Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 19 of 912 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 69 119 519 ... LastLast
Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hmm I just ate Thai food but bought Brazil nuts to try cos I read it aids implantation. Just bought ...

Hmm I just ate Thai food but bought Brazil nuts to try cos I read it aids implantation. Just bought salmon fillet and eggs too

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

superwomancqy

yesterday Dr Su told me to continue LRD tea as it keep my womb warm and good for 2WW
    most important is make sure my BBT dont't go down... i wonder how... take Warm bath everyday? anyway i tried to wear Socks to sleep everynight...
    another friend told me her T.C.M tell her to drink Chicken Essence during 2WW...

Littlehamster,

maybe you want to test again using another stick in 3 more days time.
    sometimes DPO13 still too early
    i heard that dreaming of snake is a good sign....

Eh if too heaty will it prevent implantation too esp when we are also on traditional chinese medicine? I am just thinking if I should buy chicken essence and Brazil nuts....

Faithmummy thanks for the tips. I'm trying to boil LRD tea every alternate days. And I'm starting my 2ww from today.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

By the way, can we do facials during preggy or trying to concieve? Some need use equipments. That day I went to this free trial, cos only want the free trial dont wanna let them psycho to buy package, I wrote I preggy so they keep insist cannot use any eq only give me clean exfoliate mask n moisturizer. Black heads still there hmmm

According to old wives' tale, banana is a big no-no. It's considered a "slippery" food which potentially may cause the sac to slip out of the womb! Sounds so scary when my mom told me that. But then, this is just a myth if you look at western diet. The pregnant women can happily eat banana, pineapple, cold drinks during their pregnancy and the baby pops out healthy too. So it's up to you what you believe.... Banana is the first thing my m-i-l reminded me not to eat when I was preggie.

Milk is ok so long you drink it warm or at least room temperature.

OMG littlehamster, that's not an evap line! Red dye HPT wont have (at least to my experience). I can already see the +ve test line regardless pic is not too big. Go see a doc soon and I'm sure it's a good news. Happy happy for you!!! Please come back and tell us it's a yes ok! And about the pain at your ab, it's one of the early signs of pregnancy really. A lot of blood, activities are going on there now in preparation for a little life... everything is thickening and expanding there. So that explains the sensation. Yes, you gotta walk slower eh.

True that during facial, some electronics equipments are not supposed to be used during pregnancy. I will inform my facial therapist if I think I could be preggie. Better be safe.
    Last edited by Dragontail; 13-01-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Worthy Lady

Dragontail

thanks for your 2WW list

earlier on, my another forum Friend's T.C.M. also advise her to avoid below food during 2WW. Her T.C.M. is Ban Choon Chan

cannot take zhen, herbal soup, duck rice, danggui, bak kut teh, ipoh fun, lamb meat, cold drinks (with or without ice), starfruit, pineapple, coconut

Worthy Lady

but the weird thing is, Dr Su told me BaZhen can be taken during 2WW, so i am not sure who to listen to for this...

Wow. Seems like a lot of things cannot eat.

So to summarize what can be consumed:
    1/ meat - chicken and fish and beef and pork (bak Ku teh is pork though so minced pork can eat or not??)

2/ fruits - durian, kiwi, apple, orange, guava (listing the common fruits)

3/ chicken essence

4/ Brazil nuts

Ok - I am going to feed the bananas to my dog then.

Little hamster - let us know about the doc visit! I personally never did pregnancy test before so wouldn't be able to know!

Start of my 2ww too. So most of us are on an almost similar cycle!

I pretty much only touch chicken and fish and no other meats in my normal diet. I mean for seafood I will also avoid as people say it may cause skin allergies to babies.

By the way,where can one get cheap brazil nuts? Just now I was at ntuc I saw none.

Haa good idea on the banana. My dog doesnt eat fruits though. It was very hard to resist banana (and pineapple and papaya too) as it's one of my top favourite fruits. My inlaws like bananas too and whenever I went to kitchen and saw the bunch, I salivated and really missed sinking my teeth into them!

Technically, I'm not with you all (i think so far superwoman and littlej. Did I miss out anyone else?) yet, on the 2WW. Because I have not seen a temp hike in my BBT. I wonder could I have abundance of EWCM but never released eggs. I dont know. Have to monitor for next few days.

Littlej Dr Su advised heaty fruits like durian, mango, longans and cherries. Think oranges and kiwi are classified as cooling fruits in traditional chinese medicine but western docs will say they re rich in Vit C so good for us.

Dragontail I bought the brazil nuts at Heartland Mall ( a mini store that sells nuts n preserved fruits just outside Cold Storage) at $3.90 per 100g. Think cold storage has it but I didn't see any when I was there..

Littlehamster I dont't know about pregnancy test kit too but I'm hoping its positive news for you!

Thanks for the info there. Will hunt for it tomorrow. I do love all kinds of nuts!

