Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; I suppose dogs are ok but there are articles saying that you should avoid picking cat litter as the parasites ...

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

I suppose dogs are ok but there are articles saying that you should avoid picking cat litter as the parasites could potentially harm the developing baby. I guess it's best to avoid while trying to concieve too.

Is it safe to change cat litter during pregnancy? - BabyCenter Singapore

Yes it's the parasite issues on cats' litter that's why I prefer not to touch any cats during preggie. You never know how the parasite may travel within the kitty.

Dragontail: Totally agree with you. Spreading unneccessary fear in kids is not the way. Just like when we were young, grandma used neh and policeman to scare us. Plus the ultimate one, we will grow pimples all over if we didnt finish our rice. Hahahah....

I would love to keep a shiba inu but hdb not approved. Or a cat or both. Daydreaming.

you trained your cocker spaniel? Animals do provide more comfort to humans than humans. No need for words, just simple calmness when stroking their fur.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Dragontail: Totally agree with you. Spreading unneccessary fear in kids is not the way. Just like when we were young, grandma used neh and policeman to scare us. Plus the ultimate one, we will grow pimples all over if we didnt finish our rice. Hahahah....

I would love to keep a shiba inu but hdb not approved. Or a cat or both. Daydreaming.
    Shiba Inu is not hdb approved? But it is such a small dog?

Anyway how are all the ladies today?
    the graduates and aspiring graduates? What is on the look out this week?

Me, nothing. Only on CD 8 today... Not trying to concieve this cycle because of Fertility Cleanse. feel sian
    Oh when will my baby come?

Rav...hahha! Yes those! Garung guni fear, bangali fear, use left hand you're an outcast fear etc. What's up grannies?

I was born a lefty but trained a righty. Because my father also thinks (yes even till now) a lefty is like an alien. When I was little, I used right hand when he was around. When he was no where in sight, I used my left. Thats why now both my hands are very usable.

I am very blessed with this dog. She was saved from a mill ( she had 3 rounds of labour before, even before she reached the age of 2!!) and I hardly need to train her as she is very well behaved. People are her toy. Give her a lap, she will just lie on it. Give her a hand, she will give you her tummy. She is one amazing fellow.

Hi ebichan. Weekend I had ebi and I was thinking of you you know?

This week seriously I hope it's over soon. Cant seem to think about work much this week. Partly friday is PH *Woohoo*. And then weekend is our staycation *yippee*.

Have you started the fertility cleanse?

what's fertility cleanse?

Ebichan: Shiba inu not approved. They r just within the size limit but i think its their temperament. Not easy to train i read.

Imperial Concubine

WOO HOO Dragontail. I am excited for your staycation. Got some love coming your way! heheh
    You ate ebi on weekend? hehehe very funny. Ebi fry or Ebi Sushi?

Yes I started Fertility Cleanse on Saturday.
    From CD 6 - 17, must to Liver Cleansing, such as Liver Cleansing Tea, supplements as well as Milk Thistle Seed. This is to prepare and flush excess hormones which I usually suffer from.

Then CD 17 to period is focus on women ovarian fertility health.

Quincy, my sister in law bought this. I dont know here can link to products but if you google it from natural fertility shop, can see.
    Not suggested for the time trying to concieve but I prepare the month before I start actively trying again.

halooooo ladies... need some help here regarding my O dates...

I am not actively using opk for this cycle but this morning I felt a little different (pain in the lower abdominal beside my right hip) so I used my clear blue digital opk and saw a smiley face in the results.

Bcoz i didn't test before today, I am not sure if I was positive yesterday or even the day before...

i BD-ed on the 17, 20, 22 & 23... am I covering the dates well enough? I am worried I miss out any golden opportunity.... today and for the rest of the week I think i must BD until crazy ...

hmm regarding pets... Is it safe to handle hamster while trying to concieve and during pregnancy?

Good Monday Morning!

@quincy - Hmm, trying since July but actively trying since Sept. By active, I mean gynae visits and more regular BD, then BBT etc etc. before that was just "shooting wildly".

@dragontail - I would love to send my dog as a therapy dog too! But she's too cowardly. She's scared of sudden movements. Like if she's playing with her toy and I go behind her and go "wo", she'll get a shock and jump. A scaredy cat I know.

Oooo I love shiba inu too! Such an intelligent breed but highly active. So yes, need hordes of walks and discipline. I didn't know they weren't HDB approved.

@ebichan - So you need to be a virgin whilst on fertility cleanse? Or can you still BD but perhaps with protection? And only need to do for one cycle then next cycle can go all out? Perhaps you can take this month to also try out Fertility Friend and BBT etc so you can sort of estimate the O date and you know when to action next month! So this can be kinda preparation month.

