Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Congrats creeni. ..you are lucky woman...no need work and no need do housework! Tai tai! Guys insensitive one...or else is ...

Imperial Concubine
    Congrats creeni. ..you are lucky woman...no need work and no need do housework! Tai tai!

Guys insensitive one...or else is they have natural blockoff. ..they hear what they want to hear.

Hmm what's bcc?

Not forgetting David Blaine too!

My dearie also plays computer games like crazy. last week bought a 4-figures working chair because of that. I dont't get it! For a chair!? I did try on it and feels good especially with the back support and sturdiness. Better dont't challenge him or else he will say he also dont't get it why I need a Prada.

But these computer hoggin is only when we really dont't have plans for the day. I figured out that men are like that....most times we need to tell them what we want/like them to do. Once orders given, I'm sure gaming is secondary. Littlehamster, write him a list of things he needs to help around!

Dragontail it's just housework and some admin work to catch up on.. Agree on the 22 men chasing after one ball.. I just dont't get it though I dont't mind drooling at the guys mine hub has his weekends full of his own activities .. Motorbike and guitar lesson and soccer games on tv.. No slot for me at all..

Poohy BCC refers to Ban Choon Chan .. The traditional chinese medicine doc at Marine Parade (or the "gold" digger in this thread )

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Thanks quincy, definitely a good read.. need to work on how to train the hubby now hahaa

Hahahha. I'd rather see 22 men running after a ball cuz their bodies are so much better than those who shoot a small ball into 18holes!

dont't you wish sometimes life is like our grandparents time. I think life then was simpler and relationships more fulfilling. Nowadays so many distractions. dont know , I feel my grandparents are way closer and more bonded than my own parents or my own relationship. I mean, I see those old photos and somehow can sense the closeness then. My dear was telling me the other day he can't wait to retire so he can play golf everyday. My dad was saying when he retire he can go fishing everyday. Compare that to my grandpa who told us that retirement allowed him to spend more time with his wife and family and playing Chinese chess.

Hahah dragontail - ya better dont say too much about the chair. Personally I think prada more worth it - can carry it everyday plus got resale value and if have daughter can pass down to her - vintage more valuable by then! A chair, golf clubs - no heirloom value

@littlej
    my mother in law n father in law are a bad example for us.
    my mother in law slog day and night and all my father in law does is just to scold her for the things he is not happy with.
    when my hubby was little, my mother in law is the breadwinner of the family. my father in law only does odd jobs and come home with a foul mouth. when my mother in law come home from work she continues slogging. she did express the desire to divorce him long ago but mayb cuz of children and cuz of the way ppl think back then, she tolerated all the years.
    stuborn n naggy ^^ me the st maria online

Actually I'm glad I didn't live in 50s-60s where divorcing your spouse is a taboo. I pity those women who had to put up the nonsense from nasty husband. As much as a vow is made, I wouldn't condone any misbehavings from my other half. But that said, many women say once you have a child, you might be more forgiving and less "selfish". Oh well.

Worthy Lady
    Congrats creeni !!

Worthy Lady

Now at my 2ww.. However this time round I always feel like I am having fever.. My body temperature used to be quite low maybe 36? These past 2-3 days is like 37

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

xiaohuiis, after about 6-10DPO, the bbt might go triphasic (ie higher temps than right after O), if it's going to be a bfp. So the body might feel warmer at this time. Which dpo are you now?

Worthy Lady

Feeling so down the whole of Saturday. Hubby went out with his friends. Then I have no other plans so decided to try my hands on baking macaroons. Uneventful bakes make me more moody. Then ultimate came when hubby said they going to ktv so will be home very late. sigh... Damn pekchek... Got a BFN, feeling bery dw but he still can enjoy himself. Men~~~ Am still very pissed today. Plus pms-ing... Make my mood really bad! :,(

Cheer up miko. Just think That it's quality time for you yourself. Hard to get That sometimes

Seems like this is the weekend where "men just dont't get it". Hey miko - cheer up. The weekend is almost over me spent the whole weekend by myself too. Ooo I admire those who can bake. I tried to bake once from scratch - disaster. The only thing I have succeeded baking is those ready made powder just add egg and milk and water. And I made a big mess of the kitchen!

my counsellor tells me sometimes i learn to differentiate myself between expectations and reality, i will be less disappointed.

cheers to a brand new day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	99184  

:d :d :d :d
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	99185  

Worthy Lady

@dragontail, now I think is 6DPO I took temp using normal thermometer oh not a bbt oh

Worthy Lady

Thanks all for the lovely encouragement For once I feel so happy wkend is over.

