 days I tested and it got even more faint so I reckon my strip just "couldnt" get dark). But somehow strangely I didnt have EWCM during that short few days.

I'll be ordering the "David" china brand HPT from taobao and will have them reached me around CNY. My uncle is travelling back from Shanghai for CNY. If anyone's interested let me know, can tag along. Or if you want OPK I can also order. You just need to pay the exact cost and local postage. I'm not doing any selling here; just like to help you ladies save money . And I also dont know if any other sites sell cheaper or not. I just know taobao is cheap enough for me and I have always ordered from there.

I will find the link soon so you know roughly how much (as it depends on the prevailing bank currency exchange rate). Then you can PM me if you keen ok.

Hello everyone!

@Dragontail - What's HPT? I bought the Clearblue ones for OPK (with the smiley / non smiley face).. hence that's why I thought it's so expensive to be testing! What's this David China brand? I'll PM you to ask you for more info.

Dr Wu's visit went ok today. Hmm.. funnily, she said I am a tad bit too heaty now - I told her I was fervently following her advice last week and ate more ginger and drank heaty stuff.. she said this time round no need already.. and she said her medication will help to 'tiao'. I also asked her if it's safe to take wheatgrass cuz that's what I've been reading it's good - She looked a bit stunned at my question and said drink warm water can already and reiterated that her medication will 'tiao'. She also gave me the dates to BD more enthusiastically which is Sun, Tues and Thurs. I asked her if I need to do acupunture she said no need yet - Next week can see how. But I was thinking , next week then wouldn't the BD 'period' be more or less over? Hahaha.

Oh oh - I also asked her if I should can go HSG later she said if do HSG then shouldn't try for baby this month. Which is contradictory to what my gynae said though. Hmm.

Anyway, so I went ahead to do my HSG. And whew tubes are fine - no blockage (*breathe huge sigh of relief*) - Now, I can't understand why I cannot conceive though

The doc who did my HSG was really nice.. and so was the nurse at present who held my hand.. So it was not painful, only a slight bit of discomfort but the doc kept talking to me and as the whole process was happening, he asked me to see the screen to 'see' the movement and explained step by step - It was quite fascinating so I think I was distracted by all these and didn't focus on iodine dripping inside!! It also helped that I took painkillers prior.

So I guess, good news for the new year.

Hi everyone. It's me again.

From the euphoric high that HSG went well.. now i'm feeling a little down. Sorry to burden this on you - Hope I'm not being insensitive (nor whiney) - just feel that I need to air these thoughts out or I'll explode with tears soon

Anyway, just 10 min ago, I found out 2 good friends are preggers (and they weren't even trying)... then I just logged on to facebook, I see all the 'first day of school' pix on my wall.. everything made me feel... sad... slightly depressed.... And yes I am happy for my friends, but at the same time, I feel a tinge of jealously - Is this normal?? And my friends dont't know I'm trying so I am also having to put on this happy look externally whereas I feel like crying inside.

And now, I'm wondering is it because I'm asking for something that is not meant to be / not fated?? It seems like my body is functioning, but conception is just not happening. I've also followed gynae's advice to BD actively on the supposed O periods, even did a round of IUI previously...

I know feeling sad is not good for BD... and perhaps it's a case of the more you want something, the more you won't get it (kinda like when you're desperately looking for something you misplaced, you will never find it)... But I dont't know . Right now, I just feel so overwhelmed like I'm on all these taking temp, traditional chinese medicine, HSG, monthly Gynae visits, giving up body combat and active gym classes, thinking of using OPK, checking CM etc - Am I doing so much for something that perhaps is just not meant to be for me?? I just feel so stressed suddenly.

Thanks for listening... Somehow, dont't know why I feel better now that I've said everything out... Once again, sorry if I've offended anyone. These are my personal thoughts.

Imperial Concubine
    Hi dragontail my friend also lost the contact for postnatal massage. Sorry.

Littlej. ..I guess it's normal to feel jealous when see others pregnant.....though I have one already and is trying for one more ...I also feel jealous when I see other friends so fast pregnant with 2nd or 3rd kid! .... so dont't feel so bad.

We shall all try and pray for baby!..

This month I took the traditional chinese medicine med and by dates I should be ovulating but then no ewcm nor dark lines on opk ....so sad.

Littlej.. I can't help feeling sad when I read your post. This is a place for us to share info and experiences so just typing out how you feel hopefully can help lessen your pain. It's perfectly normal to feel jealousy when you see people around you getting pregnant without even trying. And we are here hoping and praying and trying whatever methods so that it will happen to us soon. It's human nature after all so dont't feel bad about feeling that way cos most of us (including myself) will feel the same. This is also why I chose to deactivate my facebook so I won't feel so upset when seeing the baby posts.

Have faith in ourselves and if all else fails, at least we have tried and like what my traditional chinese medicine doc said, we still have our hubbies with us to grow old together.

