Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hi, Gabrielle86, we have just started trying..I went for a pre conception checkup..went for an appointment with Dr. Irene Chua ...

Hi, Gabrielle86,
    we have just started trying..I went for a pre conception checkup..went for an appointment with Dr. Irene Chua at Gleneagles last month..

My one was general appointment to discuss with her if everything is ok to start trying, she suggested to try naturally for 6 months and then only need to go for fertility tests..I already had been taking folic acid and calcium supplement so she told to continue them..

First time appointment with her is $150, subsequent are $90.scan would cost $120 and Pap smear is $45..all exclusive GST..

Oh ya! Talk about holidays. So my friend who is in her mid 40s and trying for 3 years including ivf but no success. they have decided to heck it, it has been 3 trying and emotionally turbulent years, let's take all our leave at one go (current year plus accumulated from previous year) and head to Europe for a romantic holiday for 2 months!!

Guess what she is now happily 4 months preggers. she found out when they were back. She decided to take unpaid leave for the 9 months and bed rest cuz of her age. Thank goodness her boss is superbly understanding and the contract staff who covered her for 2 months can extend for another year.

@littlej - such a beautiful way of conceiving experience for your friend..very cooperative workplace too..

That's such a happy story littlej. Brightens my day when I hear something like that. Dont know your friend but just tell her for me that dragontail is very very happy for her

So that says dont give up hope... life is full of miracles!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:766686
    Oh ya! Talk about holidays. So my friend who is in her mid 40s and trying for 3 years including ivf but no success. they have decided to heck it, it has been 3 trying and emotionally turbulent years, let's take all our leave at one go (current year plus accumulated from previous year) and head to Europe for a romantic holiday for 2 months!!

Guess what she is now happily 4 months preggers. she found out when they were back. She decided to take unpaid leave for the 9 months and bed rest cuz of her age. Thank goodness her boss is superbly understanding and the contract staff who covered her for 2 months can extend for another year.
    Nice..it's really a miracle. Now either I watching baby story shows or other happy shows. To motivated myself. Haha no more horror shows

Ohya I rem dreaming of snakey during the latest bfp. Maybe the snake not big n fat enough that's why mc. Lol

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Thanks for the motivating holiday stories. But my holiday only coming in June... Meanwhile will continue trying very hard.
    Lets all continue to motivate each other !

on a completely seperate note, anyone has recommendations for a reliable home delivery laundry service? All I want is a service that can stick to its committed timings. i have used cotton care for years but in the past 2 months, it's either no show or company calls and change the timing last minute on the day itself or the driver always get lost! And i am a regular customer, every 2 weeks sure got laundry (cuz change bed sheets).

Any recommendations please?

Hello Gabrielle, welcome to this thread. dont't give yourself too much stress as you just started trying to concieve, enjoy the process and who knows you ay soon be the next one. If you need any listening ears can always vent it here.

For me, I have been trying to concieve for 2years plus with 2 early MC. It's only recently ten I started with traditional chinese medicine to Tiao my body.

littlej, your friend is really a good motivator to us. Hmm, so miracle does really exist right?

happysoul, yup I meant to be superticious. But dont't think too much about the dreams dont't let them add on to your stress.

have a nice weekends all

Imperial Concubine

Hi gab.. dont be too stress yet.. normal time frame is about 6months to 1 year.. Im already trying to concieve for 2 years.. but im still trying to see traditional chinese medicine and not gg to gynae for clomid yet. Cox my hubby say few more mths later.. you can go to polyclinic to gdt a referral to hospital to get check done. (Tts what I did) think the while chk is about few hyndred dollars. Most expensive is hsg test.. you can keep the report yourself then go to traditional chinese medicine or priv gynae afterwards. Tts what I did.

I bought my hot water bottle. Tried it last night it was so cosy and warm (*^﹏^*) $69 from taka
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130309_000600.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	100252  

Wow. Match your pillow case. Colors reversed. Haa. That's not exactly cheap at 69....

I kinda like the ones someone posted recently. Plastic ones with cute prints. If someone knows where to find it let me know. Thanks..

Little hamster - you use the hot water bottle before you zzz? Then what happens when you zzz will the bottle gets "thrown around"?

@gnissim / @gabrielle - my gynae never prescribed me clomid. Only gave me and my dear vits to take.

i personally think good to see gynae as gynae will be able to pinpoint any existing issue that may inhibit conception. So I mentioned before, I had a polyp at the cervix which gynae spotted and removed - no wonder "army" cannot reach "princess egg". I think these are factors one should visit gynae and do vaginal ultrasound cuz these are things we and traditional chinese medicine cannot "see".

Oh and another story is, I had a friend who never knew she had fibroids and she conceived by accident. Her pregnancy was initially considered "high risk" cuz of the fibroids may block dont know what. Thank goodness all ok but her entire 9 months was in pain cuz the fibroids were pressing against the womb. If she did regular checks the fibroids would have been spotted, removed.

Anyway doc advice was women who are sexually active should do annual checks.

you an find cheap soft warm water bottles at mustapha, dont't remember the price but its worth it i think.

Welcome Gabrielle, best to do a check up after 6 months just to be sure all is good. I had the full treatment last oct as I was diagnosed with endo and went for laparoscopy surgery. My dr told me I was ovulating fine and I even saw the HSG blue dye procedure on video which they filmed during my surgery.
    in any case, going for a check up is always good and can prevent pbs, and save time

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    How was the HSG experience for you gals? Mine was so darn painful and I bled so much after that it was like I just gave birth -___-

I couldn't even see the dye pass through cos I was in so much pain. after that my blood pressure went so low, I wasn't even allowed to leave the clinic after the procedure....