I suddenly remember I still have a box of OPK cheapy strips. Found out I left 7 sticks. Just POAS and saw a very very very (you get the drift) faint line. According to my last OPKing, the line never got dark at all, even though my BBT confirmed I've O-ed. I reckon those strips never get dark on me. But that was the first time I used it so not sure if it's always the case. But whole day I've been drinking a lot of water...I'm about to finish my 3rd litre already. So not sure if the result has anything to do with my diluted output. I will OPK next few days!
    Last edited by Dragontail; 14-01-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Female Attendant

Try using baby planner ap to check your ovulation date. Hubby n I used this. I would say its accurate. Cuz hubby n I only BD twice during e ovulation period n I'm pregnant now.

I'm not too sure about drinking three litres of water though. Rem that I read an article that a lady drank too much water n turned blind.... Scary...

I had an MC in Dec and havent got my AF yet so this month is kinda messed up. I am at my CD24 today but usually I should have O-ed around CD19. Dont think any app can help me at this cycle But my O symptoms I feel are very strong these couple of days.

Ya, all these weird stories... Anyway i need the water to help me clear up my breaking out skin. Usually I stop at 2 litres.

Morning everyone
    Ok I am going to make a trip to the supermarket after work.

Quick question- how to make Longan red date tea? Must boil or can just throw everything in hot water? And throw how many?

Second question - dang gui and zhen confirmed not allowed? My mum boils soup for me weekly now so if confirm cannot I tell her to exclude those herbs. Cuz my mum insists that they are ok cuz that was what she took when she was trying to conceive me (many years ago...)!

Imperial Concubine

good morning!
    wow the threat is so fast moving over the weekends!
    haha my longan red date tea...i just rinse the red dates and longan, then throw all into water and boil ..... throw how many- i agar agar one.

superwomancy-did you get pimple outbreak when take Dr Su's ovulation powder? i havent go back and see her..intend to go back when AF arrives...

Good morning my t-c-c buddies.

It’s up to you how much you wanna put for the longan drinks. Cook for first round and you adjust from there to your taste. During my confinement, my m-i-l mixed the red dates with black dates. I think the latter makes the drink tastes even better (to me). She says black dates are more “por” than red. Yes please wash the longan and dates one round before throwing them into the pot. Once water boils, simmer for 20-30mins. Alternatively, if you have a one-litre thermal flask, you can pour the two ingredients into it and add hot water. Do it in the morning for work and within 3hours you can drink it already. That’s a quick alternative for busy working ladies.

Imperial Concubine

anyone bought the book 'taking charge of your fertility'?

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

My mum says black dates less heaty than red dates

Littlej I followed the recipe for LRD tea online:

Water: 500ml
    Red dates: 10pcs
    Longan: 10pcs
    Rock sugar: to taste

Firstly, boil the water till boiling point. Then throw in red dates for 10 mins with simmering fire. Next will be longans and rock sugar. Simmer for about 20-30 mins.

The drink is heaty in nature so if you re drinking it during your menses, substitute longans with black sugar. Can get all the ingredients from Hock Hua

Poohy didn't really get much pimples outbreak when drinking Dr Su's ovulation powder but do drink more water since its heaty too.. You ve outbreak from it? Can be due to hormonal change too..

Poohy - I bought the book! (One of the "oh af is here so I better do something for next cycle" item )

Ok I will pop by Greenwich mall after work later. They got nuts and nibbles as well as a Chinese medicinal hall.

Shucks I only have the Starbucks flask double walled - dont think that is thermal right?

Worthy Lady

littleJ

my T.C.M. told me that I can drink Bazhen during 2WW... but another friend's T.C.M. said cannot... so I would rather follow the one who say cannot, to play safe

for Longan Red date tea

I just grab a handful of Longans, Red Dates and Wolfberries + Slices of Ginger and Throw into Slow Cooker, Boil for 2 - 3 hours
    i did not follow any standard Measurement... i just grab a handful which is roughly the quantity i desired....
    I used medium size Slow cooker.

Hmm - anyone knows if raffles place sells these nuts and longan and red dates? If can then I can go buy during lunch!

Wa I dont't have slow cooker at home ...

And I am the lazy sort... The thermal flask idea sounds good!

Usually boil one round can keep how long? Can like boil one time then keep one week - ie put in fridge and before drink just heat up or put hot water ?

Imperial Concubine

Superwomancy- yar somehow this month hoh.....whole body weird! Dry...cant' seems to find my O-ed date, both sides crampy ...then stop cramps....then now cramp again. More pimples than usual.......

Today CD31- crampy...lets see if AF reports...

littlej- hahhaa what else did the book say? issit good? (okay, i'm in the mindset of...'oh af is here.what should i do next' mentality!hahahahaha oppssss)

I didnt use slow cooker to boil...i use normal pot to boil for 20-30mins and drink. If cannot finish, i put inside fridge then next day drink (i didnt even warm it up..opps).