Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hopefully by next PH, most of us here alrdy BFP...

Worthy Lady
    Hopefully by next PH, most of us here alrdy BFP

Morning everyone! Happy Easter!

Prayinghard - when is Vesak day? 1 may falls on wed right? Darn, not long weekend

Dragontail - me went to India 3 years ago with my BFF - for hols. It was lovely - so happy we got to see the Taj Mahal - one item off the bucket list! Our regret is we didnt go to Mumbai and Bombay cuz highly likely we won't step into India on our own anytime now or in the future. Thinking back - we are quite fortunate we visited those countries which are now deemed "unsafe" like Egypt too. Never Been to Nepal - it must be nice, but I am not a fan of mountains and trekking (scared of heights!).

Oh well. Guess you can still do USA but book say one month in advance instead? Book on the day af comes and after af use protection all the way until us trip. Maybe should time us trip to coincide with the next Month's ovulation so you can have a baby made in USA?!? This is definitely planning ahead too

Just did a good swim

Thanks prayinghard. Are you planning a short trip too?

Yes aug national day has a good stretch of "free" days. Oh it will be a perfect news if everyone here graduates by then!!

Oh it's must be beautiful in India!! Such happiness when we cross those off bucket list ya. Dont have to do trekking in Nepal....I love heights and g force but auntie's knees cmi to climb! We watched himalayas from the top and afar It was one of the best trips I've had.

My dearie always says let our kid pop in usa. Ask me to stay there during last trime. I have kins in States so I wont be alone. But kinda wishful thinking....

So sad for me vesak day will not be a long weekend for me as I gotta work on sat

Littlej, vesak day is 24 may

"incredible india: anything can happen"
    i agree to their slogan for tourism. it "applies" when dealing with our india customers as well
    thats what my senior says.

anyone of you or your friends got preggie with hubby 40 and beyond? i am worried about autism. might give up our t-tc plan.
    *shrugs*

Quincy, my dad was 43 when my sister was born, she's fine.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Well, not my hubby but me. I am 41 and I'm surely in the high risk group. If baby is tested not healthy during the invasive test, I will not keep it. I know it's a heavy topic. Some people will handle it differently. Anyway we have to be prepared (That's like another concern altogether). Coincidentally my customer gave birth to a boy at 41. She is now 50 I think. The boy is just perfect.
    Last edited by Dragontail; 31-03-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    quincy1986 likes this.

Hello dragontail - why pop in USA? For green card? Hee hee at least you saw the Himalayas from afar

Hello quincy - how old are you and how old is your hubby? My colleague popped 2 kids - one when she was 43 and hubby at 45 - the other kid 2 years later. Both kids are perfect. I have a friend's friend who was 28 and hubby 29 - no smokes and alcohol and super religious - kid born with Down syndrome. I think whilst medical science has proven that risks are higher beyond 35 but it is still a "one-in-" chance thingy. Out of the one, there are others who have been born normal. Of course one can't further exacerbate the age risk by leading a super not conducive for trying to concieve lifestyle like y'know heavy drinking, smoking, taking pot etc. just my thoughts.

Dragontail - I have the same opinion as you. If the lil' muffin is in the high risk category, I will not keep. Whilst some may say it is killing a life and against the law of The Lord, I do agree with that. But I can't sustain this life medically, financially and I won't be around forever to look after or be there for him / her. Singapore is also not a conducive place. It is a hard choice, it is something that has no consensual agreement or disagreement.

All that said, my Oscar results will be made known to me tomorrow. Hahaha maybe that was why I went shopping yesterday - to take my mind off! Hahaha maybe I need to go shopping now too
    quincy1986 likes this.

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

i am 27 and hubby 40 this year.
    read articles online that pregnancies with hubby 40 and over have higher risk of autism.
    so i am concerned. moreover, hubby is now in middle age crisis.
    worried.
    but thanks all for the positive vibe.
    hugs~~

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Quincy: my uncle also >40 (I think Maybe 50!) when he had My cousin. My aunt also above 35 ithink. They have a talkative bright girl now age 4this year. dont't give up!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Littlej: hope the Oscar goes well for you!

