Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

  • You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by Thelay:769904 Rav3naers>> thanks . quite nauseous all the time. Can't eat much.Food smell make me puke. But ...

  1. #4376
    Imperial Concubine rav3naers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelay:769904
    Rav3naers>> thanks . quite nauseous all the time. Can't eat much.Food smell make me puke. But stomach is always hungry.vomited once in the morning.. dont't know why normal brushing teeth make me vomit. Compare to friend, mine is consider quite ok. Friend vomited all the time.
    I guess for the most part every mother have to go thru that puking stage unless super lucky. some say morning sickness is good, means your body is recognising your baby in your body and tuning your body. Most impt is hav a healthy pregnancy you can and will make it thru

  2. #4377
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9
    So funny that all our nicks are all about foodies. Ebi, gao her, dao si, hum jin pang.....

    Thelay, yeah I cant imagine poor mummies puking throughout their first trime. How to absorb nutrients like that? poor thing. I guess you can try to eat smaller meals more regularly. I actually miss morning sickness symptoms!!

  3. #4378
    Imperial Concubine rav3naers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    5
    Thelay, i m also taking herbalife shakes as supplements. Heard that some mummies drink the shakes during pregnancy to get enough nutrients. Might help if you cant take solid food for now. Or can try cereal or oatmeal porridge?

  4. #4379
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Haha all your nicknames so cute
    I am quite interested in accupuncture
    what does it do for fertility?
    Is it to regulate and cleanse?

    I agree that it makes sense regarding a warm uterus.
    I shall read up more on what to eat.

    Thelay, are you going to try the anti-nausea pills?

    Rav3naers, why are there such insensitive people?
    I feel your frustration!

    MissA, I also like rilakkuma but not sure why my mother in law always give me Hello Kitty things

  5. #4380
    Imperial Concubine rav3naers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    5
    Acupuncture acts as a trigger for ovulation, make uterus more hospitable fir the swimmers. Hmmm..got chance will ask my physician for more info

  6. #4381
    Worthy Lady happysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    4

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    I need advice from you all ladies..I am sure it will help me..
    I am getting bouts of high temperature since last week, it increases from afternoon till night.. I got twice or thrice last week but it was ok when I woke up in the morning..

    Since yday I am experiencing it again, I understood it is like a schedule, morning time is ok but slowly after lunch I can feel my body get warm and by the time I reach home and I sleep I can feel warm air from my body..my hubby also feels quite warm when he touches me..
    Last week was ok but since yday I have got running nose and sore throat too so the high temperature is getting untolerable..I am planning to visit GP, get medicine, mc and take rest..no energy otherwise after lunch time..

    On the other side, I am waiting to test hpt will wait for another 3 days or so..so I cannot go to gynae as she told in case no spotting/bleeding, then can come after 2 weeks of missed AF..

    So should I go to GP and say that I may be pregnant so give me suitable medicines for cold/fever or should I just take normal Panadol and try to tolerate it for two weeks time in case I get bfp as I feel this effect of high temperature is somewhere related to missed AF..

    By evening time, I feel my body is sucked out all the energy, very exhausting..o
    Please advice...
    Last edited by happysoul; 19-03-2013 at 04:28 PM.

  7. #4382
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Hello ladies!

    I'm new here! Both me and hubby are 30 this year, got married in 2011 and started trying to concieve-ing in 2012 to no success.

    I have a very long cycle (range from 41-45 days) and it does make me worried. I am also gaining weight like nobody business.
    I suspect i might have PCOS and is now considering to go for a fertility check for both of us to pinpoint our problems.

    But other than that, i also attribute our unsuccessful journey to stress cos i hold a full time job and run a sideline business. So after office hours, i cook dinner and get down to my sideline business and sleep by 12 midnight or so. By then i would be either too tired to BD or my husband would have KO already.
    So i'll leaving my full -time job soon and concentrate on my business and take time off to start conceiving.

    So far i have tried going to DR Su for about 3 times. I'm Malay.. so i seriously can't get used to drinking Chinese meds.. It is too bitter for me and i feel like Dr Su gave us standard template answers each time... so i stopped going... I'm starting on Conceive Well and taking EPO. Was just wondering if you ladies tried drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea? Cos it was said that it good to tone the uterus.

    Oh and any recommendations on any good gynae to help do fertility checks. Preferably someone in the west area and open after office hours.

  8. #4383
    Imperial Concubine rav3naers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    5
    Happysoul: Its better to go c gp but let him know that you missed your period and might be preggers. dont know if your body can fight off the infection if any. Have you taken your temp? Please take care. Hugz

  9. #4384
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ang mo kio
    Posts
    450
    Rep Power
    4

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Hi thanks for all for your concern. Eating was such a hard work. Hope all those suffering are worth it.
    Happysoul>> high temperature sounds like good news. I have high temperature as well. Sometimes I think I am running fever..
    Salute you for able to tahan testing. I tested like over 10 test kits. Different brands some more.

  10. #4385
    Imperial Concubine rav3naers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop:769951
    Hello ladies!

    I'm new here! Both me and hubby are 30 this year, got married in 2011 and started trying to concieve-ing in 2012 to no success.

