Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree700Likes

We are trying to concieve-ing!

This is a discussion on We are trying to concieve-ing! within the Trying To Conceive forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Sorry, missed one word *not* pinning any hope...

Sorry, missed one word *not* pinning any hope

TVH
    thanks for the assurance <3
    i just shared with hubby on the autism.
    i feel so mean telling him like that.
    it might b my prob at the end of the day @.@

best wishes to all on 2ww *kisses~~~

Hi dragontail- the NIFTY test is not commonly known cuz still under research and not publicly launched. But ya do a google and you will see more. I only knew about it cuz i was researching on the internet and subsequently I found out a friend had it done but we aren't very close so I didn't ask further. So I asked my gynae and he said only can be done at nuh and the cost is high. Now please dont't faint ok - cost is estimated to be about usd4000. But this to be confirmed cuz my doc didnt seem sure. When i asked about this test, he sounded surprised and it felt as if I was the first patient to ask!! If I need to do it, I will definitely share more details with everyone.

But as I said above, I discussed the cost with hubby. We figured let's just spend the money if we need to... cuz 1/ results are apparently even more accurate than amnio 2/ it carries negligible risk of mc since non-invasive as it only involves taking blood from the mum. It was the latter that made this decision cuz we figured we just needed to be really frugal for half a year at least to recoup the usd4000 but we can't recoup a life if suay suay mc cuz of the invasive test. I know of friends who did amnio and turned out ok but now that I know there is a non-invasive way to get the results, I can't convince myself to take the risk and go for amnio. But this is just me.

Imperial Concubine

Re: We are trying to concieve-ing!

Quincy you are young and im sure your heatlh is in the pink!
    You will be fine!

On the other hand
    I am 37 and husband too. Never had child before.
    Im also worried about these things... Sigh
    what to do... I'm late bloomer. Didn't want to marry before and didn't want child.
    SometImes think it's my fault.
    my mother always say I miss the boat.

Dragontail did I read correctly if this time BFP it will be your second? I feel you should be fine with regards to age and health condition of baby
    as you had a child when younger

Im ovulating soon this week by cycle day I think. but I am not trying this month.
    I feel very sad and envious when I see babies lunching next to us at restaurants
    somethIng wrong with me?

Husband's trips are to outskirts of cities in Southeast Asia and he asks me not to follow as its dangerous

Its quite interesting re: US citizenship if child is born there.
    But cannot have Singapore citizenship too, right?

Hmm - when it comes to Down syndrome or abnormalities, I think it is not solely the woman or man's fault . I mean from the beginning, the sperm infuses with the egg and splits into chromosomes which then determines the genetic make up of the foetus and the chromosomal count determines abnormalities or not. So which means if we look at it logically it starts with both spermy and eggy so it takes two to clap right?

So quincy - I would say - already trying to concieve so many things to think about - dont add additional pressure on yourself on risks of abnormalities yet. There are many what ifs in this world. For me, I take it one step at a time. =).

Gabrielle, I am on 2ww. I reckon you're too? Good luck!

Prayinghard, good luck to you too! We'll never know

Littlej, ya I almost fell off my chair with that figure. If only I can afford to have a baby 5 years later then maybe NIFTY is not expensive -_-

Ebichan, I've had 2 bfps last year. Unfortunately I lost them both. I'm still trying surely!

Yes that's singapore law. Can't hold two citizenships. Bleh.

I also can't help going goo goo gah gah over babies I see everywhere! I always see babies, toddlers and I think to myself "I am going to be a good mother". But you'll never know when you're faced with a real kid real challenge. Haa!
    Last edited by Dragontail; 31-03-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Hey ebichan - yes feeling sad and envious is common. i had those feelings too. And I also avoided going for baby showers and meeting friends who has kids. Extreme right?

Yeah you can't have dual citizenship for Singaporeans.

Can your hubby schedule his trips around your o time?

yes ebichan i agree with littlej

my senior's husband's work requires travelling.
    but her husband can negotiate to take turns to travel as they have a preschooler too and only 2 working parents to take care. in-laws / parents live overseas and no helpers.

Muahahahah dragontail - I almost snorted when my doc mentioned the cost.

Yes I can imagine everyone's reaction when they see the cost. If I have to do the test, you won't hear me talking about bags and holidays for a long long time. My dear was the best, he is like aiya that is equivalent to a Chanel bag or a holiday in Japan. I rolled my eyes at him cuz 1/ I dont't have a single Chanel 2/ we have never been to Japan (so how did he know? Hmm!)...

Hello ladies!! Hope you all had a nice weekend..I am back safe from my Batam trip, had a nice relaxing time there though it was hot there..

Not so looking forward to work this week but have my first check up with my OB gyn and bday too so motivating myself to finish work with those reasons..

