Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Oh the feet soak thing looks so good!!! Little Hamster, your hubby is good!! I love dogs too but currently ...

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Oh the feet soak thing looks so good!!! Little Hamster, your hubby is good!!

I love dogs too but currently dont't have. Husband wants shiba ken. But I think it is better to adopt any suitable breed from the shelter if we can.
    Tricky, your mother lives in France? Over there do they have any good natural remedies re: fertility?

Maybe this is a random question. How many of you ladies currently work? If you are pregnant, do you plan to stop work?

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TVH:771172
    oh littlehamster...i wanted to buy that too but my house like nowhere to put...kinda did not dey...i read it can maintain temperature too....
    my traditional chinese medicine doc said soak feet in temperature of about 40 degrees is the best...cannot be too hot....
    Really , I like very hot , I can feel the coldness being chase away from My body, if not hot then no feeling

Littlehamster: Thats sweet i go look c look c also. Shld be quite shiok to soak feet since no bathtub to relax at home.

Ebichan: So many animal lovers here! Will probably get a pet after kids abit older. Best f a cat and a dog. Hee

Hopefully can be a stay at home mum if we can afford it. Cross the bridge when we reach it. Shld at least be caring and breastfeeding for at least 3-4 mths.

ebichan, yes I'm working. If pregnant, I will take no pay leave or work from home for a few months. Hubby would prefer me to get off the work stress (partly due to past MCs... so we want to be more careful next round). After maternity leave, I would still like to get back to the work force. I am lucky I have baby day care from my aunt-in-law, who is a homemaker. And my father in law is also retiring so he can also help take care of the child. My aunt-in-law is living just 2 floors up within same block. With these helps, which I think are so important, I can be back at work with ease.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

i'm working too...but stopping soon cos the stress level is too high...

I guess if have baby all the more cannot stop work cuz it will be tough to just depend on dear husband. Will have to continue work for the money but luckily my job still not consider stress

Imperial Concubine

Is the maternity leave set standard for 4 months across?

I would like to stop work too. I am also studying my master's so it would be good to focus on my studies.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

ya maternity leave is still 4 months...

i've been deliberating whether to stay and get the benefits and then when i'm back from maternity, i quit....then i realise the stress level is not worth it...we've tried so long to conceive....i dont't want to jeopardise this...
    ebichan likes this.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    ya maternity leave is still 4 months...

i've been deliberating whether to stay and get the benefits and then when i'm back from maternity, i quit....then i realise the stress level is not worth it...we've tried so long to conceive....i dont't want to jeopardise this...
    Usually, how long must serve in company after the maternity 4 months?
    My dream fantasy is to get maternity leave followed by bonus then quit. Can or not? (I know this sounds so bad but I really dislike my boss. Upset everyday)

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

not sure...but usually HR policy is about one year....but i think some companies are like....you need to serve at least 6 months in order to be entitled...i guess depends..

Hello!

Wa dragontail - your degree is really high! You must be really studious. So do you need to wear specs / lenses when bd-ing?

I did think of doing LASIK too but I am scared... One only has a pair of eyes... What if. What if something goes wrong...

I went to see a traditional chinese medicine at raffles hospital before. She said all teas are cooling and no cold drinks and best is warm water and milk for trying to concieve. and applies to all english and chinese tea - So no green tea, no chrysanthemum tea, no pu er etc. that means having dim sum will no longer feel "complete" since cannot have tea. Since then I cut down on tea completely. I dont't take coffee anyway.

Ebichan - I am also working. i would love to be a stay at home mum but I think finances wont allow that to happen. Especially when the cost of living in sg is rising rapidly. And bringing up a child will be so expensive. And I think the child would also need financial support as an adult - as in me and dear did think we probably need to support him / her with down payment for house when he/she settles down etc. looking at the way things are at the moment anyway. Also I am super kiasu (as if you all dont't know about this by now )... I also need to make sure our kid will get into a good school so hahah we may need to shift house depending if boy or girl. My msn's primary school closed down!!! So taking all that into consideration, I think still have to work... I mean of course if all conditions remain optimal. But the company I work for is quite good. My colleague previously had complications and she had to have 3 months complete bed rest. So company allowed her to work from hospital (her request) and hahah if she is up to it, we will head to the hospital for meetings.

