Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; MissA. Wow. By the 3 rd or 4 th BD, I think my dearie will raise white flag already. Haa. ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

MissA. Wow. By the 3rd or 4th BD, I think my dearie will raise white flag already. Haa. You both are so happening. Enjoy =)

Chores are really fine. I still do those, especially with my dog (since she’s quite impaired). And I still vacuum and clean my room. Just try not to carry too heavy things like more than 10lbs? My dog is 16lbs though!

pinklolita, wooo Krabi. Nice. Go make babies and come back with a beautiful tan! Must be feeling good to throw in the towel. Congrats and have a blastful new start.

P/s - i dont know why my font got changed!!! I didnt do anything....
    Last edited by Dragontail; 25-03-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by missA View Post
    @dragontail: thank you for your assurance! i hope the spermies from my last BD is still going strong inside me. think i will chiong at least once every other day until Friday since the hubby will be away over the weekend. by then it will be my 2ww !

by the way... is doing house chore advisable during 2WW?
    ermmm...i would usually do my regular housework ie sweeping and mopping with the wet wipes, bringing full load of laundry for washing and etc regardless whether it is 2ww or not....

When pregnant with my girl, i do housework for my entire pregnancy...but that time is younger ...

Worthy Lady

Ebichan - i got from this malay lady who stays at Bedok. She also does homecalls. Will pm you the number once the internet connection in the office is up okie!

Not sure if backaches can affect us in trying to concieve but i went to her to treat me for backache cos it was killing me the past few days so she told me about all those that attributed to backaches includes heels and sleeping with the fan on the feet etc.. Cos it goes from ya feet to ya knees and stops at your back.

As for the womb area, she advise women try not to take bikes. Either pillion or riders. Cos when a bike goes over a hump and it kinda bounce you up and when you are in that position, its not good for ya womb. She also said when you wake up from ya sleep, try to get up by rolling to the sides 1st and then get up and not get up by doing that sit-up positions cos you are placing pressure on the womb. Kind of make sense actually.

Worthy Lady

Happysoul - maybe ley. Cos if you notice most of the heavily pregnant ladies, their baby bump starts getting super low cos the baby is pushing it down?

When i went for the massage the lady said my abdomen area is hard and like swelling and not in a tip top condition to conceive cos hard for the sperm to pass thru or dont know what .. So she helped me to massage to reduce the swelling and bring up my womb.. And i actually feel better. Like my abdomen area dont too feel too stuffy.. Hahaha

ebichan: we are all trying our best! I just dont't want to feel regretted of not doing enough to make my cycle a successful one... must also thank my husband for being "helpful"! lol

quincy1986: lately i am training my husband to help out with housechore lol... just that since he will be away from Friday, this week housework i will have to handle on my own... hope twisting the mop hard or squatting won't cause much problem?

Dragontail: haha actually i am the one wanna raise white flag bcoz i am feeling so sore........ :/ but bcoz we are quite determine so hope all the hard work is worth it!

nataliengbh: yeah i think its good to move around abit too and not sit or lie down all the time during the entire 2ww.. else i will go crazy hahaha

Worthy Lady

dragontail - i wish i have a 30 day cycle cos it would have been my fertile period cos im done with AF today.. So ideally my ovulation should happen when im in Krabi. BUT, im keeping my fingers crossed. Been eating CW & EPO, hoping it helps me ovulate earlier and im bringing my opk strips to krabi as well because you can never be too sure! hahaha even if i do not ovulate, i think we will just have fun bd since bd has been such a routine the past few mths. time to ignite the fire again! hahaha

missA - i think light housework can.. but try not to do the hanging of laundry etc.. especially hanging clothes outside cos the bamboo pole with clothes are considered heavy and you will need to stretch to put the bamboo pole in the holes etc. If possible use hangers and dry indoors. and no squatting at all!!!

Imperial Concubine

pinklolitapop- wow resigned? Cool,...can relax and enjoy krabi! I like Krabi esp those neighbouring small islands...

I still continue with housework during 2ww...mopping and bringing clothes to washing machine, hang clothes etc. I 'broke' most rules of 2ww...drink cold water, didnt take vitamins...jia lat.

today also no mood to work..hahaha...

I agree on the getting up from bed. Because if i do the "sit up" way, I feel my tummy gets a little strained (I dont have strong core muscle )
    In yoga, we have always been taught to lie on side first then use the opposite hand to push yourself up. If you must really squat, try sitting on a low stool instead. It really helps.

@pinklolitapop & poohy: haha come to think of it... I doubt our mums actually bother to watch out all the DOs and dont'Ts while carrying us. sometimes ignorance is bliss. but hard to act like nothing because we are all trying so hard to conceive.