Oh, now that you mention about bosses, I just remembered I told my boss I was preggers! But it was really no choice, because there was a biz trip scheduled and my gynae was strongly discouraging (very discouraging) any travel during first trimester. My boss is really quite nice, he told me he will tell the rest of the team members that there is a "travel restriction due to budget" if anyone asks. He even told me I have to say the same reason so we're both aligned. And he totally gets it that it has to be top notch secret during the first trimester. It helps that he's a family man.

Hee hee - In addition to baby dust, I will also pass on my silent energy qi for those who want to keep it a secret during first trimester :P

Miss A - If I were you, I will BD today, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. Every alternate day cuz the army needs time to regain its strength. Erm I'm suggesting based on what I did the last round when I had smiley on Tues and so I BDed on Tues, Thurs, Sat.

Goody lucky! Action starts tonight!!! GO go go!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    MissA: out of the so many books I have read on trying to concieve, only 1 mentioned about this disease/Virus/bacteria that may pass on from hamster to human if only hamster is affected by that thing.

Imperial Concubine

little J

YAY for a great boss and it's really wonderful to hear everyone is supporting you both at work and home and here so you will have a wonderful, smooth journey till your beautiful baby arrives!

I think so, too. I will look out for BBT charting to see the usual kinds of patterns. Best not to actively try while using the cleanse but next month can already i hope.
    I cant wait. hahahah

MissA: jiayou jiayou!

@littleJ & rav3naers: thanks dears! will have plenty of baby dust from your lucks! :P

@littlehamster: so glad to know! no one is my family, not even my hubby like to handle my hamster. lol r you a hamster lover too?

@ ebichan, I had ebi fry! I'm still yearning for more.... Your fun week will come soon

@ missA, so far, I've observed that once I have a +OPK, I will ovulate 1.5-2 days later (from BBT temp shift). My last BFP, my last BD was 48hours before I ovulated. I didnt BD on the O-day. So the spermies were already waiting in my fallopian tube waiting for the egg to pop.

So using that, I presume that you may pop an egg anytime tonight till Wed morning maybe (usually 12-48hours later, after a +OPK). I feel your last BD on 23rd has already covered the base (swimmers might be waiting near your ovaries now). But to be a bit more kiasu, I think BD one more time tonight is good enough already.

For me, in this cycle, I also BD one last time on the same night when I got a positive in the day. Good luck!!
    ebichan likes this.

@dragontail: thank you for your assurance! i hope the spermies from my last BD is still going strong inside me. think i will chiong at least once every other day until Friday since the hubby will be away over the weekend. by then it will be my 2ww !

by the way... is doing house chore advisable during 2WW?

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by missA View Post
    @dragontail: thank you for your assurance! i hope the spermies from my last BD is still going strong inside me. think i will chiong at least once every other day until Friday since the hubby will be away over the weekend. by then it will be my 2ww !

by the way... is doing house chore advisable during 2WW?
    Your spirit is commendable!!! I am inspired by you!!
    I think housework should be ok but not strenuous type.

Worthy Lady

Hope you ladies are having a good monday!!!!!
    Mine is good so far. Came early to office and found out there's no internet connection since 9am. It's 3pm now and there's still no connection. So we had an early and long lunch. Heehee. Managed to get my CW from Watson cos it's still on Sale at $32.20. The last day for the sale is on 27 Mar so go grab it fast.
    I can't wait for thursday to be over cos i be off to Krabi for the entire week, next week! Can't wait to rest n relax and take our mind off work. Speaking of work, i just tendered this morning. Such a huge relief that my boss is understanding..

Worthy Lady

LittleJ, you mentioned your gynae helped you to conceive... Can share who are you seeing currently?

I just went to see Dr Adrian Woodworth at Thomson Women Clinic at chua chu kang last sat. He did a brief scan and said my womb looks fine and there's no cyst whatsoever. He prescribed me clomid to help me ovulate faster though cosy 45-days cycle is a bit too long...

Then on sunday i went for my uterine massage... Wasn't painful as expected.. A lot of my frend scare me by saying it would be very painful. The masseuse did say my womb placement quite low. Partly because i do a lot of sports previously and i like to carry heavy things. She also mentioned not to push heavy stuffs using our legs. Must take care of our legs cannot put too much pressure. Try not to wear killer heels very often cos it starts from the leg then go to ya knees an affect ya abdomen n back area.

Imperial Concubine

pinklolitapop

Congrats on tendering.
    May I find out where to get a uternine massage?
    I also wear a lot of heels everyday...

If I have back pain/ache, does it mean im in bad shape to conceive?

Was just wondering if the womb being high or low is the reason for having a high or low baby bump?

missA
    my sinseh instruct me not to carry anything more 5kg or more.
    i ask my hubby to help me carry laundry basket thats full of laundry cuz i cant judge what is 5kg