Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Andy of you ladies had particularly yellower cm and know what it means ? I only take folic acid from ...

Andy of you ladies had particularly yellower cm and know what it means ?
    I only take folic acid from CW, I think it should be more than enough.

pinklolitapop, my husband calls me babyhunter and is also not that responsive to my fertility blabber, I think that's why we bed to vent out here lol

"we come to vent out here " autocorrect sorry

Worthy Lady

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by TVH View Post
    ya i read that excess folic acid can mask a vit b12 deficiency too so more doesn't necessarily mean better...
    I think moderation is the key ...too much of a good thing also not good..my ex-colleague ate calcium pills every day and then one day he has stones in his kidney.

Dont overtake folic. CW is good enough. I stop my gnc folic when I hopped onto CW. I mean that's what I do for myself.

Tricky, last cycle, I had the most abundance yellow creamy cm in my life. It appeared everyday few days after O. Thought could be CW. But then, current cycle my cm looks very different. And sometimes almost none. So I take it it's just random.

Worthy Lady

ok thanks ladies! I shall not take the doc's Folic acid since it's pretty generic anyway. Will continue with CW and hopefully it will give me a dark bfp like Rav's! hehe

Tricky: true true! i wish i have gf's who are trying to concieve-ing but they are either single or having kids already and not interested to have anymore.
    earlier today, seeing you guys discuss about the no of kids, i asked my husband how many kids he want. he said 3 while i said 2.

I told him i want 2 so that they wont get lonely and will have someone to play with.
    then he said he wanted 3 because what if we have 2 only then they really cannot get along with each other, then grow up to hate each other.
    So must have the buffer. A neutral one.
    If let's say the 1st two can get along with each other then the last one will either be a daddy's girl or a mummy's boy

omg.......and i thought i was the analytical one in the marriage.

getting 1 is already so hard. still want 3!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar

pinklolitapop: i agree with your hubby for this theory. My hubby is middle of 3 boys, he and his older bro is in very bad terms due to $, his younger bro is the neutral one. the older one did not support the family at all thats why hubby angry

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by pinklolitapop View Post
    ok thanks ladies! I shall not take the doc's Folic acid since it's pretty generic anyway. Will continue with CW and hopefully it will give me a dark bfp like Rav's! hehe

Tricky: true true! i wish i have gf's who are trying to concieve-ing but they are either single or having kids already and not interested to have anymore.
    earlier today, seeing you guys discuss about the no of kids, i asked my husband how many kids he want. he said 3 while i said 2.

I told him i want 2 so that they wont get lonely and will have someone to play with.
    then he said he wanted 3 because what if we have 2 only then they really cannot get along with each other, then grow up to hate each other.
    So must have the buffer. A neutral one.
    If let's say the 1st two can get along with each other then the last one will either be a daddy's girl or a mummy's boy

omg.......and i thought i was the analytical one in the marriage.

getting 1 is already so hard. still want 3!
    My husband mentioned 3 previously as he grow up with 2 siblings and he is the middle child. I have 3 siblings and personally i feel that should be at least 2 so that the emotional baggage will not be very great...

Worthy Lady

Littlehamster & Natalie:
    My hubby also have only 2 other siblings and he is the youngest one and the mummy favourite. He gets along better w his older brother but not with the elder sister. Thats why he die2 want 3.

actually if you have worries about your cm you can c your doctor for it.
    i had abundance of yellow cm during my school days.
    i told my mum about it and she brought me to c doc. doc gave me a disinfectant to cleanse up.

Ladies who like to drink teh or with heaty body will also get alot of cm.

Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Happysoul: How are you already? missing you..hahaha...eee...i so er xin...want to know whether you managed to book appt with gynae ? Mine only available in late april, planning to stick to that one till birth i hope.

Should i head to a gynae now to get myself checked out first (blood test, you/S, get all the essential vits and info? abit lost ....bestie told me to go gynae straight away..make me gan chiong >..<

Hi rav3naers, thank for remembering me. I also had been missing being active here..been busy with the start of the week..got much work in office
    I was in the same state of mind as you last week when I got BFP..whether to go to OB ASAP or not..my gynae clearly said that need to come 2 weeks after missed AF unless have spotting/bleeding..but as I was having high temperature for few days I was worried as I felt it is not a normal symptom..then me and hubby decided that I will take a day off, take GP medicines and take rest, see how..luckily since last week I didn't get high temperature again..we planned to go to see OB 2 weeks after Missed AF..
    I have got an appointment for next week, intentionally took on my bday.. I want to see my baby for the first time on my bday, coincidentally it would be exactly two weeks from BFP..
    I had been taking folic acid and calcium supplement since two months already but I felt that as there would be two weeks to see the OB so I got the blackmores pregnancy supplement for a month..just wanted to make sure I have something more apt till I see my OB..