Littlej: i dont bake very well but i enjoy it. So now and then if i have time i will try to bake. So far i have baked nutella brownie and have good comments for it.

I used to enjoy me time but i guess this time round i dont enjoy it cos gt a BFN plus pmsing. And will think hw cm the hubby dont even care at all.

Well, may the new week ahead of us be a good one

Quincy, heheh your last pic is funny.

Xiaohuiis, after implantation the body temp will be higher one. Anyway, a warm body is better than a "cold " one. Hopefully you're not running a fever though!

Miko, many times I also have to spell out to my hubby what I'm expecting him to do. Like word for word, letter for letter this kind. Because leaving him to pick up my face color or hint will take forever. This is especially so during my pms. I will usually warn him "hey it's my pms now ". Then he will buy me choc or be more sensitive for the few days. But aiya knowing myself, he will still kerna my bullet somehow. Hee. Maybe talk to your hubby about what you like him to do for you during this period? Communication is the best tool.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Imperial Concubine
    Oh thanks syperwomancgy

Hehe Dragontail...is it your hubby plot? Buy you prada bag first then he can go buy his chair?

Sigh so fast 15 days cny ending.....and tomorrow is Monday. Today I forgot to take my bbt! ..
    By way do you all take temp when you fully awake or half awake? I was always woken up by my kid wee morning then I go back sleep again until 7 .so wondering when take? 5am or 7am?

@poohy
    my sinseh said on weekend i can take temp and then go back to sleep. i guess that is half awake?

Poohy, actually my hubby has been eyeing on the chair for almost a year. Went to the showroom with him 2x and I could tell he likes it. He always complains backache and he has done alot of research that this chair is good for people who work long hours at desk (his version of playing comp games for hours). One thing good about him he seldom spends and even if he yearns for an item, he won't jump into it just like that. He can take months and even years to finally convince himself he needs it. His chair is like a gift exchange from me to him for our anniversary since I seriously dont know what else he likes at this point!

About the temping, in this case do it at 5am. Because if you do at 7am, your sleep is considered a disturbed one thus not quite accurate.

Hi all, hope you all have been having a peaceful weekend..some with hubby and some without hubby

I believe in having my own personal time so at times I enjoy being alone reading, crocheting or cooking. I feel few hours in a week for ourself is good to connect to our soul and be at peace..
    Especially when you and your hubby's interests are not the same as in my case so I have to take out time for myself to fulfill my interests..

I completely agree with quincy1986 that expectations have to be very clear, communication is the ultimate key..I have personally experienced the time when we were newly married I seldom communicated my expectations, felt it can be read from my face and talks but I was the one who got hurt coz I was seldom understood and sometimes misunderstood too..but now I have learnt the hard way that though it might sometimes sound too direct but husbands have to be made understood that way only..

@dragontail - my nature is exactly the same as your husband..if I feel like buying something for myself, I will go atleast two times to check the stuff, decide, decide and decide my husband sometimes get irritated by this nature of mine but I feel the stuff is more worth when I buy it when I am 110% satisfied that its worth buying

Now back to work!! I had a preconception appointment this week and everything looks good..have got the green signal to start trying.. lets see how things progress..

Wishing everyone a good week ahead!!
    quincy1986 likes this.

Hmm. I agree communications is important. But sometimes I feel i try to communicate more, in the end still have to grin and bear. Like this weekend's golf - I told him I was ok with him playing golf for the entire weekend but i wasn't happy he promised to swap sat for fri but in the end fri no date cuz he worked late. So he failed to see through his end of the bargain. Then his retort was "just this weekend only what".

This is not the first time it has happened. Sometimes I wonder if I should forget about striking any compromises. Just "no, saturday belongs to us, no golf, that's it, too bad your friends wanna play on sat, ask them choose a weekday and go take leave or play on sun." But I also find it difficult to say no.

Argh.

Can't wait for this weekend to be over.

Good day tomorrow!

So hot now. No idea is it the weather or is it me? Thinking to on air con ornt hmmmm

Imperial Concubine
    Ahhh this 2 days I took when I'm going to fully awake. Jia lat...wonder if I will remember to take when half awake.

Dragontail wooh your hubby can wait and research so long for the chair? Cool.... what brand is the chair? Our office should get us a good chair also since we sit there almost whole day! Backache....