Littlej, yes for green card. But it's too complicated . I can't be leaving the kid there and worse, give up singapore citizenship. Although I cannot agree why some erp gantries are erected, why must there be 6.9m to come in this small island etc....this place is still my home.

Ahhh!!! Tomorrow is it ya. I'm sure you can celebrate (another bag?) after you've got the call (or do you have to make a hospital trip?)!

Quincy that's interesting to know. So did the article say if it's the other way round, the autism chance is not as high? I mean if the mom is more than 40 but not the dad. I also think dont give up hope! So many celebrities also popped after 40 and their kids are doing fine.

Dragontail
    so far the articles that i have read only says that women 40 and beyond takes longer to conceive. yay for us women?

oscar is the series of checkups for pregnancy?

Thanks Quincy!

Yes oscar is done around 11-12 weeks. A series of scannings plus blood test. I did that during my first bfp. But I will skip that if got bfp next time. Will go straight to the invasive test ( 抽羊水) 。All these are to test if the fetus might be carrying down syndrome chromosome. Or any other chromosome concerns.

Dragontail: the invasive tests might carry risk of mc right? >_<
    Last edited by rav3naers; 31-03-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Quincy - dont't be discouraged! Jia you!!

Ya look at Elizabeth Hurley... Or the beckhams?!?

Dragontail - will be visiting my gynae for check up plus results. Fingers crossed. We can only do what we can to plant that seed - and eat well and no smokes, alcohol and pot - the rest is really up to god / nature / Buddha.

But I do know if the results come out high risk, my next step would be to do this other test called NIFTY. It is similar to the 抽 thingy but non-invasive hence miscarriage risks are much lower. it takes the mother's blood and analyzes from there. Accuracy is as good as the 抽 thingy. This has been publicly launched across the hospitals in HK but in Singapore, it is still under research at NUH. My friend did that and all worked out well. But because it is under research, cost is way more expensive. Anyway - I have discussed with hubby, we would rather spend the money than undergo the invasive test. Our logic is, money can always be earned back but a life cannot and we cannot take the risks associated with the amnio test.

Anyway dragontail - just thought I let you know there is his other alternative to amnio.

Argh... End of long weekend. End of the me myself I time I must say, I had a pretty good weekend

That's right rav. But so far my friends/sis whom have gone thru the invasive test ended well. You just have to make sure you rest in bed for sometime after the test. You will be put on medical leave too.

To share my own experience, my oscar result wasn't ideal. But I know that oscar sometimes gives you false fright. Many whom had bad results from oscar, moved on to the invasive test and the result turns out normal. So I hate it that oscar gives unnecessary tension.

I discussed with my hubby and we both decided we would not do the invasive test back then. True enough, a week later, my baby decided to stop growing.

Next round, I will skip oscar and go straight to the invasive. Afterall I'm in high risk so I feel the latter is the only test that I need.

Well...havent discuss it with my hubby about the oscar test.

*gulp*
    pulls hair
    @.@

Hey rav - your doc should give you more details closer to date . dont't fret about it now. Just rest well.

let's all take one step at a time. I am going to try my best not to fret about tomorrow!! - I am just going to find a bimbotic he loves her she loves him type of book to read until I am tired then zzzz.

Littlej, my other half will be delighted to hear more about this NIFTY. Finally a test that makes sense and carries no risk. Mind to share a bit more? I really havent heard of it. Maybe the rest here like to be enlightened too.

Does the test result come back to you faster than amnio?
    Also done around same term as the amnio?
    Other hospitals do this test too or only NUH?
    What's the cost?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Dragontail; 31-03-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Googled and found this. A good insight on NIFTY.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483059/table/tbl4/

Worthy Lady
    Any ladies here in theor 2WW ?

TVH
    Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quincy, my gynae told me that guy's age is not really a concern. At 40, I think he still has a good chance of fertilizing you. Rather, age is more of a concern for ladies because our egg quality declines with age but sperm, there is a constant cell renewal process although as a man age, the renewal process takes longer...not to worry...

Gabrielle, I'm at my 2WW but I dont't pin hope for this as my dear husband is sick during my fertile period and we did not actively BD. only did once 4 days before my O so I am pinning any hope.

Plus, I read that after a man recover from fever, the sperm count will reduce and need to take 3-6 months to produce another fresh bunch so I guess there goes my next few months too.