How are you doing? How are your symptoms? I feel very dizzy at times, avoiding the mrt atleast one way coz I dont't feel comfortable in enclosed spaces especially crowded areas..
    I had a long day today at work so have got bad migraine attack now..feeling exhausted..
    Which OB Gyn are you planning to go to?
    Take care dear, looking forward to our appointments so that we can share our EDD
    Last edited by happysoul; 26-03-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Happysoul: Hihi! Glad to know that you r better. Hope that you r coping well. I have not't felt much physically except some painless twitches at lower abdomen & sore bbs for now. Definately not looking forward to ms >_<

Planning to get the blackmores vits & omega3 tomorrow at the watsons sale.

Still unsure on whether to just pop by any gynae next week before my official appt at NUH with dr Su lin lin in late apr.

Which gynae are you with? Will be super exciting & touching to see your little cutie for the first time! Can't wait for my turn.

Take care and rest well.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 26-03-2013 at 10:22 PM.

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    My gynae said cannot take omega 3 during first trimester. What is ok during trying to concieve might not be ok when you are pregnant. Rav3naers, I suggest you go see your gynae before you start taking supps...becos even general supps for well being is not ok to take during first 3 mths...dont't buy supps first...

Take only folic acid for the time being until you get to see your gynae

TVH: -..-" confused... even prenatal multivits cannot take?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine
    I think better to wait until you see gynae...cos I believe he or she will prescribe for you. I now only take what my gynae gave which is folic acid and iron only. He said for first trimester more than enough . Second trimester he will give me more advanced supp like dha to help with brain development. So I just listened to him, after all I paid for his consultation, so better to take his advice....do not take anything on your own at the moment...

Those oils like omega 3 better dont't take without gynae advice..

Hi rav - I agree with tvh here. Please see your gynae and not self-medicate. what works for one may not work for another.

For me - My gynae prescribed Florxine (has folic acid included), DHA, and calcium when I saw him at 4 weeks and 5 weeks. At 7 weeks, I was given a pink colored multi-vit (also has folic acid)?and to continue with DHA and calcium. I know of some women who were prescribed with duphaston but I wasn't given that. Again, you can see that what I was given differs from what tvh mentioned. It could be because of gynae but I also think it is because we have different medical profiles and background so what I need may not be what another person needs.

I think if you wanna self medicate then perhaps just stick to folic acid only. It seems to be the only consistent supplement that docs agree on.

Ok - My previous gynae told me before no feminine wash - soap and water are more than enough. the vagina has a self-cleansing mechanism. And every woman is different with a slightly different ph level. The feminine wash may cause more problems as it could potentially interfere with the ph level.

also, try not to wear panty liners too often. If wear panty liners, change it frequently across the day. Also try not to wear panty liners at night so your "precious" can have some natural circulation. A woman who always wears panty liners will be drier there and this causes am imbalance in the natural functioning of the body hence could lead to infection.

For me, I only wore panty liners the day after bd.

Oh. And soft cotton parties are better than ahem lacy ones! So if you suspect you may have an infection or if you feel something is not quite right, better to wear cotton panties during this period. That's what doc told me when I had uti.

Thanks TVH & Littlej. My gynae appt is on 23 april, earliest slot that is available. Still a month away. you think i shld head to one nearby to get things checked out? Some told me must go gynae straight away, some told me can wait. -..-???

Heehhe... yes Rav, there will always be 101 versions on such "advice".

Do what you "feel" is right. If it gives you an ease of mine, then go see one now. Take it as a little chit chat with the gynae and perhaps gives you a little assurance when you can see a little beanie on the screen. How many weeks are you now? 5? I remember at that time I could already see a little something on the screen.

For me personally, I will wait till 8 weeks. I can wait now Previously I went much earlier because I was very anxious.
    Last edited by Dragontail; 27-03-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    quincy1986 likes this.

About the panty thing, also try to skip thong during possible infection there. I'm one who's really obsessed with no VPL!

Thong tends to be tighter at the vital part so it's not a airy as wearing a panty, ie no good for UTI.

whats VPL?

Visible panty line
    quincy1986 likes this.

i usually only wear cotton undies and put on liner during day time... also kanna... could be the feminine wash then... but than again, what kind of soap is suitable? yesterday I switch to just Johnson baby shower soap.. and hope condition will get better. going to try yogurt today! never like eating them but I guess getting the infection treated it more impt.