Poohy, can I ask when you had your first baby, did you also stopped cold drinks and all those no-nos during 2ww and bfp? Sometimes I feel these are ok...so long occasionally done.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by missA View Post
    ebichan: we are all trying our best! I just dont't want to feel regretted of not doing enough to make my cycle a successful one... must also thank my husband for being "helpful"! lol

quincy1986: lately i am training my husband to help out with housechore lol... just that since he will be away from Friday, this week housework i will have to handle on my own... hope twisting the mop hard or squatting won't cause much problem?

Dragontail: haha actually i am the one wanna raise white flag bcoz i am feeling so sore........ :/ but bcoz we are quite determine so hope all the hard work is worth it!

nataliengbh: yeah i think its good to move around abit too and not sit or lie down all the time during the entire 2ww.. else i will go crazy hahaha
    ya..housework can be treated as a form of exercise.. hahaha.. but then my housework is only done once a week ..cos by the time reach home with my girl is already night time ....besides, i always have this belief that whatever that is mine, will be mine (I actually fell twice (once in my 1st trimester and once in 3rd trimester) during my 1st pregnancy but my stubborn girl held on...

Having said that, i think is still up to each individual whether you want to do housework during the 2ww

Worthy Lady

poohy - yeah... a bit sad to resign. almost cried while taking to the boss just now. but glad she respected my decision.

missA - true! but my mom say during her time, she barely have any stress and because the standard of living back then is very simple, she does not have to go to work. Just do housework, prepare food, wait for husband come home and BD. hahahah. and also she said, last time women get married super early. My mom got married at the age of 18 and got me when she was 19! Super express service one. Marry young means still very fertile.. hahahaha
    Women nowadays get married at the age of 25 yrs and above. I got married at 28. My grandma said 28 was a bit too late for women to get married. *gulps*
    But with our high standard of living now, how to get married so young?? you get out of school between 21 - 23 like that, then when you are 25, your CPF only few thousands, wanna buy house also cannot. wedding expenses not cheap. sigh.

Imperial Concubine

dragontail- I dont think i stopped drinking cold drinks/wear socks etc...But i did take brazil nuts and drink chicken essence. I tried not to do housework and use that excuse to ask my hubby to mop floor.hahahahahaa. Its only until confirmed BFP then i control my coffee intake (ie limit to instant coffee/half cup only per day). Other than that...still normal living..

pinklolitapop- dont cry....its good and blessed to be able to resign and stay relax while trying to concieve.

haha my mom also got married early and thus they can have many children. She always ask me why no 2nd one, i say no time to have baby....where got energy to bd after work? Morning cant even wake up in time for work, where got energy/time to BD before going work....so, where got time to have baby? Plus O days may not fall on weekends.

actually 28yr old get married now is considered early . Think majority around 30 ? Somemore still got friends not even married/got bf gf yet...

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by poohy View Post
    dragontail- I dont think i stopped drinking cold drinks/wear socks etc...But i did take brazil nuts and drink chicken essence. I tried not to do housework and use that excuse to ask my hubby to mop floor.hahahahahaa. Its only until confirmed BFP then i control my coffee intake (ie limit to instant coffee/half cup only per day). Other than that...still normal living..

pinklolitapop- dont cry....its good and blessed to be able to resign and stay relax while trying to concieve.

haha my mom also got married early and thus they can have many children. She always ask me why no 2nd one, i say no time to have baby....where got energy to bd after work? Morning cant even wake up in time for work, where got energy/time to BD before going work....so, where got time to have baby? Plus O days may not fall on weekends.

actually 28yr old get married now is considered early . Think majority around 30 ? Somemore still got friends not even married/got bf gf yet...
    erm..i actually rom when i'm 23 and my traditional wedding is when i'm 27...

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    MissA: I have many hamsters since young. Now left 1, after this hamster (estimate around end dec 2013 her longest life span ) then i will concentrate on rearing babies rather than pets. Hubby still OK with hamster but he is super afraid of dogs hahah

Hello pinklolita - oooo! Lucky you! Congrats on saying bye bye to the old job! Have you found a new job or are you going to be a "domestic engineer" (aka tai tai)? And have fun in krabi! Sun, sea and sand... So nice!

MissA - hee hee. Admire your stamina. Anyway go on go on! 3 more rounds perhaps this week?

That time my second gynae also helped me to do a mini womb massage. He also did the same
    Thing for my mum who then managed to conceive my brother. Pink Lolita - I have pm-Ed you my gynae details.

