Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 18 of 912 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 68 118 518 ... LastLast
Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; I suggest no exerts on your pelvic for now, littlej. Yes take a break since you've O-ed....

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

I suggest no exerts on your pelvic for now, littlej. Yes take a break since you've O-ed.

Worthy Lady

This calculator seems helpful. To Calculate the Ovulation date based on OPKS positive and negative dates and timing. And to tell you the range of dates to baby dance.

Ovulation Predictor (OPK) Intercourse and Sex Calculator | BabyMed.com

Worthy Lady

Dragontail

i wanted to learn zumba too but did not due to T.T.C-ing
    i used to learn Salsa, Tango for more than 3 years and i really love dancing
    i also took up hiphop and jazz before i T.T.C
    now i really miss them...
    last time i was really active.... other than dancing, i also learn Muaythai and Chinese martial arts..... never expect myself to become a fat pig now after previous m/c and current T.T.C-ing..

@dragontail - I tried Zumba before but I got two left feet so hahaha I felt super unsexy and unglam in the class

Oh... Em not to dampen your mood but my mum also mentioned no Tom yum and those food / soup with clams etc. not sure if it is just my mum being kiasu.

Actually I am also going away end month - a pre planned holiday with my friends too. And it coincides with my first day of af! So I guess if af comes it will just be troublesome but at least I can take my mind off the sadness. If af doesn't come then I will be dying of anticipation (cuz I promised dear I will only do the test when I am with him )

Dragontail - in such instances - should I get both kinds of med from dr wu? Or you think she will be able to "know" before I go?

Dragontail my pimples are popping in the chin/jaw area too. Someone told me its cos didn't drink enough water. Are your medication for skin external application or oral? If oral med then better to stop while tccing cos may be harmful to the foetus. And pimples appearing after one another in the same area is due to that area being infected so try not to squeeze them.. for myself i applied external antibiotics lotion in the area. Also you can substitute longans with black sugar for LRD tea if you feel it's too heaty for you but longans made the tea more fragrant I feel

No massages of all forms while pregnant? Hmm I didn't know that and I thought there are those tailored for pregnant women which I was told..

Faithmummy Muay Thai is really fierce and you learnt chinese martial arts! I always wanted to try that like Yong Chun Quan. I remembered asking Dr Su about my aerobics classes and she said better to stop them and go outside for brisk walk and fresh air. Can do some toning moves on your own at home?

Hi faithmummy, I think that site is great for OPK-ers!

Yes, so many things to compromise on when t-c-cing. I was with Amore and I enjoyed boxing and yoga and hi impact aerobics. Did try belly dance class but dont know why I dont look beautiful doing it. lol.

Hahah... littlej, I also dont know if I can do it on the Zumba. Saw some youtube videos and I got interested. Well, dont know when I can really try it

You're right again. Also those cold cold desserts and sweet coconut are no-nos. Cant even eat my favourite papaya salad from my fav stall at Platinum Mall! I think I might feel like I were in SG, just that everyone speaks Thai. Keke.

Oh that's so sweet of you both! So far I always tested when alone and broke the news to hubby when he got home. He would be ecstatic

Yes, do tell Dr Wu your situation and she would probably give you an-tai kind of medicine. She says better to be safe.

Dragontail *hi 5* I'm with Amore too so you totally stop going for the classes?? My package ends in feb 2014 so am just continuing with it. Which branches do you frequent? Maybe we know each other

@superwoman, last time I had acnes I took Diane35. It's basically contraception pills. It did miracles for me on my skin. Of course, I cant touch it now. My skin situation now is like that! Always the same near spot I get new pimples. So troubled by it. I have been applying antiseptic lotion diligently. I really think it's my hormone problem. But I also think I need time to get rid of them. So ya, I drink loads of plain water now everyday. Once I stopped my confinement longan drinks, and replaced with sky juice, I did see a teeny bit of skin improvement. Wont touch this beverage again! (unless confinement again)

I was shared by a malay massage lady that you can start doing pre-natal massage at 5th month. It will help to ease any cramp or strain during the pregnancy.

^5 too superwoman! Mine stopped like a yr plus ago already. They asked me to renew but I said I was t-c-cing so dont want to renew. I went mainly to thomson plaza and bugis junction. I like Cheryl's boxing class. High energy! Wonder if she's still there. How about you, which you pop by?

