Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; dont't know if any of you all are still buying CW gold...just saw that there's a sale at Watsons at ...

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

dont't know if any of you all are still buying CW gold...just saw that there's a sale at Watsons at Raffles City...28x2 for $32.00...I presume it's 2 boxes....quite a steal..

Tricky yes those are mine. Both my hands are able to draw.

ebichan sometimes I also wonder how much truth in the diet taboo during pregnancy. But if it's from my old folks, I will listen. Afterall they should know best than I do. Even my sinseh also says no pineapple. But then I feel stealing a bite is ok.
    Last edited by Dragontail; 28-03-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    I prefer Popeye's! I find kfc's slaw got weird taste as compared to many years ago.normally I get the 2 piece chicken with fries as side. Their fries are crispy .. cookie special eat with strawberry jam is nice.. yumyum feel like eating too Hahaha

the Popeyes fries are out of this world !

Very nice artwork Dragontail, very talented

it's funny, about pineapple, there's a whole thread on an American forum about ladies who got their bfps after eating during implantation. they said apparently the bromelain in pineapple helps for implantation. And as I mentioned before my step mum kept eating pineapple throughout her pregnancy and all was fine. So I rather take this belief with a pinch of salt haha

Worthy Lady

Thanks girls for your kind words!!!

Yeah I guess trying to concieve takes its toll on us. Just glad that no matter what, he is always there for me.

Just now after dinner, he told me "I think every two weeks I will just keep quiet... Say less wrong less. But my arms will always be open to hold you tight"... How not to fall in love with someone like that.. Haha. Some more my hubby used to be those quiet quiet wont say he loves you etc kinda guy

Oh my gracious me dragontail! Those nails are absolutely stunning! You should go into artisan manicure!!! It is so much better than what I see from those working at the nail salons. But as I said, you need to position yourself as one up... Artisan y'know. Wow. Awesome.

For me - I dont't keep long nails cuz I play the piano (sometimes) And i am not used to the long nails scratching on surface feel. So my nails are constantly short.

Ebichan - order 2 pc chicken and fries at popeye's. dont't bother with the burgers.

Hahaha dragontail - nope didnt know about bit of history on KFC. I know Mac Donald first started at king Albert park in 1978 is it?

Awww shez... Very loving and astute husband.

Oh... For me, I am quite extreme. Cuz I know once I take a small bite / sip - there is no turning back. I will keep thinking about it if I can't have it. Besides, I dont't wanna take even the tiniest risk - I will do all I can so that if anything goes wrong, I can say I tried my best. then again this is me - I do think I have OCD tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by gnissim23 View Post
    :/ i thought mercury poisoning is for tuna fish only? (cook or uncook tuna contains high level of mercury.. ).. i cant stop salmon sashimi.. haha.
    basically a pregnant woman should avoid raw food. this is both in chi med n western med. tuna is actually a good source of omega3. but still, all food in moderation.

during my friend's pregnancy, we treated her to her cravings. in case her baby came out and "keep drooling"
    so poor thing hee

Wow Quincy, you wake up early 5am in a public holiday?

Shez, your husband is so sweet.

Dragontail, you are really very talented. Can use your both hands to draw as well as to knit.

Dragontail: your nail art rocks! Can consider doing as sideline

Imperial Concubine

ladies, I have a little bit embarrassing issue and It has been bothering me.
    It is about 'bedroom activities' so if TMI, you can skip but I would like some insight or advice.

Since last month (when we decide to trying to concieve), my husband has been frequently stopping during it. Before this, we usually used a combination of condom all the way, or condom later but recently we dont't use any condom. He says that he feels more sensitive and stops a lot mid-way. I cannot get the excitement to build up because he is like going then stopping to ??rest ?? or so it seems.

Is this common?

He says using the condom he can go longer and we can enjoy. And he is quite shy so he won't directly say let's use a condom but his statement suggests it.
    He is also always very pai seh about "spilliage" so everytime after it, he rush to get tissue for me.
    It kind of defeats the purpose if trying to concieve, right?

I'm kinda down about it. Plus i hate his company (Japanese company) they always last minute order him go here there. And he cannot say no one.
    How to make a baby and when pregnant and deliver, what if he not around? like im a single girl like that so sad.

Ebichan, hmm I am nit sure if I can help, but I would like contribute what my dear husband told me before. He says wearing condom is not shiok one. Only without condom, he then feel shiok without restriction. So I always thought generally guys feel that way.

but I think Mugabe your husband so used to condom, suddenly never use he feel "empty" that's why he do and stop which can kinda spoil each other mood.
    Maybe you can talk to him about this issue on what you feels, I believe he will get used to it soon.

