Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; oh ebichan your mother prepares eel for you? you r definitely not singaporean well in chinese medicine belief, the womb ...

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

oh ebichan your mother prepares eel for you?
    you r definitely not singaporean

well in chinese medicine belief, the womb should be kept warm.
    sushi, sashimi are often cold food.
    so it might result in having cold womb that is almost impossible to conceive (according to chinese medicine)

aiyoh cute your hubby Shez...our hubbies do a great job taking our s****. really applaud them. my husband during BD period will come back at midnight from his stressful job and have to attack on baby making and doesn't complain

Ebichan, raw veggies might not be properly cleaned and still have bacteria and germs that's why not so safe. but I wonder how do Japanese women deal with raw fish while pregnant

Imperial Concubine

LOL I think maybe Japanese culture. women make unagi for men so they can have good BD the same night. Actually I think for heatiness most likely.

But Salads very important to me. I must eat every day. I cannot imagine no salad or green juice.
    maybe i just have to use the veggie wash

Exactly. I have no heard the no raw fish rule in Japan. In fact, women are encouraged to eat especially the dark fish meat like tuna and salmon.
    Maybe it is because in SG it is imported so maybe not as fresh? I also not sure...

Hello rav - wa! You cut your hubby's nails? Hahaha my hubby asked me to do that for him - I told him I cut his skin.

Hello shez - oh dont't worry, I have gotten into arguments with my man esp during fertile time and period time. He has also blurted out similar comments like your hubby! He even said "before trying for baby, I only get this once a month, now I get this twice a month. And super more intense when your aunty arrive. Like 100% my fault you not pregnant".... Then I will cry...
    First few times he will still feel bad and sayang me. Then he started retorting. Then After a while I think he has immunized himself and has anticipated before hand so he will just "oh aunty come, come let's go watch movie (think he prefers movie cuz cannot talk)".

Hey ebichan - the risk of raw food and sashimi is the bacteria which could be fatal. Hahaha I also wonder about pregnant women in Japan how?!? Maybe they just have shabu, yakitori and tempura - the cooked stuff? Or maybe cuz jap is seasoned to raw food so they have stronger stomachs. Or maybe the raw food in Japan is cleaner. dont't know - can you find out!!! And wa - your mum makes unagi for you?!? Ooo yums yums....

Ya dragontail - I was like muahahahah - tadaaahhh me not puke. *Gloats* Said too early. Hmm, I love KFC crispy chicken... With mashed potato and cheese fries!! I actually prefer KFC to popeye's or Texas chicken.

MissA - I think golf is a no no. My dear plays golf and when I told him I wanna pick up, he said no trying for baby dont't twist here and there. I told him clearly golf won't have impact on stomach / womb since most of the competitive golf players are quite plump but he said it has... Hmm, Maybe he said that cuz he dont want me to learn and disturb his "boys' time".

Ebichan
    no wonder they need to have wasabi before you eat raw food.
    am i right to say?
    btw you and your husband are japanese?? sorry if i am slow to realise
    but your choice of words is very local. you must have lived in sg for a long time already

Ebichan I also love my green salad, just make sure you wash well I suppose.
    I think the raw fish preparation in Japan is something else and enables pregnant women to eat. Actually the raw fish in Japanese restaurants in Singapore has got high standards, but dont know to what extent where pregnancy is concerned

Littlej: haha...yes...fingernails and toenails...he feels that i am more thorough and cut more cleanly. And clean his ears too. He is my big baby

Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Littlej: haha...yes...fingernails and toenails...he feels that i am more thorough and cut more cleanly. And clean his ears too. He is my big baby
    i wish i can help him with the ears too.
    but my friend ever injured her bf so i am afraid

Think eating uncooked food will post higher risk of food poisoning & raw fish has a certain bacteria that might affect baby. But really curious about the pregnancy diet plan in japan. I love sashimi and salads with vinegarette...ahhh...salivate....didnt dare to touch ever since started trying to concieve....

Hungry already....

Worthy Lady
    Dragontail - I like bling bling tips. .also French manicure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130228-WA0016.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	101475  

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by rav3naers View Post
    Think eating uncooked food will post higher risk of food poisoning & raw fish has a certain bacteria that might affect baby. But really curious about the pregnancy diet plan in japan. I love sashimi and salads with vinegarette...ahhh...salivate....didnt dare to touch ever since started trying to concieve....