Hey Dragontail I only followed Cheryl's classes since 2007 yes her kick boxing classes are really high impact but I stopped them since last year. Only go for her belly dance and aerobics classes.. Her stretchfit classes are good too. I frequent Bugis and Jurong Point outlets nowadays Dont think I'm going to renew too when my package ends ..

Worthy Lady

Dragontail
    ya ya i just started using opks and i find this calculator quite helpful..have you cone back from bkk?

Superwomencqy,
    My hubby is learning yong chun now... i want to join him but i did not due to t.t.c.ing.
    Dr su also told me same thing hehe. She say the best exercise for us now is brisk walking under the morning sun... she also say we can climb stairs when i ask her... because i got a habit to climb 12 storeys every evening when i reach home from work...

Faithmummy how does your hubby find Yong Chun? Haha I find the moves really sleek after watching Ip Man hmm I lived on the 23rd stories so dont't think i can climb all the way but its definitely tough cos needs lots of stamina

@ superwoman, I guess we can only consider going such classes again after giving birth. If we still have the time and energy!

@ faithmummy, I'm going on 24Jan. Have to give up few things over there like massages and nice foodies since I might be on my TWW.

@faithmummy - I input my OPK dates onto the link but it seems to come out all wrong - Like first date negative is 070113 then first date positive is 080113 but everytime I click on calculate the site will change my dates to 110113 / 120113 - I tried on chrome, IE and even Safari on my HP. Is it because I'm putting an 'after the fact' date?

Here is a list of things i miss:
    1/ foot reflexology and the shoulder and back massage (I still have my package with want Yang)
    2/ body combat classes + hatha yoga + cross-trainer (plus flexibility to attend any class I want!)
    3/ wine + alcohol social occasions (I find I am going out lesser much lesser now cuz I dont't want to tempt myself + I also dont't want my kakis to know I'm trying to concieve-ing - otherwise they will keep asking how how!)
    4/ spontaneous ML sessions (In my mind - BD = timed die-die also must do, more of quantity versus quality ; ML = when the mood strikes, quality versus quantity :P)
    5/ spontaneous holidays / getaways with my dear (now a bit scared to make last minute plans just-in-case.. Also if plan for holiday, I try to plan during BD time :P)

Here's a list of what I gained:
    1/ Morning walks with my dog (My dog is no longer fat!)
    2/ A deeper relationship with my partner - with a simple act of cutting his game halfway to BD with me yesterday - Never in my life I thought he'd do that!
    3/ A healthier body - With the traditional chinese medicine's advice. Thanks @dragontail! Even my hair stylist yesterday said I looked more 'radiant' and 'healthier'.. Didn't look so sallow :P Also, healthier since I stopped drinking and eating more healthily
    4/ Flab - Muscles all turning to flab.. I can feel my thighs and arms vibrating now :P
    5/ A virtual friendship with everyone here in this forum - Thanks for being my sounding board and for hearing me rant.
    6/ More relaxed lifestyle - I never finished so many books & TVB dramas in a month!
    7/ More savings - Since I'm staying at home more often (But my power bill now going up!)
    8/ Closer relationship with my mum - She's been really a strong pillar of support and brewing soup for me consistently. Also appreciating that mothers really know best - On hindsight, I should have heeded my mum's advice and not been so 'career-minded' and 'headstrong' when younger - ie not wanting to settle down for fear that it will affect my career progress and independence.
    9/ Pilates & Yin Yoga - I never took Pilates & Yin Yoga before but now I have!
    10/ An in-depth understanding of this whole trying to concieve and pregnancy stuff works - I've got like 3 books and researched on so many websites, plus the advice from you folks. Hahaha my dear thinks all of us combined can form a 'consultancy firm' :P
    11/ Stronger person - Realizing that not everything is in my hands... And managing the ability to handle disappointment.

So I suppose all in all, if I compare both lists - I suppose trying to concieve days are better than pre-trying to concieve yah?

Hee hee - Sorry for the long post. Would be nice to see what your lists are :P

Littlej that's really a long list you have there but glad you are positive about Tcc-ing. Everyone of us would have made sacrifices while tcc-ing.. Not much changes for me in terms of lifestyle cos maybe I have not't even experience conceiving but I find the emotional roller coaster hardest to manage. Kept asking myself maybe we should ve gotten married earlier (been together since 1999 but only married in 2008) or not taking any precautions when young. Many regrets but guess no point for me to look back and we can only look forward.. So we have decided to go for IVF after cny cos I'm really worried about the declining egg quality with age.

