Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; oh yeah... not sure if any of you ladies have tried Raspberry Leaf Tea? Cos i have read online that ...

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

oh yeah...
    not sure if any of you ladies have tried Raspberry Leaf Tea? Cos i have read online that it improves your womb, tones the uterus and prevents miscarriage.
    Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and Fertility - ConceiveEasy

I know i have read somewhere, Jacelyn Tay (that mediacorp actress) also mentioned she drank Raspberry Leaf Tea while trying to conceive.

I have bought a box and been wanting to try but i've also heard some people said that Tea is too cooling and not good for women.
    That even Green Tea is also not suitable for us to drink. Now confused already.

and oh... im taking Conceive Well now. DO you ladies think i should take my EPO as well?
    I scared im taking too much things.. hahaha

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop View Post
    oh yeah...
    not sure if any of you ladies have tried Raspberry Leaf Tea? Cos i have read online that it improves your womb, tones the uterus and prevents miscarriage.
    Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and Fertility - ConceiveEasy

I know i have read somewhere, Jacelyn Tay (that mediacorp actress) also mentioned she drank Raspberry Leaf Tea while trying to conceive.

I have bought a box and been wanting to try but i've also heard some people said that Tea is too cooling and not good for women.
    That even Green Tea is also not suitable for us to drink. Now confused already.

and oh... im taking Conceive Well now. DO you ladies think i should take my EPO as well?
    I scared im taking too much things.. hahaha
    LOL Im the queen of taking many things.
    But I dont know about green tea. It's my habit to drink. Feel weird if dont have green tea.
    I think for what it's worth- the anti cancer properties, it is good!

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

red raspberry leaf tea, like Epo, causes uterine contractions. so you can't take it during 2ww. Best to take from day one of menses up until ovulation.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko52:770981
    AF this month came a day earlier and quite heavy compared to past few months.. dont know izit bcos of the EPO sial... Whole body so aching
    Maybe your body is cleansing? Hope you feel better soon.
    Maybe ... Haizzz.. Pms-ing ~~

hey...i'm reaching my af soon.
    guess what. i am not pmsing as yet.
    wow...EPO does wonders
    and i just took it for around merely 2 weeks only. my first intake.
    hope no pms at all for this cycle.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by ebichan View Post
    LOL Im the queen of taking many things.
    But I dont know about green tea. It's my habit to drink. Feel weird if dont have green tea.
    I think for what it's worth- the anti cancer properties, it is good!
    hahahaha my husband shakes head each time i eat my pills etc. he scared i overdose ley. lol
    ebichan likes this.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    red raspberry leaf tea, like Epo, causes uterine contractions. so you can't take it during 2ww. Best to take from day one of menses up until ovulation.
    Thanks TVH! Will bear that in mind!

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986 View Post
    wow...EPO does wonders
    Quincy - must hope AF never come at all for this cycle!!!

Ahhh.....ok have to bear in mind no cold food for now.

Yes the effect of EPO is very fast for curbing pms symptoms.

My heart just missed dont't know how many beats from the bright lightning and loud thunder just seconds ago!

Heee I'm generally very brave....but I totally go weak at the sight of lightnings!

Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop View Post

Quincy - must hope AF never come at all for this cycle!!!
    this month we never aim for it because been very bz with work. boss realise i am too free and we have job rotation n now a little overloaded @.@

Worthy Lady
    Best to avoid tea/caffeine when you & husband are trying to conceive. dont't drink or reduce coffee intake, all sorts of alcohol(no-no), chocolate drink and tea, especially green tea.
    However, you can experiment with herbal teas. I recommend roasted herbal roots such as barley, dandelion and lemongrass, peppermint, ginger root, rosehip, apple, hibiscus, and chamomile. These can be nourishing and satisfying without the depleting effects of caffeine.
    Decaffeinated options for tea and coffee aren't really good substitute as we have no idea how much chemicals are involved in the decaffeinated process.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by quincy1986 View Post
    wow...EPO does wonders
    Glad to hear that quincy! hope it does wonders for you!!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AudienceMama:771057
    Best to avoid tea/caffeine when you & husband are trying to conceive. dont't drink or reduce coffee intake, all sorts of alcohol(no-no), chocolate drink and tea, especially green tea.
    However, you can experiment with herbal teas. I recommend roasted herbal roots such as barley, dandelion and lemongrass, peppermint, ginger root, rosehip, apple, hibiscus, and chamomile. These can be nourishing and satisfying without the depleting effects of caffeine.
    Decaffeinated options for tea and coffee aren't really good substitute as we have no idea how much chemicals are involved in the decaffeinated process.
    Chamomile no no. Cos it will help relax and later the uterus relax and contractions

