Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by rav3naers Originally Posted by Miko52:769623 Am feeling the AF symptoms :-/ backache, abdominal cramp and swollen breasts... ...

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko52:769623
    Am feeling the AF symptoms :-/ backache, abdominal cramp and swollen breasts...
    Only swollen bbs for me. 2 days to AF. How bout you miko?
    Mine is 3 more days to AF eor.

Happysoul: hope its good news for you!

Oh that incident...almost forgot. So sad one I'm very emo whenever I open newspapers one morning and get to read all these horrid disasters. That's why I dont't read papers first thing in morning anymore. I can't handle starting the day being saddened. After your post, I also told hubby we shouldnt go japan now you know. He totally agrees.

Ladies, now local musuem is open free for singaporeans (has it started for good?). If you have time and like to relax your mind (from trying to concieve!), can pop by I find it therapeutic soaking in the arts and history.

Worthy Lady

Ya my husband and i have wanted to go japan for holidays but since we r trying to conceive, he said better to be safe than sorry.

@littlej, dragontail , prayinghard, miko52 - thanks for the wishes..

@prayinghard - I hope I feel little better to test and then plan out the surprise..

I feel as if my body is being squeezed out of each and every bit of energy..wish I could take mc today, have things to work on at office..

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

happysoul- i'm also super exhausted....not sure due to work or PMS symptoms....every day knock out and cant wake up in morning. wish i can sleep in this morning also but then got work ....sigh...took chicken essence in morning and now drinking coffee.. really need to perk me up.

dragontail- haha, that pencil case very expensive last time !

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:769719
    Oh that incident...almost forgot. So sad one I'm very emo whenever I open newspapers one morning and get to read all these horrid disasters. That's why I dont't read papers first thing in morning anymore. I can't handle starting the day being saddened. After your post, I also told hubby we shouldnt go japan now you know. He totally agrees.

Ladies, now local musuem is open free for singaporeans (has it started for good?). If you have time and like to relax your mind (from trying to concieve!), can pop by I find it therapeutic soaking in the arts and history.
    I think the free entry starts from 18 may..

Have a big hunch someone gonna drop a bfp news sometime very soon ) waiting waiting....

Ya poohy! Thats why I looooved my pencil cases. Spent most of my pocket money on cute stationery. Especially those japanese ones. Every week I will go daimaru stationery department to ogle at them

Thanks so much for the info natalie!

Imperial Concubine

Oh yes, I remember those pencil cases. They were super cool and if you had them you were the most popular in class.
    Of course I did not have them . My parents always recycle my sister/ brother items for me as I am the youngest.

I have a dilemma re: Japan and trying to concieve/ conceiving.
    Most definitely I believe the Japanese Govt is giving a dumped down version of the real spread of radiation.
    But I go there every quarter or so and also my father lives there so I have been there almost every year in my life or so.
    Of course my father is very Japanese so he will say things like " hah! take airplane already more radiation!"
    I am going again in May and June because of family things.
    So far Japanese people I know are OK. But they live in the Kansai and Kanto area. (very far from Fukushima)
    And I feel so sad everytime the Aunties at my office says to me, "eh you dont go Japan wait you lose your baby you know" * Im not pregnant now
    then they proceed to tell me story of someone they know friend of friend etc etc
    It would be more credible for direct accounts rather than friend-of-friend hearsay.
    Sigh

Anyway today after being 9 days late AF arrived.
    And today I will know my travel schedule for the next 3 months. Sian . If away it means husband and I cannot get it on!
    Means no baby chance.

This is getting me so down.

Hurry up bonus time come.

Morning ladies! Wah....so many things to read already. The pencil box really brings back memories.

Happysoul, hope you get well soon and share good news

Ebichan: Its pretty cool to be able to travel so often though jetlag do affect women more biologically. Japan is lovely, sadly only been there once. Abit ex . Haha...

About the level of radiation, you can never be too careful. My gfs all advice me not to go on trips or anything when trying to concieve or pregnant.

my cousin and his wife are going to Japan in April for their honeymoon and plan to make a baby there lol.

wow I read a couple of ladies having early preg symptoms ! time for POAS )

Good morning!

Me feeling unwell too - sore throat and a runny nose. I've decided to heck it and take medical leave and just rest / sleep it off.

Hee hee - Dragontail, I used to spend all my pocket money on stickers (puffy stickers, furry stickers especially) and stationery (particularly erasers or rubber as I used to call it when I was younger - not knowing rubber had another meaning :P). Daimaru and Yaohan... fond memories. I think kids these days are quite sad sometimes playing with all the technological stuff. What happened to hopskotch, marbles (go li!), eraser game, five stones, chess?!?!