Dragontail I foresee no time for those classes once we have kids .. Just running after them and looking after the household is enough exercises I hope

Very true, superwoman. Maybe when the kid is older... but then I know I'll be so old and beated already.

Littlej, those are really something! In life, they come in phases. We gain some; we lose some. Personally for myself, I dont live in regrets (I try!). I know all this MC episodes could be due to my age. But I know I cant afford to look back and say I should have done this should have done that. When I was in my 20s and 30s, I gained many things too. This t-c-cing is challenging for me now. And I will fight it my way. Ultimately, I may not get what I yearn for. And I know when the time comes. I only have one life with my hubby. We'll make the best out of it.

Worthy Lady

littlej

the same thing happen to me if i used mobile phone.
    but i switch to using Computer, the Calculator works... maybe you try using PC or laptop

Superwomancqy,

my hubby like Yong Chun very much... his instructor combined yongchun with some simple yoga...
    he said he feel very refreshed after each session.
    Actually you can try climbing to 5 or 6 floors then take a lift up to your home at 23?

Dragontail

yes yes, you need to give up massage and Spicy food when you are in BKK... TWW very important... since you have already tried... then just wait for news....
    remember to sleep early too, though it is hard when you are in overseas...

Faith mummy - I used laptop also dont't work . Which browser you use?

Hee hee - yes I can be quite soh when the mood strikes.

ya I also find the emotional roller coaster hard to manage. I wonder why can't god make it a 1 week wait instead of two weeks. If he created the world in 7 days why can't he create a baby in 7 days too!

Dragontail - love your mindset. So positive. I must learn from you.

Hmm for me - I not sure about ivf cuz I am very scared of needles and erm i need to get pass this barrier. Dear also believes should be natural... He doesn't even like IUI. So that is another major barrier.

Worthy Lady

littlej

i am using Google Chrome.. you?

I used chrome but cannot .

Worthy Lady

hmmmm weird
    how about I help you calculate?

based on the dates you give me above... i use the calculator to find below results

According to our estimation, you probably sometime between 01/08/2013 02:00and 01/08/2013 22:00.
    Based on these calculations, your optimal time for making love was between 01/06/2013 02:00 and 01/08/2013 10:00.

Extracted this from another thread :

Do List during 2ww:
    - Continue with supplements (folic acid)
    - Eat brazil nuts *heaty
    - Drink chicken essence *heaty
    - Eat durian *heaty
    - Drink red dates+wolfberry+logan drink *heaty
    - Drink immunocal
    - Eat high protein food (fish & egg whites)
    - Drink @ 2L of water daily
    - Eat more fruits (kiwi) *prevent constipation
    - Walk slowly
    - Talk to embbies everyday

dont't List during 2ww:
    - Do not do any strenous activity that affect stomach muscle (no squat/bend/climb stairs/lift heavy things)
    - Turn to your side and push up with hands when get up of bed
    - No sauna/hot tub/hot blanket/hot water bottle/hot pack
    - No intercourse
    - Do not self-medicate if fall sick
    - No raw/seafood/spicy/cooling food (no oyster, sashimi, squid, prawn, watermelon, pineapple, egg-plant, banana, payaya & all double-boiled soup)
    - No cold drinks

No banana? I just bought a bunch!!! milk can?

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    I used iPad to surf the opk site, can work. But it doesn't say about faint positives opk. Hmmm if I put in strong + date then accurate but they have timing thing too, I presume still need to test twice a day when nearer to O date to be more accurate

My 2ww this cycle I did a lot things I shouldnt do! Haha. Ate raw fish in jap restaurant last week n yesterday porridge raw fish~ and dont know why these few days if walk too fast will have side tummy pain so scary. First time experience this. Everyday I must chiong in mrt to get to work now must walk like old lady ._.

This is my preg test today at 13dpo. I kept seeing a faint evaporated line... Must be my mind working up. It's 10am urine ( I think I pee once when I woke up around 5-6am) what you gals think? I aso had funny dream -.- dreamt of a lot of snakes. So scary! I'm not a fan of real snakes ya. Yesterday me n sis went to Chinatown n walk walk happen to saw this shop displaying the soak snakes tonics eeeewwww~ ><

Ps: got a feeling upload the pic will be small

Btw I saw online gt deals for milk bottles n bought 2 . So kiasu hurrrr~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	96346