Imperial Concubine

if this month fails for me, i shall go and grab EPO! been having outbreaks..

have sudden sharp pains at right groin/side just now...yesterday was AF cramps....wonder whats going on inside again.....and because last month's cycle was a missed cycle, i also dont know how long is my cycle ....

i bought raspberry tea leaf pills! occassionally took but yar dont take during 2ww though...

Worthy Lady
    Taking yogurt during trying to concieve can help your body eliminate hormones it doesn't need anymore. If old hormones aren't eliminate, these can create an imbalance which can have negative effect on your fertility.

Buy yogurt that are 'live' and organic, steer clear the fruit yogurts as they can contain a lot of added sugar that will have a huge impact on your fertility. Meaning too much sugar intake will hinder ovulation

Worthy Lady

i didn't know chocolate drink also can't! lol
    Then i dont know what to drink already! I dont't know how some of you can refrain from cold drinks. I play cheat just now and drank coke during lunch cos it was so hot outside!! Felt guilty after that cos i never sayang my womb. hahaha

Imperial Concubine

hahaha pinklolitapop- me too! enjoyed my coke just now during lunch coz weather so hot! but now going to rain...aiyo, spore's weather really jia lat. Hot and Humid....

Everything in moderation really dont hurt if we go by the book, I think my days will be quite sad.

Worthy Lady
    Pinkloliapop... chocolate contains caffeine too and you can't cheat by switching to organic dark chocolate, LoL! Water and milk are your best choices. They provide proper conception to occur.

General infos: Methylxanthines is a substance found in coffee, black & green tea, cocoa, soft drinks, decaffeinated drinks, alcohol and some headache medications. It has been linked to benign breast condition. Due to that substance, women experienced breast discomfort in the week before a period.

Worthy Lady

i used to drink cold water for every meal.. but somehow i manage to stop this habit n not order drinks.. or order hot milo or tea..

@audiencemama : so which type of yogurt do you recommend?

Imperial Concubine

Oh dear.. green tea is a no no?
    But then for all the people who drink green tea in Japan, how they conceive? Thats why Japanese low birth rate?

quincy. i understand. im also very sian with work and my husband also tired with the constant travelling. During trying to concieve. I really wish we stay put one place. 12 chances 1 year. I month only few days. suddenly very sad.

Worthy Lady
    I am taking organic plain yogurt, sometimes greek yogurt. Even my gynae asked me to have yogurt during trying to concieve. dont't take frozen yogurt as it contains too much of sweeteners.

Worthy Lady
    Ebichan, I'm actually a trained oncology staff nurse. Most of my japanese lady patients are diagnosed with breast cancer. It's ok to have green tea in moderation as it is an anti-ageing drink.

The source of my daily caffeine used to be teh-si which is really bad for the womb. Love iced water, drinks, ice cream, BUBBLE TEA!!! etc etc. Love super spicy stuff too. After started trying to concieve, only drink warm water, drink half a cup of coffee, had a small ice cream only once a fortnight to get rid of the craving. Really cut down on the spicy food that my tolerance for chilli is super low now. Limit intake of fried stuff also. >_< geez...i really miss bubble tea, can only steal sips from hubby. Hahhha :x
    Last edited by rav3naers; 22-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by AudienceMama View Post
    Ebichan, I'm actually a trained oncology staff nurse. Most of my japanese lady patients are diagnosed with breast cancer. It's ok to have green tea in moderation as it is an anti-ageing drink.
    I will watch my intake! Thank you AudienceMama!
    Really respect to you for being a trained nurse in oncology. Very tough work? You have good medical knowledge!