    I have a very long cycle (range from 41-45 days) and it does make me worried. I am also gaining weight like nobody business.
    I suspect i might have PCOS and is now considering to go for a fertility check for both of us to pinpoint our problems.

    But other than that, i also attribute our unsuccessful journey to stress cos i hold a full time job and run a sideline business. So after office hours, i cook dinner and get down to my sideline business and sleep by 12 midnight or so. By then i would be either too tired to BD or my husband would have KO already.
    So i'll leaving my full -time job soon and concentrate on my business and take time off to start conceiving.

    So far i have tried going to DR Su for about 3 times. I'm Malay.. so i seriously can't get used to drinking Chinese meds.. It is too bitter for me and i feel like Dr Su gave us standard template answers each time... so i stopped going... I'm starting on Conceive Well and taking EPO. Was just wondering if you ladies tried drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea? Cos it was said that it good to tone the uterus.

    Oh and any recommendations on any good gynae to help do fertility checks. Preferably someone in the west area and open after office hours.
    Welcome! And what a detailed intro...the weight gain part might not be pcos until you get tested. Maybe its just metabolic slowdown. Hope to learn and share our trying to concieve journey with you

  11. #4386
    Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    1,356
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    happysoul: let doctor say you trying to concieve, and suspect preggy, ask for preggy-safe medication. you sure you dont want test now? hehe

  12. #4387
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Welcome! And what a detailed intro...the weight gain part might not be pcos until you get tested. Maybe its just metabolic slowdown. Hope to learn and share our trying to concieve journey with you
    Thanks rav! I hope it's just metabolic slowdown too or i'm eating too much good food! lol
    I'm on my 3rd day of menses now and can't wait for it to be over so that i can start trying again!

    It's funny how the Big 'O' no longer refers to orgasm, but ovulation for us in the trying to concieve journey! hehe

  13. #4388
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop View Post
    Hello ladies!

    I'm new here! Both me and hubby are 30 this year, got married in 2011 and started trying to concieve-ing in 2012 to no success.

    I have a very long cycle (range from 41-45 days) and it does make me worried. I am also gaining weight like nobody business.
    I suspect i might have PCOS and is now considering to go for a fertility check for both of us to pinpoint our problems.

    But other than that, i also attribute our unsuccessful journey to stress cos i hold a full time job and run a sideline business. So after office hours, i cook dinner and get down to my sideline business and sleep by 12 midnight or so. By then i would be either too tired to BD or my husband would have KO already.
    So i'll leaving my full -time job soon and concentrate on my business and take time off to start conceiving.

    So far i have tried going to DR Su for about 3 times. I'm Malay.. so i seriously can't get used to drinking Chinese meds.. It is too bitter for me and i feel like Dr Su gave us standard template answers each time... so i stopped going... I'm starting on Conceive Well and taking EPO. Was just wondering if you ladies tried drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea? Cos it was said that it good to tone the uterus.

    Oh and any recommendations on any good gynae to help do fertility checks. Preferably someone in the west area and open after office hours.
    welcome! I just joined few days ago and it is a good forum for me
    Learnt a lot here
    Sorry to hear your challenges.

    RE: Chinese medicine, I am not used to them, too. Im not used to taking chinese medicine.
    For naturopathy fertility boosting, my sister in law sent me Fertility Cleanse. Has tea to drink.
    And to to tone the uterus.
    I am starting this after my period ends.

    Sorry I can't give good gynae reference for the West area. hope other girls can give good one!

  14. #4389
    Worthy Lady missA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    happysoul: i think you can let your GP know that you might be preggy so they can prescribe you pregsafe medication. Previously I went to see doc for some infection and told her that I am tcc-ing so she gave me anti-biotic which she deem safe for preggy... hope you feel better soon and tested for BFP hopefully!

    pinklolitapop: welcome to the forum! work stress definitely contribute to problems in trying to concieve. even stress from trying to concieve can cause a big problem. >< I tink it's good that you're quitting your day job so you can have more time to settle your body and ready to start the actual trying to concieve journey. good luck to you!

  15. #4390
    Worthy Consort Dragontail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Had a whole (BIG) red dragonfruit and started getting a little diarrhea. I googled and found out dragonfruit is a natural laxative. Didnt know that! Now I know what to turn to when I have constipation.

    happysoul, if I were you, I already test hpt and go on to getting hormone pills (if needed), rather than suspecting the symptoms. I mean if it's a bfp. If it's bfn, at least I know what I should do next if I were feeling unwell. That's just what I will do , because I dont like to wait and I dont like to suspect. Hehe.

    Hi pinklolita, welcome! I think seeing a fertility doc will be a good start. Perhaps other ladies here can recommend... I dont see fertility doc so I can't help.

  16. #4391
    Worthy Lady happysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    4

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    @rav3naers, thelay, littlehamster - thanks for the advices..
    I have not't measure the temperature..I am planning to go to GP and get mc for tommorow..will inform her that I am TTCing and have missed AF..