Sometimes, I wonder if it's the parents being lazy (It's easier to shove an iPad in front of the kids' face than finding different toys / books to entertain).. Or if it's just sign of the times. I mean, when I was young, I remembered I had to sit still at the dining table or risk having no dinner. But nowadays if kids dont't want to sit still at the dining table, parents will just put the iPad in front of them. My own friend has decided to wean her 3 year old off the iPad so she hasn't been using the iPad for 4 weeks now. She did agree it was tough but she felt it was necessary.

ebichan - you're Jap / half Jap?!?! Sorry about the post. Hope you dont't take offense but it's just what I've heard. I personally have friends who work in public hospitals and have declined work-related trips to Japan.

ebichan - Re: travels. I dont't know what you do but would it help if you told your boss about your making babies plan? I told my boss a few months back that I am trying to concieve-ing and that sometimes the travel schedule is interfering given there are literally only 12 times in a year to make a baby and I'm also not getting any younger! He's been very understanding (he's a family man) so he told me I have his blessings if I need to change the meeting / trip if it clashes with the "making baby period" - At least for those meetings that can be changed anyway. And if anyone questions on why the meeting needs to be changed, he also said I can use his name by saying my boss needs me in Singapore during that week I dont't know if it'd help in you case by being open with your boss.

Littlej: Agreed about the kids and adults alike being fixation on ipads and hps. My hubby also one of the 低头族. Haha...jialat... the other day managed to lure my cousins' kids to my gaming room to play dance central together. At least some Exercise and interaction. Hurhur

Get well soon too!

Imperial Concubine

Rav3naers, yeah! I wish to see those pencil cases again!
    Im slow starter in life. Mid career change so I need to go to Japan often for my work.

Tricky, ooh!! April is a lovely time. Might be too late for Sakura but as long as holiday, both relax, baby sure blessed upon them!
    Maybe can go to baby making shrine too to pray!

LittleJ, no problem! I'm not offended or anything when people say about Japan and radiation but just sad about the situation because many people lost ways to live.
    Thank you for givIng me good advice but I can't expect my boss to understand.
    She is one of the reasons I will not stay long in the company sadly.
    Anyway that one another rant another story.

I've decided to re-start baby making after next period.
    My sister in law bought me Fertility Cleanse which preps body for conceiving . I might as well try it.
    Will report here if good or not.

Oh ebichan, sorry didnt mean to be insensitive!! Ya I dont have direct friends whom have had experienced the aftermath (I mean thank goodness). It's those moments that we "siam" just to be sure.

Never heard of fertilty cleanse. What does it do?

Btw, now I can't help to think of ebi fry when I see your nick. Love ebi

Wa rav - you got gaming room ! Hahaha yes dance central is good exercise. So is the Nike game! I can get muscle aches from playing kinect.

Ebichan - for me, who I work for and with are very important. Actually I had a horrid boss before this current one but my colleagues were really nice so that's how I managed to stay on and survive the horrid boss. What fertility cleanse btw? Oh ebichan- you might also wanna consider wearing socks to sleep. Good to warm the feet, many of us here are doing that.

Shucks now I am thinking of buying the pencil case. I wonder if my colleagues will get a shock if I whip out the pencil case during meetings

Worthy Lady

Ya ebichan, do share with us what this fertility cleanse do

Dragontail : eh i did have same tots as you. I love ebi fry! Yum yum

Oooh i have a gaming room at home too for my big baby - my hubby! He loves to play game...

Littlej: Gaming room will turn to baby room hopefully. Hurhur. Seriously can still find those pencil case? I remembered mine to have pretty anime princess printed, very proud of it. Haha. And the paper dolls with paper interchangable outfits.

Recently also feeling really nostalgic. Looking for 古早味 food and items.

I'm now at clinic Also fallen ill like you, littlej. My first medical leave of the year. Hope the next medical leave is to see Dr John Tee

That's why friends say these days kids are easy to take care because you just need to shove game gadgets to them to get them tamed. Indeed, when we were young, no such things as non-food related stuff on the dining table. And you better address every senior at the table before you are supposed to start eating. And no such thing as getting off the table until you finish your food. Seems like we dont't see much of that anymore. I must admit that at times me and hubby have the habit of whipping out our mobile during meals together. But we are making conscious effort to avoid that. And we both agree we will not let our child do that during his/her meals.

By the way, we practice this little game at social meals/drinks. And it works. Everyone takes out their mobile and place at the centre of the table. Whoever is the first to touch his phone, foots the bills
    Last edited by Dragontail; 19-03-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Now I feel like having jap food!

Dragontail - get well soon. I am self-medicating ie sleep it off. Wonder if it will work... Problem is I can't sleep!

Ooo - that is a good idea! I think I saw it in a show before too... Oh yes me and dear have a habit of whipping out the phone esp him! Maybe I should try this idea with him.

Haha I wish too I can find the pencil case now. I think mine was pink. Got Xiao Tian Tian print! Lol dont know if you ladies remember this jap cartoon.

Rav, my favourite was also paper dolls! Oh so nostalgic indeed. Sometimes my sis would draw and color paper dolls for me. I will take care of the cutting.

Worthy Lady

take care everybody .. Drink more water ....
    me gonna go visit traditional chinese medicine today after hearing friend reccomendation. first time visiting traditional chinese medicine .... wonder what will they do there ... ....

Dragontail: Get well soon too. Weather is really hot these few days plus most of us work in aircon offices.

I shall try the game with my husband. I guess i will be enjoying alot more free meals. Mwahaha.

Bringing up kids will never be easy. But in this era there r so many 'tools' to control them that we r slowly losing our patience to educate them properly. So many parents r blaming teachers for 'punishing' the students. Well we will never know what kind of parents we will be in the future. Spare rod spoil the child.

Gabrielle - which traditional chinese medicine are you visiting?