Hungry already....
    info on raw fish...I love sushi. Is it safe to eat during pregnancy? - BabyCenter Singapore

all food should be eaten in moderation i guess
    example too much salmon might have risk of mercury poisoning.

Imperial Concubine

:/ i thought mercury poisoning is for tuna fish only? (cook or uncook tuna contains high level of mercury.. ).. i cant stop salmon sashimi.. haha.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by littlej View Post
    Hello rav - wa! You cut your hubby's nails? Hahaha my hubby asked me to do that for him - I told him I cut his skin.

Hello shez - oh dont't worry, I have gotten into arguments with my man esp during fertile time and period time. He has also blurted out similar comments like your hubby! He even said "before trying for baby, I only get this once a month, now I get this twice a month. And super more intense when your aunty arrive. Like 100% my fault you not pregnant".... Then I will cry...
    First few times he will still feel bad and sayang me. Then he started retorting. Then After a while I think he has immunized himself and has anticipated before hand so he will just "oh aunty come, come let's go watch movie (think he prefers movie cuz cannot talk)".

Hey ebichan - the risk of raw food and sashimi is the bacteria which could be fatal. Hahaha I also wonder about pregnant women in Japan how?!? Maybe they just have shabu, yakitori and tempura - the cooked stuff? Or maybe cuz jap is seasoned to raw food so they have stronger stomachs. Or maybe the raw food in Japan is cleaner. dont't know - can you find out!!! And wa - your mum makes unagi for you?!? Ooo yums yums....

Ya dragontail - I was like muahahahah - tadaaahhh me not puke. *Gloats* Said too early. Hmm, I love KFC crispy chicken... With mashed potato and cheese fries!! I actually prefer KFC to popeye's or Texas chicken.
    Your husband is very sweet!!! !!!! its so cute he says "aunty come' ( to refer to period). My husband says, "is it women's day?" (his english no good, anyway say)
    I think you have a point, we so anxious to make baby our husbands also sometimes poor thing. hehe

Yes I will ask my aunty all and friends re: the raw fish.
    I suspect it is part of diet Japanese people cannot forgo. And it is also cleaner there.

I never tried popeye. Is it nice???? Suddenly I want to eat KFC!!!!

Imperial Concubine

Quincy, I chose Singaporean nationality at age 20!! (i am indonesian chinese. dutch and singaporean chinese but lived in neither of those countries except for Singapore until 14 so a natural choice)
    I lived in Japan before moving here 3 years ago. My father has lived in Japan since he started working so that became our home base for the family. I speak to him in English and Japanese. My husband is Japanese but met here in Singapore. Strange.
    I love Singlish and I love Singapore.

Tricky, Rav, I will find out more about this raw fish thing. But it could be a preparation caution. Probably eat at restaurants (not the one named S*ka* Sushi though). And yes quincy is right, wasabi to "kill" germs.

Ebichan: wow...amazing that you get to experience living in so many places and be multilingual. i love japan culture and of coz the anime..heehee...took jap classes in the past but forgotten most of it..haha...maybe can learn abit from you...

hey Ebichan, are you Eurasian ?

@rav3naers - my hubby too loves to get as much pampered by me as possible..I sometimes tease him that he will be my first baby forever..all next..

Gabrielle, those are so glam!!! How often do you change to new one?

I like to draw anything on nails. :P I get inspired by things I see around me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crabtree.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	101494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tarot.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	101495

This weekend so many things to hunt.... jap dessert, KFC, Popeye, etc.

Personally I like KFC among the fried chix chains because I feel that's exactly what junk food should be. Ha! No ... I mean when I eat KFC, coupled with mashed potato and coleslaw, it brings me childhood memory. My first KFC was at Beauty World (gone for good now). Did you know that KFC was launched in singapore in 1977 @ Somerset Road?

I generally dont take raw seafood because I just dont fancy. But I love jap food. I feel one of the "worst" feeling when preggie is not able to eat banana and pineapple and some "liang" fruits. I can eat alot of fruits so I hate it that I had to be deprived.

I also tend to prefer KFC to Popeyes but its a close call.

Are those your nails Dragontail ? how do you manage to do both hands ?

Imperial Concubine

Rav, no problem! We can speak some Japanese!
    Tricky, maybe only 1/4 but I look completely Asian you can't tell
    What about yourself?

Dragontail, Wah I didn't know cannot take those fruits oh my !!
    And I love the nails. Very classy. I cannot make it type.
    I sculpt so the nails always so ugly .

Imperial Concubine

What is the best 'dish ' to order from Popeye?
    I never been