Hi littlej,

Dr Wu also tells me go easy with all these herbal and longan tea/soup. She thinks her powder is potent enough I do get quite heaty at times with her potion. Was with her at 1130am today. I finally think this timing is the best. Not many patient. Today I just waited 5mins only. Looking at my current and past BBT chart, she think's I'm going to O soon (let's see! because I'm sure the MC might have jumble up my hormones). But I'm supposed to avoid getting preggie (my gynae also says dont try until my next AF arrives) this month.

When I first saw her, she also didnt suggest acupuncture. traditional chinese medicine is generally a slow process. I think she wants to monitor you further till she thinks you're ready for the need for acu. Have to be a little patient with this

Sounds good on your HSG! My BFF went for one for her IVF (didnt know it was called HSG then) and she was diagnosed with blocked tube. She went ahead with the IVF.

I'm no doctor but may I know if your hubby has been tested too? I mean I guess we are all trying to narrow down what can be boosted. Just now, Dr Wu told me again to hurry get my hubby to see her. He has never seen her before. She said my last MC (empty sac) is more than often either the problem with the egg or the sperm, that ended up not fertilised properly. She stresses again I have no problem getting preggie (but doesnt mean as yet my egg has no prob) but she has to see my hubby just to ensure he may not be the source of the mishap or future pregnancy issues. She says he just needs to see her once; let her read his pulse and she'll know what to do. Even if he is healthy and all, she'll still prescribe him some booster and we can certainly try again in Feb. Just sharing what I'm going through, if you dont mind. But of course, to be pregnant it encompasses many things..... sometimes it's all about timing, or miracle perhaps. Sometimes we do need to take a breather and understand there're many things in life we somehow just dont have control over, despite we follow all the paper theory.

I understand how you feel about being "jealous". My small group of BFFs (myself, and two others) have been t.c.cing together since last year, at least from when we started seeing Dr Wu together. That was around April2012. One of them got a BFP and I got one too just the following month. She just popped him out last month! (time flies my god). The other BFF (who is going thru IVF now) was also feeling the same as you I guess. She felt stressed that we were preggie and she's left alone to t-c-cing. But I had to remind her I'm the oldest among the 3 and I should be preggie first before anyone of them. Haa! But unfortunately that pregnancy ended in MC and I was devasted. It was very hard for me. Because the fetus was already quite big, at least to me. I saw my baby waved at me during the few visits of ultrasound. Maybe you dont exactly feel "jealous".... more like "envy". I envied my BFF whom had a good pregnancy. That was during my mourning phase. But I truly feel happy for her because all pregnancies need to be rejoiced! I know that everybody is different. And some things come to us differently. Honestly, me and hubby have a common agreement that we will leave to god's will on the baby. If it comes, it will. If it doesnt, we still have each other to hold and we believe happiness comes in different forms.

This forum is certainly good for us to share our thoughts. Dont worry, you're not alone. It's perfectly fine to feel how you're feeling now. Go have a short weekend trip or something to divert all these baby-making stress for a while! A getaway will do us good sometimes

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words. Thank you for not being judgemental and for your understanding.

We've done the sperm test and nothing is wrong with the man. He doesn't want to see Dr Wu (yet, I hope). And to be honest, even if he sees - I doubt he would take the medication. I guess he will most likely go and see her only when he sees I'm having close to a nervous breakdown *grins* Actually he thinks I'm overdosing on all these fertility stuff... I know I am so one of my new year resolutions is to relax and take it easy... I just find it difficult because I feel 'helpless' if I am not doing anything additional but that's why resolutions are made right

So I just spent the evening reading and played some relaxing / yoga-ish music. Somewhat calmed my mind..

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum cuz it helps me to let off steam and you folks seem to understand what I'm feeling. Thank you once again.

@Dragontail - You no need to work on Wednesdays? BTW, what's HPT and the david brand thingy? (Darn, I'm supposed to take it easy .. Maybe I should ease off further tests?? :P)

Well, my guy initially also didnt want to see Dr Wu. Ego problem -_-. After I told him what Dr Wu shared, he said ok he will go. Besides the ego thing, he's basically a very lazy person when it comes to such drinks. So I guess I have to see to it that he drinks them twice a day. Anyhoo, there's also no point to seeing her soon as he will be going for his reservist 2 weeks from now for 3 weeks and he'll be outfield so he wont have time to drink (no hot water in army too). So we probably postpone the baby making to March.

Oh sorry missed your qn earlier. HPT = home pregnancy test kits. Just like those clearblue ones you get from pharmacy. But you can certainly get it cheaper from some webbies.

This is the david brand I'm referring to :
    ڼֽ30+ֽ/ֽ10+*40 ȷƷ-Ա

I did try abit of "nervous breakdown syndrome" in front of my hubby. Guess it does work a bit. lol.

My work does allow a bit of flexibility at times so I can still visit t.c.m on Wed

@ poohy, no worries! sorry for all the trouble.