Hmm - I think wearing high heels in general is not very good. Not just trying to concieve specific. Even sarah Jessica Parker is suffering from the ill effects from all her manolos. Read in some news she had a protruding bone or something. For me - I have switched to kitten heels / flats about two years ago. I had foot injury so I had to switch. But I must admire... Whilst I look more 'stout' and somewhat had to alter my pants / jeans but my oh my, so comfortable! Stand in train or bus or walk long distances - all ok! Hahahah. And no risk of getting the heel caught in a drain and break

Ya agree wake up must lean on one side then get up. Yoga also said so. Sometimes I find it difficult to practise though. Cuz I always wake up late so just sit up!!

I did minor housework during 2ww but ya never hang tek ko outside cuz I figured too heavy.

Oh btw do you all believe in 旧的不出,新的不来?literal translation is "get rid of the old to welcome the new"?

In dec, I did a major spring clean whereby I gave away to charity stuff which my ex gave me. Of course i kept the sentimental stuff that meant / represented the times we had. But anyway, i gave away Stuff l didn't wear / use anymore like clothes, bags, shoes.. I even pawned away the jewelry and used the money to donate to a charity. It's been something I have wanted to do for a long time but always procrastinated cuz lazy to pack and also pai seh to go pawn shop!

Again, I dont't know if it is a coincidence but I just thought about it... Hmm...

Worthy Lady

Thanks LittleJ!
    i resigned from my old job to be a work-at-home-wife. Hopefully i can be a work-at-home-mum instead soon!
    I have a sideline business i have been doing the past six years and i feel this is a good time to fully expand it now.

Worthy Lady

Can't drink cold drinks during pregnant? My gynae ask me to drink coca cola or 100 plus to ease ms .She just ask me to leave it a while to let gas out.. But never tell me not to drink cold...

I think I m a super bad mom.. dont't follow anything. I eat seafood, actually now it become only thing i can eat.. And I do massage too..

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Littlej: the other day I went to this seminar they say to wear around 1.5inch heels for mums bigger bump to help balance the extra weight in front.. wear flats will backache

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    I still drink cold drinks once in a while. I now drink Perrier to try burp all the gas out. It helps a bit. I'm so bloated with gas that I keep burping the whole day. Horrible feeling. I can't drink plain water cos I find it creates even more gas in me I dont't know why...

@Thelay & TVH - I'm trying not to drink cold drinks. But now the weather so hot - sometimes I can't help it. But I will drink like half a glass instead of full glass (or half a can instead of full can) and will always ask for less ice. Erm I dont't know , I guess I'm just continuing with what traditional chinese medicine told me. My gynae told me room temperature / warm plain water is the best - Just drink water with lemon or water with honey or water with apple cider if cannot take the taste of plain water. Water helps to cleanse the blood and apparently help in constipation and also with dry-ness and glowing complexion. I hate drinking water but now am forcing myself to drink at least 1.5L.

Hahaha I keep farting! It's most embarrassing! I try to look *innocent* when a soft "poof" comes out.

Erm - I read on other forums that best not to take seafood. Prawns apparently cause allergy (and sometimes prawns wash not clean), crabs also not too good to eat too much, and of course no oysters, mussels etc. Best seafood is fish but also cannot take sharksfin or fish with high mercury content. Anyway, on food - My gynae said best eat fish, chicken and pork - all the white meat. Beef can take but must be cooked and in moderation. I think my gynae is quite traditional - he said that white meat is better than red meat and best to take fish and pork cuz fish and pork has no hormone injection unlike the other animals.

Oh, and lots of veggies too.

And btw - qing ming coming soon - best not to go visit as well.

For me - I'm super kiasu and kiasee. Given it took time and effort to plant this seed especially. Even when my hubz smokes, I stand further away than necessary. There was once he had to call me cuz he couldn't see me!!! :P

Ooo - really can wear heels ? But if fall down how? Hahaha. I'm quite clumsy. Sometimes I can trip over nothing (Also dont't know how I manage to achieve that!).

Oooo pinklolita! So fun! Anything that we can buy from your sideline biz?

wow seems like many of us desire to be stay at home mum.
    i've read in other threads too.
    i guess only when i have a child of my own then i will feel the crunch.
    at this moment i still enjoy working.
    i cant imagine myself being at home. my thoughts will run wild.
    but i do dream of being a wife of a wealthy man whereby my day to day activities just high tea and shopping

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Oooo pinklolita! So fun! Anything that we can buy from your sideline biz?
    since all of you are married, probably wouldn't make sense for me to start selling wedding invites to you guys right? hahahah
    but yes, i design wedding invites mostly and sometimes for birthdays and baby showers etc.

So when you guys get your BFP and pops out and need baby shower invites, let me know, i give good discount! hahahaha