Now I have a phobia of the procedure...dont't know if I could bring myself to do it again

Did he gynae gave you any med to take before you went for the procedure? The med my gynae gave me....I took them right before I left the house for the hospital and I developed such painful cramps I vomitted in the car...after I asked the gynae why, he told me this was to open the cervix to allow the catheter to be inserted....was that necessary? I was kinda pissed with my then gynae for not forewarning me about the side effects of the drug

They have the smaller size one $39, but I think not big enough for tummy and big one last up till 4hrs. I got used taka voucher so pay lesser. Hehe. I think yesterday I put too much water, kinda heavy but I notice I didn't toss around, sleep quite sound, only halfway I push the bottle to the side

omg TVH, sounds horrible ! yah the gyne could have warned you...I think some
    doctors really take patients pain for granted...
    well I was out for mine but from what I saw on the video, I saw my uterus expand and move in every direction it was just so weird. also after my procedure my menses didnt flow the same way as before, like if the flow was leaking more upwards. so I guess it does kind of move things around a bit

My hsg experience wasn't as harrowing as tvh's.

My gynae gave me ponstan (painkiller) to be taken half hour before. I did deep breathing exercises when I changed into the gown and whilst waiting. I told psycho myself it will all be fine and envision it will help to clear any blockage. Also told myself the catheter would be smaller than the thingy the gynae uses for vaginal ultrasound and smaller than my dear's "equipment" so it shouldn't be that bad!

In the room I told the radiologist and nurse to talk to me so that I will be distracted. Hahaha they were pretty nice, we talked about why the radiologist specialized in radiology and he told me how amazing it is it see inside the human body etc. the nurse also told me to breath deeply before the insertion.

So all in all, I would say it was a bit uncomfortable. But it wasn't painful.

i was also quite amazed at how the dye slowly flowed to form the shape and I was like wow, the human body is amazing isn't it (ok I was a biology student so I am quite a geek).

To anyone who is going for hsg - my suggestion is take ponstan (if you are not allergic and prescribed by your gynae) and then deep breathes to relax. There is really no point getting all anxious and worked up cuz you know you still have to do it, so might as well do it in a more relaxed state.

sometimes if we know the discomfort of the procedure we get so tensed up on the examination table
    i wish they use anasthetic haha

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    My gynae didn't give me ponstan. It was something else. I later googled the name of the med and discovered it was actually used to induce abortion that's why the drug allowed the cervix to open. Was quite unhappy I wasn't told. I went to forum to check and couldn't find anyone who was prescribed that. Mostly were prescribed just normal painkillers. I dont't know why the gynae have me such strong med. Anyway I changed gynae since.

Wa tvh that was a not very nice gynae. 无缘无故 go and expand your cervix! Eh can share who is this fella?

Hahaha quincy - so the trick for me is to talk and talk on the examination table. Best if the doc is good looking so got eye candy Personally I thought hsg is waaaaay less painful and less uncomfortable than doing a root canal!

Littlehamster - dont't put so much water. Too heavy and 压 the tummy not too good. Hahaha but like that means can get flat belly easily?

Gnissim I didn't get any referral from polyclinic so mine is private rate which is similar to private gyneas. I heard for those subsidized patients, the waiting time for appointment is longer and can't choose the doc.

Gabrielle welcome. You should be very young from your nick. Usually gyneas will advise couples to try for a year naturally and if there's no news, you can do those fertility tests. For now, you can try bbt which many here are doing or use opks to better track your ovulation. Do remember to take your folic acid or Blackmores conceive well which many of us are taking.

TVH I took the HSG test and it was horrifying for me. I wasn't even given any medicine or painkiller before the procedure and the cramps during the test were 10-100 times worse than my menstrual cramps! I think I nearly fainted but the thought of doing it for conception pushes me on. Only after the procedure I did some research and realize what it was about. But I remember you did it not too long ago right? The dye may flush and unblock the tubes making one more fertile.

Littlej when I wrote in my earlier posts on myself having more than what I bargained for.. The results showed I ve fibroids and I was advised to remove them as they will grow and hinder pregnancy. It's actually very common among women in their reproductive years but many do not know they have them until they go for scans. I will do whatever I can but really I feel it's fate at work now.

Imperial Concubine
    Welcome Gabrielle! dont't feel stress esp when you just started not long...no good to be stress.. indeed when couples are relax they tend to get it by accident easily....haha.

Oh yeah one good news for me...went to test opk again just now and the lines are back! Whew...means have not't o and still got chance!

Imperial Concubine

I think hospital test is just to do check at a slightly cheaper rate.. I feel the people there r quite not so helpful. They see my results n just like say ya should be ok. No problem. Try again longer if 1 yr more no have then go book appt. Zzz.. But I also dont wanna go hospital already..

Superwoman: the more detailed scan shows fibroid? Im not sure if mine is gg to be detail scan anot.. but tfm suspect I got polyps but he ssy is due to hormones and it wun like go off permanatly. Any idea on this?

Imperial Concubine

Poohy: wow.. tts good! Is the color thicker? Maybe that opk spoil. Since its a weekend try to take the test twice a day! I keep wanting to buy clearblur smilely but I feel is so exp. -.-