Have a nice and smooth week everyone..looking forward to receiving news about BFPs..

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail:774135
    Thanks Quincy!

Yes oscar is done around 11-12 weeks. A series of scannings plus blood test. I did that during my first bfp. But I will skip that if got bfp next time. Will go straight to the invasive test ( 抽羊水) 。All these are to test if the fetus might be carrying down syndrome chromosome. Or any other chromosome concerns.
    For invasive test, think there is this test called cvs..not sure about the full name...it suppose to take cells from the placenta and cultured it..think it could be done earlier than ammio..
    For non invasive test test, I read from a forum that there is a clinc in Camden medical that do scans and claims that the results are accurate. .

Imperial Concubine

Dragontail oh I'm sorry I did not read carefully
    but I, along with all the girls here, wish you big strong BFP all the way man!

LittleJ, yeah but I felt silly for feeling that way when I see parents with kids
    i mean I see a lot of mums always scolding their kids here
    i have no idea of course whether I would do the same although I definitely dont't want to

In my case, I chose SG nationality because I feel kinda weird holding a passport where I dont't know much about the country
    let alone live there! ( my father has Dutch and Indonesian passports but is Japanese PR).
    I will let me kids decide when they turn 20. If we end up in Japan (which is most likely, as husband is very traditional ), I hope that our kids will still understand and connect to SG heritage. I will make sure of it!

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by happysoul View Post
    Hello ladies!! Hope you all had a nice weekend..I am back safe from my Batam trip, had a nice relaxing time there though it was hot there..

Not so looking forward to work this week but have my first check up with my OB gyn and bday too so motivating myself to finish work with those reasons..

Have a nice and smooth week everyone..looking forward to receiving news about BFPs..
    Welcome home!!!!
    We also llook forward to hearing about your first visit!!
    Ganbatte!!

Welcome back happysoul! And when is birthday cum gynae visit?

Ebichan / dragontail - to be honest, I feel that our kids generation will be very different from us. Unless they are aspiring politicians, I think the next generation won't feel any ties / kinship to their home country cuz their world is so much bigger with Internet and with all the cheaper airfares. I look at myself versus the late 80s generation in my office - they are so much more exposed, have explored more countries than i did at that age, more inclined to do a variety of internships for flexibility or to find their calling. I dont't know whether these are only specific for Singaporeans given the feedback I hear from this bunch is they feel Singapore doesn't offer them any incentives not opportunities to stay... Oh well.

Hi natalieeng - do you know the clinic at Camden which does the non invasive test?

Cvs is invasive too

i cringe at invasive.
    suddenly i hate being a woman.
    i should tell my hubby more.

Worthy Lady

Omg looking at all these talks about tests make me shudder.

As it is, the only one test I'm concerned about and really wanna pass now is the home pregnancy test. Hahahaha.

Back to work tomorrow!

Imperial Concubine

Actually I'm quite cOnfused
    the tests are done at 11-12weeks
    at that time
    wouldnt it be hard to make any decisions
    if so?

@Littlej, ebichan - thanks for welcoming me..
    I am having my first checkup on this Wednesday....quite anxious and excited..wondering how the appointment would go..

Imperial Concubine

Happy soul
    we will be here waiting to hear your "report" of the first visit!

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by littlej:774202
    Hi natalieeng - do you know the clinic at Camden which does the non invasive test?

Cvs is invasive too
    Yes. CVS is invasive but it is done earlier than the ammio test.

The website for the clinic is http://www.ssr.com.sg . Not sure about the charges though as I never try it before...hmmz

Good morning ladies. Can I find out with you ladies whom had BFP... did you experience implantation spotting?

Welcome back happysoul! So which hotel did you go at batam? First visit must be so so so exciting. I probably cant sleep well on Tue night. Hee.

ebichan, sadly, that's the reality. Such tests cant diagnose much at too early a stage. Need the fetus to be developed till 11weeks thereabout to pick up any chromosome problem signs. Well, lets not go there Everyone have a healthy healthy pregnancy to come!

Imperial Concubine littlehamster's Avatar
    Dragontail: first one dont't have 2nd one have. Just a wipe of brown.

Happy April Fool's day!

I agree with shez - let's take it one step at a time. First Find o date, second have enough sex, third get bfp, fourth live healthily, fifth do tests...

Dragontail - I didn't have implantation spotting. But I had this bout of nausea on cd23 and jabbing twinges at the ovary area on cd23 and 24, af like cramps on cd27 and af like aching legs on cd27 and 28. I was convinced af was coming. I was on a biz trip then and kept faithfully used pads to prevent any accidents!!! So looking back the telltale signs could be the nausea and jabbing twinges cuz I never had that (although i didnt know it then). Btw I recorded these symptoms in ff - my memory not so good to remember everything!!!