About the spillage, maybe you can suggest to him when eject, stay inside for a while then slowly withdraw. dont't need to rush to get tissue for you, just place it at your side, then he can clean up his own and let you lie on bed with butt up.

Worthy Lady

Ebichan, it's a lot of communication. Sometimes, I also become dry all of a sudden, or hubby will soften etc. you wanna say stop, but then feel guilty coz supposed to bd for trying to concieve purpose. But at the end of the day, we are not sex machines. If he needs to stop, maybe you can help to continue the momentum? For example deep kissing, or even pull out the hot tip from this thread, bring out the blindfold?

Ebichan: i agree with prayinghard. Coz my hubby also not used to NOT using condoms too when started trying to concieve. Habit. Guys will last longer using condoms and your hubby is probably a little embarassed that he is reaching climax before pleasuring you so he stopped. Maybe changing positions often, try positions that gives you more control.
    Last edited by rav3naers; 29-03-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Imperial Concubine

Shez, Prayinghard, Rav, thank you for replying. So it might be because he is used to condom so feels like orgasm without so he stop and rest?
    I thought something wrong with him like he dont want to make baby, he is tired from work etc.
    How long I wonder will it take for him to get used to this...

I thought of changing positions like me on top and d*ggy style but when I suggest, he doesnt seem to want it. Because I suspect it is more shiok for him and maybe will reach climax faster.

Recently cannot enjoy like before. maybe im baby crazy already

Hello ebichan. Nothing is TMI here. We can already talk about discharge and infections and ewcm - what is bd?!?

I can only speak from personal experience. My dear and I were fanatic about condoms before trying to concieve. As in, no condoms no making out. And we were cleanliness freaks. you know in movies where the couple will cuddle straight after sex, instead we will dash to the toilet after sex then after shower then can cuddle.

This was for many years until last year July when we started trying.

For the first 2 months, It was like wham bam done - I think 1min game over. And he was quite embarrassed as in he tried to stop but couldn't. And then later there were a couple of times he tried to stop halfway but no more fun and besides, it got very tiring for me cuz if Stop Halfway then gotta start all over again. so from 1 min can become like 30min. I would rather take the 1 min sometimes so I just put aside my own wants and play the 1min game. I was contented knowing got spermies inside me and hahaha I guess sex fulfillment was secondary.

And I tried darn hard not to shower but then my man will give me like this huge what of tissues to wipe. And after 3 min he would be like you dont't want to shower .

After about 3 months or so. I think his lil' bro got used to being free of rubber so things got better. And we tried a variety of positions so Erm with me on top, i usually will come first then he will come after With either missionary or doggy. We seldom come together to be honest. hahaha i dont have enough stamina to continue with me on Top

And erm also got used to the no shower post bd feel. But bcuz I cleanliness freak and i will feel gross when the fluid spill onto the bedsheets so I will have this particular pillow (we call it the "sperm pillow") that I put it under my butt. So if anything spills, it only spills to this particular sperm pillow. And so we only need to change pillow case not the whole bedsheet too! My man was more comfortable with this arrangement cuz he knows only the sperm pillow will absorb the spillage. Of course we will never use this sperm pillow to put below our heads!

So I guess in summary. My personal advice is to be patient and well gradually the body will adjust itself. And y'know try a Variety of methods - slowly slowly You know how to pace yourself. And maybe you can try the sperm pillow method so spillage absorbed by one pillow. Your husband won't suddenly turn and think aiyo why so wet here

Hope this helps.

Hey ebichan. On your hubby's traveling schedule. Sometimes no choice. And you travel often too right? My hubby works a lot and sometimes late at night and weekends too (plus need to allocate time for his golf) and I used to travel a lot. i then made the sacrifice to change to a role with less
    Traveling so at least i am more available. Asking my husband to work less or play less golf is like committing a cardinal sin

And it also helped that our gynae gave us a timetable to make out. Hahaha tedious as it may sound, it actually ensured we both made the effort to commit to the schedule.

Even now, this long weekend - I am alone. Cuz dear needs to work. But I guess I see it as time for myself. Sometimes I wonder eh I am pregnant , shouldn't you spend more time accompanying me and y'know buy food for me... why i have to go out and buy for myself. I am like a single mum.

But then again, my man has made the time to accompany me for every doc visit and we have date nights twice a week. And I know he is working hard to support this family (and his golf equipment ). so I count my blessings and well, have something is better than not having anything. That's how I see it.

And for me, I will also think that in case touch wood Choy Choy if anything happens -
    At least I know I can stand on my own two feet.

Just my personal pov.