Tvh - ya can understand where you are coming from. In a way it is quite "wasted" to be giving up the 4 mths maternity. But if you feel it is too stressed then not worth it. But if you managed to stay past your first trimester then think about it - only 6 more months... Then plus maternity... You can still get aws and year end bonus... Go back after maternity then quit

Imperial Concubine

LittleJ, yes the finances thing is a bit worrying for me, too. How shall I put it. Well, I'm used to earning my own money and enjoying the little pleasures in life like pampering, massages, eating out and buying magazines (ayah I sound so bimbotic). Husband salary alone I think he will be shocked to find out how much money I spend on these things for myself.
    I think the main worry financially is of course mortgage repayments and also saving for children education.
    Because my child will be bi-cultural, I am worried of my child being bullied in school for being different. I experienced that for myself and was very self-concious and not expressive girl. I want my child to go to an international school so he/she understands but it is very expensive.
    anyway i talk so much, maybe one step at a time !
    I totally understand the moving because of the school thing for child! I wish you good luck!

@prayinghard, so lucky you! My job can be ok on some weeks and then suddenly I have couple of projects and they will drive me crazy. One of the things that keeps me in this company is because all co workers are rather nice to work with, including the boss.

@TVH, do what you feel is right.... some other things can wait. By the way, when's your next appointment at the doc's? =)

@littlej, ya I'm half blind w/o my specs! Well it depends when we are BDing. If it's really to make baby, then I have to go without contacts or specs so that I can lie in bed and sleep (since recommended not to move after the spermie deposit) after that. I mean I will not put on specs during sex because isnt it quite unsexy? Haaa! I think so l.a. Well, I think so because I ever wore glasses during BD but my hubby gently removed it from me. So I think he prefers no specs :P But it's not fair as he himself is short sighted too but at times he still wears specs because he wants to see. :P But at times when he doesnt, it's like the blind leading the blind. lol.

I also have the same fear about lasik. What if something goes wrong? What if what if. My friend's dad is a doctor; ever told us dont go for lasik. Eyes are so delicate...you never know. And you wouldnt know what's the side effect when you grow older. With that, I so scared.

@ebichan, I cant imagine I dont have the source of income for myself. When I was much younger (like 17 when I had my first boyfriend), I told myself I wanna have 4 children and a stay at home mum so that I can really take care of my kids. But at the current situation and the rate that everything else is moving now, that's just a fantasy. Will be hard for me also not to enjoy those little pleasures like you said. Haaa.. what mags to you like? Holidays, spas, shopping, hair, makeups, etc... I think these I have to give up if I stop working. Not forgetting house and car. Did I mention about money to raising a child here?

Hugs.... I hope no one bullies you now!

There's a good school that's very hot here just one street across where I live. But I'll be moving out from here in 2 years time. Wasted! But then, it doesnt guarantee your child a place just being living near. The amount of voluntary work my aunt-in-law did for her boys to get into that school was seriously load scary!

So much thinking.... I have cook up a beanie first.....

Ebichan, fertility care in France is not so bad, health care in general is quite good. they dont't have any further special fertility treatment than elsewhere. But I think Singapore still has better doctors and better hospitals.

Morning!

Oh yes, without my personal income, I won't be able to shop and buy books and bags and shoes. Hahaha I go on stealth shopping trips sometimes - my acquisitions will safely make their way home without raising suspicions. When my dear asks "oh is that new" I will say "huh no very long time never wear".