    As I said earlier, I am waiting patiently to cross the max AF cycle I had till date which is 32 days..
    I belong to aries sunsign and one of the negative qualities which is listed in most of the information regarding aries is Impatience..but I consider myself as much patient compared to my hubby who is one of the most impatient person I have seen..the information in the books and Internet is so wrong about aries patience!!!

    Anyways I am looking forward to the test time.. positive or negative I am up for it..

  17. #4392
    Imperial Concubine
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    spore
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    haha happysoul, i think the doc might ask you to do a preg test at clinic also.
    rest well and drink more water.

    thelay...eat many small meals bah....i heard my friend said she took those gassy isotonics to ease MS also. you may want to try ...or take tonic water...gas helps to burp out the wind.

  18. #4393
    Worthy Lady happysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    4

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    After reading the responses, I am wondering if it is abnormal to wait after AF is overdue to test, i am 2 days late..also my obgyn said can come after two weeks if no spotting/bleeding if bfp..
    I am confused now that if get bfp then should wait or go immediately see obn gyn..I am planning to test tommorow or max by Thursday..
    I am so confused now.. sorry my mind is not clearly working..

  19. #4394
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Choa chu kang
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Hi all.... Been reading this thread. Very interesting and positive thread.

    This will be my first month trying to concieve-ing... I have tried my first uterine massage last week. Now my womb feel sore but it's a good sign. It is to help to redirected our uterus to the proper position in case you have a tilted uterus and also to bring blood flow to our organs. I've notice that no thread on this so am coming out to share my experience.

  20. #4395
    Worthy Lady tricky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    katong
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    4

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    happysoul, even if only 2 days late, I'd test straight away.actually as soon as you suspect you should test and if its positive go see the gyne so that he can see if need to keep levels up. that is what I would do.

    welcome pinklolitapop, this thread is very resourceful, I'm sure you'll find some comfort among us

  21. #4396
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    thank you for the warm welcome ladies!
    im trying to read this thread slowly and absorb whatever i can!

    Tried to chart my bbm but im hopeless with it. I wake up at 8.00am to check my temps and while waiting for the thermometer to beep, i managed to doze off and the thermometer will just fall off and by the time i realise, it'll be pointless right. But need to persevere and start charting!

    I'm also using the cheap opks but it is seriously stressing me out because the line is sometimes so faint, i dont't know when i'm ovulating.
    So whenever i get a faint line on my opk, i will use the clearblue one as well, just to see if i can get a smiley face.

    but is it true that even if you get a smiley face, it does not guarantee that you are ovulating?

  22. #4397
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Hi all.... Been reading this thread. Very interesting and positive thread.

    This will be my first month trying to concieve-ing... I have tried my first uterine massage last week. Now my womb feel sore but it's a good sign. It is to help to redirected our uterus to the proper position in case you have a tilted uterus and also to bring blood flow to our organs. I've notice that no thread on this so am coming out to share my experience.
    Hello DDT!
    Can i know where did you do the uterine massage and was it painful?
    Cos i have heard of some people who went for these massages, and they said it was very painful.

  23. #4398
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
    After reading the responses, I am wondering if it is abnormal to wait after AF is overdue to test, i am 2 days late..also my obgyn said can come after two weeks if no spotting/bleeding if bfp..
    I am confused now that if get bfp then should wait or go immediately see obn gyn..I am planning to test tommorow or max by Thursday..
    I am so confused now.. sorry my mind is not clearly working..
    If it is late..my take is that you could test already. If it is BFP, then you may consider to book an appointment with the gynae. A point to note that if you schedule your appt too early, there is a possibility that you may not see anything during your appt as it is too early.

  24. #4399
    Worthy Lady happysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    4

    We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Probably my decision was wrong! will test tommorow and head to obgyn if bfp..

    Welcome pinklolita and DDT..you will feel good to be part of this support group..very comforting group..

  25. #4400
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

    Quote Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
    I need advice from you all ladies..I am sure it will help me..
    I am getting bouts of high temperature since last week, it increases from afternoon till night.. I got twice or thrice last week but it was ok when I woke up in the morning..

    Since yday I am experiencing it again, I understood it is like a schedule, morning time is ok but slowly after lunch I can feel my body get warm and by the time I reach home and I sleep I can feel warm air from my body..my hubby also feels quite warm when he touches me..
    Last week was ok but since yday I have got running nose and sore throat too so the high temperature is getting untolerable..I am planning to visit GP, get medicine, mc and take rest..no energy otherwise after lunch time..

    On the other side, I am waiting to test hpt will wait for another 3 days or so..so I cannot go to gynae as she told in case no spotting/bleeding, then can come after 2 weeks of missed AF..

    So should I go to GP and say that I may be pregnant so give me suitable medicines for cold/fever or should I just take normal Panadol and try to tolerate it for two weeks time in case I get bfp as I feel this effect of high temperature is somewhere related to missed AF..

    By evening time, I feel my body is sucked out all the energy, very exhausting..o
    Please advice...
    Is your AF late? If yes, you could inform the doc so that he/she will prescribe the medication that is suitable for pregnant women.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Connect With Us

facebook twitter rss

MummySG Facebook Group

Loading...
All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:09 AM.