Imperial Concubine

Little J

Thank you thank you so much really for your kind words and encouragement and good tips.
    I see, I need time to get used to the no condom thing. And he, too.
    And it might be more common than I think.
    The idea of the "spillage pillow" is a good idea! hahaha
    Thank you so much for I feel a lot better and not poor thing or weird for having this situation.

LOL your hubby really loves Golf! That is good because it is one confirmed exercise and stress relief in his life.
    My husband doesnt seem to have any hobbies in Singapore. Like driving, hot springs, baseball, all that cannot do here in Singapore. I mean no car and no baseball batting centre here. Maybe we should have more sex! hahaha

Wow I feel really inspired by you. Date nights twice a week also you handle it very well when your husband's absence.
    I guess I should just try to be more positive re: our travelling and baby making chances. Just very sian looking at our plans and next few months either he or I not around for 2 weeks out of each.

What is this gynae timetable? It's very interesting!!

yes ebichan - try the blindfold method. Maybe instead of you blindfolding hubby, you should be blindfolded so that your sensations are heightened and woo hoo happy happy!

I never try before... This was suggested by tvh and shez and hahah got everyone kinda hot and bothered a week back?!?
    ebichan likes this.

Hi ladies hope you are all having a Good Friday!

Ebichan, I was on birth control pills for years. Because of acne problem. And it's really amazing how these pills helped to clear up my skin. But some 5years ago I have decided to stop as my skin wasnt over raging with sebum anymore, also knowing long term on such medication do me no good. When my hubby (then my bf) had to put on condom when I stopped the pills, we both really didnt enjoy the sex. I couldnt get uh hmm wet and he just didnt feel too good as well. But with trying to concieve, he had to get use to no rubber again and yes that takes time. I mean even now, when it is just too shiok, he also has to pause. I'm ok with the break because I know it's my turn to just lie there like a log and he will do the patting on me. Heee. So I am not complaining. When he is not too sensitive anymore, we will continue. Yes, like what littlej shared, so long I get those swimmers, I really dont care much. Haaa! I know...trying to concieve has turned me into something else. But my dearie ...is a very visual person. I need to do some role play for him. That sets us both in the mood and I feel better that way because I want him to enjoy too....not just a spermie donor.

So about the taking a break thing, give your hubby a little more time. Maybe ask him to focus on just you when he's taking a break from the pumping.

Hey ebichan. That's why we all are here. To talk talk and give our personal experiences and to whinge. Some things are too embarrassing to ask our own friends glad you feel better with everyone's support! Now, how is your dessert? Take pix and show us!

Is baseball same as cricket? I see people playing cricket and it looks the same to me - got bat and got ball

Well - baby making plans only involves 7 - 10 days of the month. So if you and hubby can schedule that time to be in sg together that might work? Or if he is overseas, maybe you can take leave and tag along? Or vice versa?

I went to see gynae on cd10. Gynae then checked my womb and eggs and then he gave me the timetable to bd which is sun, tues, thurs, sat and mon. So we made the effort to be free and bd on sun, tues, thurs, sat (mon our bodies cannot make it already). To be honest, it started off exciting then by thurs it was unromantic and sat was a 'ok ok let's get it done and over with' But I guess timetable helped to ensure both of us are committed to making ourselves available. But ya it is more robotic than romantic.

Hey dragontail - how was the stroll / trek in the park?

Me and hubby have no issue of not washing after bd. In fact, sometimes the bedsheet got stained and it shows the next day. Sometimes i have no time to change it yet so I try to cover the stain with whatever appropriate while doing the bed. My hubby can see the stain too and he will cheekily ask "last night one good or not?" Or "shame shame last night". Hehhe that always makes me chuckle.

This morning my hubby asked me "how's your temperature today?". Even pat pat my tummy and said to it "did you all swim?". Sigh. I hope I dont have to disappoint him. I pray for the best.

Littlej, that plan is off! Friends just group watsapp us to watch G I Joe at 630pm. The walk is supposed to be an evening one. So I guess tonight is movie then late dinner already.

How's your me time so far? And what genre do you play on your piano?

Imperial Concubine

Little J
    Yeah i also think sport got bat and ball should be equally enjoyable. But you know Japanese (and Americans?) love their baseball just like Singaporeans love soccer (But English Premier League?) So I think he very miss the baseball games and also playing.
    I have to look at my CD and possible O dates and hope that we are together in one place then. I didnt make the daifuku yet but yesterday we got some sakura mochi from people who were visiting. Sakura smell is good!!

Dragontail, I see, so it is really a matter of getting used right. With and without like you mention when you guys went through different stages.
    Your husband is very very sweet!!!