Ebichan - I think our kids generation will be more cross cultural than our era. I have more friends with inter-racial/nationality marriages and their kids are super cute. Also, I have friends who are single mums by choice. Whilst I know the folks I know may not form a good sample size, but I feel that our kids generation will be more open minded than what we went through. For me, I would want my kid to be educated in a local school during pri & sec cuz of the foundation and language bilingualism and the ability to mix around with kids of varying backgrounds (not just kids of parents who are well off). Aiya I also cannot afford intl school fees. If I have to pay intl school fees I think I need to eat bread

morning ladies~~~I am grateful that I am working for my family so I have the option of working from home until I feel my kid is independent enough for me to go back to office. I actually can't imagine not working at all. I will feel better spending my own money on shopping and buying my toys collection. lol I once stopped working for 2 years when my husband was working overseas and I followed him. The lifestyle drove me crazy. Btw... I was wondering how long is it actually enough for us to elevate our hip so that the spermies will reach their destination? after DB yesterday I tried to sleep but my bladder was exploding 2 hours later so I bo bian have to go pee. T-T I hope the DB yesterday won't go to waste because of my stupid mistake. sigh

missA, I'm not sure what's the "ideal" duration but I would think 2 hours are enough for the swimmers to get to the finish point! I've also learnt that before BD, clear your bladder and dont drink too much water. Like that then one can sleep through the night.

You're fine no worries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    missA, I'm not sure what's the "ideal" duration but I would think 2 hours are enough for the swimmers to get to the finish point! I've also learnt that before BD, clear your bladder and dont drink too much water. Like that then one can sleep through the night.

You're fine no worries
    I got scumbag bladder one. I always make it a point to pee before DB but somehow I will feel urgent again. wish I had a stopper where I can just plug it in and stop them from flowing out when I pee. lol

Maybe giap the labia when peeing? Afterall, pee comes from different hole. Hee.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Maybe giap the labia when peeing? Afterall, pee comes from different hole. Hee.....
    LOL! yes maybe I should! Later I go daiso find nice pegs that doesn't hurt when I giap it. lol

Can find then dont forget to share the great find with the rest of us. LOL.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    The foot spa quite OK for a simple one. The massage function is actually vibration. The bubbles quite splashing so impt to only fill to the Max water level. It doesnt heat cold water, only retains warmth for around 20 mins. It runs on electricity, I used it while watching tv. What I like is there are those pointy thingy for accup points on the feet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130322_221559.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	101222  

Imperial Concubine

Morning Ladies!

Yay finally weekend. But husband working on Saturday so today is like my single day!!

Dragontail really? do you think when we go into parenting mode, we will readily give up those little pleasures like nice cosmetics, skincare, spa etc?
    We dont't have a car here and we take a lot of public transport. I wonder if have baby, car would become important? Magazines I read all kinds of nonsense from cooking to interior to design. And fashion.
    Yes I hear about volunteering 2 years before the child gets into school. Maybe you can draw up a long term plan. Sometimes can see if your company offers any good learning journey for the school. Can offer something special.
    Thank you so much!! No I dont anyone bullies me now. Not that I know of. Of course people will say things sometimes which may come across as ethinically insensitive like "she's very japanese" which refers to my working style and boss even once told me to "adapt culturally" or become out of sync. So i try hard. I think Im doing a good job already. Now no one asks me where im from. LOL

Little J. hahah " long time never wear" hahah that is a good one. i shall use it too!
    Yeah I agree. Our kids generation will be more international in outlook.
    My time a bit insular I think. I went to local and international schools and local school i was bullied a lot. the popular girls in school throw my books into the classroom bin and this was even in secondary school! international school not at all.
    For my case, it will depend on where we live in a few years' time. The chances of going back Japan is high for both husband and my work. I'm quite sian thinking about that. I never want my children to experience the bullying and Japan is one country that really hammers the nail that sticks out. If we stay here long enough, we also need to think about learning Japanese for the children otherwise life gonna be so tough. hmm im getting ahead of myself here. Need to make a baby first!

MissA where did you live for those 2 years? Did you miss Singapore?
    I want to know too. If after BD everything flows out, confirm cannot get pregnant? So must try to keep in??

Litte Hamster, do you do this at night or in the morning ? The foot spa?

Eh I got a question about the foot spa. Since 2ww and preggers cannot do foot reflexology - and the foot spa massages the acupoints then is that foot reflexology?

Or am I thinking too much?